GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs Essendon

Given results so far this round, this is a huge opportunity for the Dees to consolidate a top 4 finish.
On the other hand, the Bombers will now have September action in their sights, and I expect them to come out firing.  
Bottom line:  our experience, structures and fitness should hold sway, and lead to a comfortable win, so long as we don’t suffer from some sort of ‘post bye malaise’.  Dees by 5 goals I reckon (much to my joy!).

• Like 4

Oliver vs Parish - head to head.

Personally, I'm pleased for Darcy.... but the body of work over the journey is clearly in favour of Clayton.

Viney's inclusion will stem lost clearances - but I expect him to fade at the end of quarters/second half.

I hope the extra respite is helpful for Salem's recovery and touch.

Should also be good for Rivers who was down on execution last game.

The worry as always is our forward line - but it has also proven it can function well, without the inclusion of Weideman or Ben Brown.

So, as per every single other game each round and over the season, it's all about the pressure and intensity that is brought along. The structure will then look after itself.

• Like 4

Have just returned home after breakfast out with the family. We were seated right near the whole Viney clan, including Jack and Todd - will take that as a good omen. Dees by 148.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

We have to start well. Something we haven't been able to do in the past few games and play catch up. 

Yep, the start is critical.

We seem to hinge on the belief that our system will reel teams in that get away from us. The filth loss hopefully showed the entire team that we cannot rely on that alone. Be proactive and come out like we did against the dogs.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 2

Viney so important to the balance of our midfield. Looking forward to him crunching a few Bombers with his tackling pressure.

Keeping the pressure on the Ess ball carrier is crucial. Get them to panic and turn it over. They like a free flowing possession game. 

I prefer the smaller foward line, especially if its a bit slippery. Weid and BBB are better suited to dry conditions. We did well without the earlier in the season with Tom McDonald stepping up.

Dees by 30

Edited by Stiff Arm
  • Like 3

Apologies to any vegetarian demons (and also slightly off topic) but this was too good not to share.

IMG20210626092328.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

Viney so important to the balance of our midfield. Looking forward to him crunching a few Bombers with his tackling pressure.

Keeping the pressure on the Ess ball carrier is crucial. Get them to panic and turn it over. They like a free flowing possession game. 

I prefer the smaller foward line, especially if its a bit slippery. Weid and BBB are better suited to dry conditions. We did well without the earlier in the season with Tom McDonald stepping up.

Dees by 30

Couldn't agree more. We come out and racked up wins without either of them, why change a winning formula.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

Apologies to any vegetarian demons (and also slightly off topic) but this was too good not to share.

IMG20210626092328.jpg

Looks like you’re unleashing your inner Tmac. ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Looks like you’re unleashing your inner Tmac. ?

Yeah that's exactly what I meant, not off topic at all

For what it's worth the bbq forums are sick of me talking [censored] about the dee's

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ethan Trembley said:

Kozzie will kick 4 and Stringer will attempt to run around Rivers when taking a shot at goal and get poleaxed. Trac will kick 6. 

Jeez Ethan, Trac will have to have 12 shots at goal to kick 6 !!

• Haha 1

We saw the lions use defence to smash the cats.  This is our model.  Keep the ball in front of us and halve contests and we win.  Let them get out the back and that’s where they get their run going.  Our back 6/7 will do fine if we support up the ground.  Need to minimise our turnovers going inside 50.

they run fast, but we will run for longer.  Gotta take all the wind out of their sails, and their supporters, with tough uncompromising footy from the first bounce.  We need to win the middle and keep therm under pressure.  They will wilt.  Stringer plays only one good game every now and then, so not expecting too much from him.  Tippa needs to be kept out of it.  Line on line we have the better list.  Lets not mess this one up, demons! Dees by 37 points.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Josh said:

IMG20210626092328.jpg

Nice marbling. Is it tri tip? Any particular breed/feed? 

20 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Stomp on it.

Pretty sure stomping on anyone is a reportable offence.

2 hours ago, Ethan Trembley said:

Kozzie will kick 4 and Stringer will attempt to run around Rivers when taking a shot at goal and get poleaxed. Trac will kick 6. 

All the makings of an intense Demon euphoria! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Nice marbling. Is it tri tip? Any particular breed/feed? 

It's a rack of cape grim beef short ribs. I believe they are grass fed Angus from Tassie but happy to be corrected. They may not be the most expensive but I find them the best value for money. 

A bit like Geelong, never really won any awards but rarely bottom out.

IVe never tried tri-tip, beef ribs have always been my go to they are pretty much [censored] proof (lucky for me) but the rump cap I done last weekend may have taken the cake it was ridiculously good.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, loges said:

Pretty sure stomping on anyone is a reportable offence.

Oh, they find a way. Dirty players always find a way. 

I’m more nervous for this game than any other game this season. So many questions to be answered tonight:

1. Can we maintain the rage and continue on our form or have we officially hit a flat spot?

2. Can our forward line kick a big enough score with only one genuine tall forward again or was that only successful when we were surprising teams?

3. Are Essendon actually decent and can make a case for the top 8?

4. Does bringing Viney back bring back our ruthlessness?

etc.

If we win tonight, and the Dogs lose to Eagles in Perth, we go 2 games clear on top. It is a massively important game for us.

My MFCSS is at an all time high today, but surely we beat this mob and continue on our way?

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 2