Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     


Recommended Posts

It's hard work signing up. Ideally you want people to be able to join when they're inspired after a win and for it to be super easy, but geez it's hard work.

That you can't pay with a single payment online and have to sign up through payment installments is inexcusable.

Going some way in the club's defence, ticketek is a horrendous organisation.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate my 20 year membership certificate is signed by Mark Neeld. It could be worse. 

49,666

Fair enough Old Dee. My Dad died late last year, so this is my first season without him, and it has taken on a melancholy tone as a result. But I must say, I did feel perked up after a couple of beaut

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

It's hard work signing up. Ideally you want people to be able to join when they're inspired after a win and for it to be super easy, but geez it's hard work.

That you can't pay with a single payment online and have to sign up through payment installments is inexcusable.

Going some way in the club's defence, ticketek is a horrendous organisation.

the other thing you can't do online is add a reserved seat without a grandfinal guarantee tax. You can if you ring the club or if you are renewing a membership with reserved seating and no guarantee. It makes a big difference to the price. I'm sure many new users would prefer a reserved seat but not at the inflated price caused by the grandfinal guarantee.

some or all of these anomalies i think are caused by the club having to use standard afl software when booking memberships online. It's a bit of deception by obfuscation

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will Get closer to 50k this week, come on Dee supporters what are you waiting for........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the reason that the membership portal is done through Ticketek? It is beyond abysmal sign up experience.  And working myself in digital, I often wonder what the drop off rates are in that membership funnel?

Do the Demons get access to that data, or the meta data like when and from where these people are signing up to better inform our marketing activities?

For example, if it is (as I suspect) that people sign up post game - probably makes sense to do targeting e-marketing in and around that time (ie promos etc). 

Just a thought...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Altona-demon said:

What is the reason that the membership portal is done through Ticketek? It is beyond abysmal sign up experience.  And working myself in digital, I often wonder what the drop off rates are in that membership funnel?

Do the Demons get access to that data, or the meta data like when and from where these people are signing up to better inform our marketing activities?

For example, if it is (as I suspect) that people sign up post game - probably makes sense to do targeting e-marketing in and around that time (ie promos etc). 

Just a thought...

I've said for ages they should have membership tents outside the ground after wins. I'd particularly target outside gate 2 for those MCC members who wouldn't normally sign up but may think otherwise after the high if a win and/or some pints in the bar.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, roy11 said:

Is it too early to look into the Grand Final Guarantee, LIDS OFF!

 

*itchy trigger finger*

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've said for ages they should have membership tents outside the ground after wins. I'd particularly target outside gate 2 for those MCC members who wouldn't normally sign up but may think otherwise after the high if a win and/or some pints in the bar.

Club not allowed to at the moment due to COVID restrictions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Club not allowed to at the moment due to COVID restrictions.

crazy isn't it george?  ok to have the food van outside the mcg but not a club tent

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Club not allowed to at the moment due to COVID restrictions.

Yeah I know, I meant previous years. Electronic targeting post victory would be a great idea as the previous poster mentioned.

Also the Ticketmaster website is dog**** agree with that too. How hard is it to set up a website for people to easily purchase the items they want?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I work with the meanest man in the world.

He rang up the MCC today to buy a MCC/MFC membership.  (It is possibly the cheapest membership)

If he is joining I reckon there is easily another 20,000 out there.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm guessing the memberships with GF guarantee are selling like hot cakes.

 

Edit:  I just had a look at all the membership packages that include the guarantee and each one shows 'Limited Availabilty'. 

So if anyone wants one ring the club quickly!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm guessing the memberships with GF guarantee are selling like hot cakes.

 

Edit:  I just had a look at all the membership packages that include the guarantee and each one shows 'Limited Availabilty'. 

So if anyone wants one ring the club quickly!

I hate to be a dampener but as a long term GF guarantee donor ‘limited ‘ in this context does not reflect heightened demand - just that there’s a finite number available.

i’ve been using the guarantee for several years as a way of coughing up more into the coffers. Never really thought I’d need it.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

I hate to be a dampener but as a long term GF guarantee donor ‘limited ‘ in this context does not reflect heightened demand - just that there’s a finite number available.

i’ve been using the guarantee for several years as a way of coughing up more into the coffers. Never really thought I’d need it.

Not putting a dampener on it for me.  I've paid for a GF guarantee for the last 20 years!  Always thought of it as a donation.

The 'Limited Availablity' means there isn't many of that finite number still available. The only time I saw 'Limited Availablity' was post 2018 so it means that demand fluctuates.  Bad years not in demand.  Good years lots are in demand.

My read is that this year there aren't many GF gaurantee memberships left because the demand has been high enough to use up the number we can have.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bimbo said:

I work with the meanest man in the world.

He rang up the MCC today to buy a MCC/MFC membership.  (It is possibly the cheapest membership)

If he is joining I reckon there is easily another 20,000 out there.

@Bimbo! I read that...get back to work!

  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not putting a dampener on it for me.  I've paid for a GF guarantee for the last 20 years!  Always thought of it as a donation.

The 'Limited Availablity' means there isn't many of that finite number still available. The only time I saw 'Limited Availablity' was post 2018 so it means that demand fluctuates.  Bad years not in demand.  Good years lots are in demand.

My read is that this year there aren't many GF gaurantee memberships left because the demand has been high enough to use up the number we can have.

I have always thought of my membership as a donation LH but you have got me well covered paying for a GF guarantee through the Neeld years is the ultimate sacrifice ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

G'day all, just a quick question, I've changed my membership to being digital (not sure if they send out the cards anymore anyway??) but through the app when I try and access the Mobile Membership area it allows me to see last years fixture (not that's any good), but not that actual membership card. I'm only asking because I'm heading along to the Sporting Globe tonight and as members we get a discount, but they have the scan the membership card. Anyone know how to do that with these digital memberships? 

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red and Blue realist said:

G'day all, just a quick question, I've changed my membership to being digital (not sure if they send out the cards anymore anyway??) but through the app when I try and access the Mobile Membership area it allows me to see last years fixture (not that's any good), but not that actual membership card. I'm only asking because I'm heading along to the Sporting Globe tonight and as members we get a discount, but they have the scan the membership card. Anyone know how to do that with these digital memberships? 

There were no digital membership cards. The plan was to issue your entry bar code before each round. COVID ruined that plan.

I suggest getting the bar code number off the email the club would have sent you to gain access to tickets, through Ticketek. That might work?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

There were no digital membership cards. The plan was to issue your entry bar code before each round. COVID ruined that plan.

I suggest getting the bar code number off the email the club would have sent you to gain access to tickets, through Ticketek. That might work?

Thanks GOTO appreciate it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

46,896

Thanks CP5
Got nearly a 1,000 more members 3000 more to go and let's get 45,000/50,000 to overwhelm those Swans on Sat night. 

Will pay for your Oranges at 3/4 time and limoncello at half time!!

You magnificent footballer and Even better person (man) your all ours  For 9 seasons still !!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 58er said:

Thanks CP5
Got nearly a 1,000 more members 3000 more to go and let's get 45,000/50,000 to overwhelm those Swans on Sat night. 

Will pay for your Oranges at 3/4 time and limoncello at half time!!

You magnificent footballer and Even better person (man) your all ours  For 9 seasons still !!! 

Let's make this  the CP5 tribute match.

Wont there be a giant ROAR on Sat night when Christian gets his first touch ( goal ,kick, or handball, or tackle).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm guessing the memberships with GF guarantee are selling like hot cakes.

 

Edit:  I just had a look at all the membership packages that include the guarantee and each one shows 'Limited Availabilty'. 

So if anyone wants one ring the club quickly!

Just upgraded to interstate with GFG

long time on hold

now need to convince them to let me use my game in home state at Metricon for the Suns game which is an hour north but over the border but closer than Sydney at 12 hours and we have no games there this year

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we finish top 4 and make a prelim we will crack 50,000 next year 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jaded said:

If we finish top 4 and make a prelim we will crack 50,000 next year 

will crack 50k this year (if covid doesn't get worse)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    HOT PIES FREEZE DEES by George on the Outer

    In the Annual Big Freeze game in support of Neale Daniher's fight against MND, it was Collingwood who froze the ambitions of the Demons, and it now challenges them to thaw out their prospects in the second half of the season. Even though Melbourne opened the scoring account, it was quickly countered by Collingwood, as the Demons appeared flat. And even though they held a minor lead at the first break, it was only through a couple of fortunate efforts, but nothing more.  All around

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne supporters are an unusual lot. Their lived experiences over years of witnessing their team’s humiliation at the hands of the competition’s bullies have left them suspended in a Bizarro World beset by a cognitive distortion know as 'mental filtering'. This is a phenomenon that occurs when people focus exclusively and blindly on long held belief systems. They refuse to accept that conditions have changed so when the evidence is present before their very own eyes, their minds are frozen.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 4

    CHANGES: 2021 MID SEASON by The Oracle 

    Since the end of the 2020 free agency, trade and draft period, AFL clubs have had two further bites of the cherry to top up their lists — the supplemental selection period (SSP) and the 2021 mid-season rookie draft (MSD). The main idea behind both was to enable the fulfillment of immediate needs as a result of injuries or unexpected retirements but this year, we have seen the added dimension of straight out recruitment for the future rather than for now. As a consequence, a number of ready

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    LION TAMERS by George On The Outer

    In an enthralling game between two top four sides, it was the Demons who tamed the Lions, and propelled themselves into the position of premiership favourite even though the season is barely past the halfway mark. This is because Melbourne keeps on beating those teams around them who might provide a challenge. Not only that, it keeps winning with emphatic displays of resilience and toughness that have not been seen in a Demons side for many, many years. Challenged in the first half of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DUELING BANJOS by Whispering Jack

    In the classic Australian poem, A B “Banjo” Paterson sought the answer by letter to a question concerning the whereabouts of a drover named “Clancy”. The response from Clancy’s shearing mate was written with a thumb-nail dipped in tar: “Clancy’s gone to Queensland droving, and we don’t know where he are.” Most of us would have felt a little bit that way earlier in the week wondering about the possible whereabouts of the Melbourne team for this week’s encounter against Brisbane. Were th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DOGGED DEEFENCE by George on the Outer

    “No-one let the Dogs out” was the Demons response for the (former) top side.  The Melbourne defence, capably lead by Steven May and Jake Lever simply suffocated any hopes that the Western Bulldogs might have had about leading the competition at the mid-way point. Instead, it is the Demons who now sit at the top of the ladder, again a game clear, while their supporters are starting to believe that this side is the real deal.  Pity is that those same supporters couldn’t watch their team demol

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LOOK AWAY DEMON FANS by The Oracle

    Last week I predicted a comfortable Melbourne victory for its game against Adelaide. “Something in the order of 61 points”, I opined. Well, after the game, I checked the wording of my preview very carefully from all angles and I have now concluded that I have to issue an apology to Demon fans. I got it wrong. I’m not bitter and twisted about my error in failing to predict the coaching errors, defensive mistakes, lack of forward pressure and, of course, the complete failure of those officiat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CALM BEFORE THE CALM by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons overcame a sluggish first half to run over the Sydney Swans in the second to record an emphatic 40 point victory, maintaining their undefeated record and retaining top spot on the VFL ladder. The game originally listed as part of the Round 4 fixture but delayed due to a Covid19 scare in Sydney and the scrappy way in which the teams approached the contest suggested that the players were still in delay mode. This applied in particular to most of the 12 AFL listed Casey player

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NOTHING TO CROW ABOUT by George On The Outer

    Melbourne’s nine game winning streak  came to an end in Adelaide with a one point loss to the Crows. Losing to a team that had only won three games for the season, having lost five in a row was certainly nothing to crow about.  All around the ground players collectively put in their poorest performance for the year.  The loss of Christian Salem before the match was critical, as his replacement Nev Jetta is a mere shadow the player he once was. The mind is still willing, but the body no

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CRYING OVER SPILT MILK by The Oracle

    It had to happen sooner or later. Melbourne has been riding high through the season to date and, with the exception of a small bunch of nuff nuffs who are never satisfied with anything, the club has attracted more positive vibes from the community in these nine weeks than it did in the past decade. So it came as no surprise to see some low grade stirring of the sort which only the media could come up with at a time like this. The on line site Zero Hanger came up with an article that opined,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CATNIPPED by KC from Casey

    After winning big away from home across the first three rounds of the new look VFL competition, the Casey Demons were forced to dig deep against Geelong VFL at Casey Fields on Saturday. The traditional AFL based teams were evenly matched, fielding ten listed players apiece and this was reflected in the evenness of the game and the final margin which saw the home side leading by a solitary point on the final siren. Casey suffered an early blow when Jake Bowey came off with what ap

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    BLUES IN THE RED by George On The Outer

    While the Demons’ undefeated run continues unabated now at 9-0 their emphatic 26 point victory pushed the Blues to their sixth loss for the season and deeper into the red for the year. While Melbourne opened proceedings with an early goal, the Blues responded with the next two to grab an early lead.  However, as has happened in so many games this year, the Demons fought back to lead by just over a goal come the first break. This narrow lead was part of a streak either side of quarter t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...