Jump to content

  • Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm     

  • Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm     


Recommended Posts

It's hard work signing up. Ideally you want people to be able to join when they're inspired after a win and for it to be super easy, but geez it's hard work.

That you can't pay with a single payment online and have to sign up through payment installments is inexcusable.

Going some way in the club's defence, ticketek is a horrendous organisation.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair enough Old Dee. My Dad died late last year, so this is my first season without him, and it has taken on a melancholy tone as a result. But I must say, I did feel perked up after a couple of beaut

2 more to the tally! Finally got my twin daughters' first memberships finalised, after a reasonably complex scenario was handled with aplomb and relative efficiency by a particular individual dow

@Bimbo! I read that...get back to work!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

It's hard work signing up. Ideally you want people to be able to join when they're inspired after a win and for it to be super easy, but geez it's hard work.

That you can't pay with a single payment online and have to sign up through payment installments is inexcusable.

Going some way in the club's defence, ticketek is a horrendous organisation.

the other thing you can't do online is add a reserved seat without a grandfinal guarantee tax. You can if you ring the club or if you are renewing a membership with reserved seating and no guarantee. It makes a big difference to the price. I'm sure many new users would prefer a reserved seat but not at the inflated price caused by the grandfinal guarantee.

some or all of these anomalies i think are caused by the club having to use standard afl software when booking memberships online. It's a bit of deception by obfuscation

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will Get closer to 50k this week, come on Dee supporters what are you waiting for........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the reason that the membership portal is done through Ticketek? It is beyond abysmal sign up experience.  And working myself in digital, I often wonder what the drop off rates are in that membership funnel?

Do the Demons get access to that data, or the meta data like when and from where these people are signing up to better inform our marketing activities?

For example, if it is (as I suspect) that people sign up post game - probably makes sense to do targeting e-marketing in and around that time (ie promos etc). 

Just a thought...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Altona-demon said:

What is the reason that the membership portal is done through Ticketek? It is beyond abysmal sign up experience.  And working myself in digital, I often wonder what the drop off rates are in that membership funnel?

Do the Demons get access to that data, or the meta data like when and from where these people are signing up to better inform our marketing activities?

For example, if it is (as I suspect) that people sign up post game - probably makes sense to do targeting e-marketing in and around that time (ie promos etc). 

Just a thought...

I've said for ages they should have membership tents outside the ground after wins. I'd particularly target outside gate 2 for those MCC members who wouldn't normally sign up but may think otherwise after the high if a win and/or some pints in the bar.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, roy11 said:

Is it too early to look into the Grand Final Guarantee, LIDS OFF!

 

*itchy trigger finger*

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've said for ages they should have membership tents outside the ground after wins. I'd particularly target outside gate 2 for those MCC members who wouldn't normally sign up but may think otherwise after the high if a win and/or some pints in the bar.

Club not allowed to at the moment due to COVID restrictions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Club not allowed to at the moment due to COVID restrictions.

crazy isn't it george?  ok to have the food van outside the mcg but not a club tent

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Club not allowed to at the moment due to COVID restrictions.

Yeah I know, I meant previous years. Electronic targeting post victory would be a great idea as the previous poster mentioned.

Also the Ticketmaster website is dog**** agree with that too. How hard is it to set up a website for people to easily purchase the items they want?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I work with the meanest man in the world.

He rang up the MCC today to buy a MCC/MFC membership.  (It is possibly the cheapest membership)

If he is joining I reckon there is easily another 20,000 out there.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm guessing the memberships with GF guarantee are selling like hot cakes.

 

Edit:  I just had a look at all the membership packages that include the guarantee and each one shows 'Limited Availabilty'. 

So if anyone wants one ring the club quickly!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm guessing the memberships with GF guarantee are selling like hot cakes.

 

Edit:  I just had a look at all the membership packages that include the guarantee and each one shows 'Limited Availabilty'. 

So if anyone wants one ring the club quickly!

I hate to be a dampener but as a long term GF guarantee donor ‘limited ‘ in this context does not reflect heightened demand - just that there’s a finite number available.

i’ve been using the guarantee for several years as a way of coughing up more into the coffers. Never really thought I’d need it.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

I hate to be a dampener but as a long term GF guarantee donor ‘limited ‘ in this context does not reflect heightened demand - just that there’s a finite number available.

i’ve been using the guarantee for several years as a way of coughing up more into the coffers. Never really thought I’d need it.

Not putting a dampener on it for me.  I've paid for a GF guarantee for the last 20 years!  Always thought of it as a donation.

The 'Limited Availablity' means there isn't many of that finite number still available. The only time I saw 'Limited Availablity' was post 2018 so it means that demand fluctuates.  Bad years not in demand.  Good years lots are in demand.

My read is that this year there aren't many GF gaurantee memberships left because the demand has been high enough to use up the number we can have.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bimbo said:

I work with the meanest man in the world.

He rang up the MCC today to buy a MCC/MFC membership.  (It is possibly the cheapest membership)

If he is joining I reckon there is easily another 20,000 out there.

@Bimbo! I read that...get back to work!

  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not putting a dampener on it for me.  I've paid for a GF guarantee for the last 20 years!  Always thought of it as a donation.

The 'Limited Availablity' means there isn't many of that finite number still available. The only time I saw 'Limited Availablity' was post 2018 so it means that demand fluctuates.  Bad years not in demand.  Good years lots are in demand.

My read is that this year there aren't many GF gaurantee memberships left because the demand has been high enough to use up the number we can have.

I have always thought of my membership as a donation LH but you have got me well covered paying for a GF guarantee through the Neeld years is the ultimate sacrifice ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

G'day all, just a quick question, I've changed my membership to being digital (not sure if they send out the cards anymore anyway??) but through the app when I try and access the Mobile Membership area it allows me to see last years fixture (not that's any good), but not that actual membership card. I'm only asking because I'm heading along to the Sporting Globe tonight and as members we get a discount, but they have the scan the membership card. Anyone know how to do that with these digital memberships? 

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red and Blue realist said:

G'day all, just a quick question, I've changed my membership to being digital (not sure if they send out the cards anymore anyway??) but through the app when I try and access the Mobile Membership area it allows me to see last years fixture (not that's any good), but not that actual membership card. I'm only asking because I'm heading along to the Sporting Globe tonight and as members we get a discount, but they have the scan the membership card. Anyone know how to do that with these digital memberships? 

There were no digital membership cards. The plan was to issue your entry bar code before each round. COVID ruined that plan.

I suggest getting the bar code number off the email the club would have sent you to gain access to tickets, through Ticketek. That might work?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

There were no digital membership cards. The plan was to issue your entry bar code before each round. COVID ruined that plan.

I suggest getting the bar code number off the email the club would have sent you to gain access to tickets, through Ticketek. That might work?

Thanks GOTO appreciate it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

46,896

Thanks CP5
Got nearly a 1,000 more members 3000 more to go and let's get 45,000/50,000 to overwhelm those Swans on Sat night. 

Will pay for your Oranges at 3/4 time and limoncello at half time!!

You magnificent footballer and Even better person (man) your all ours  For 9 seasons still !!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 58er said:

Thanks CP5
Got nearly a 1,000 more members 3000 more to go and let's get 45,000/50,000 to overwhelm those Swans on Sat night. 

Will pay for your Oranges at 3/4 time and limoncello at half time!!

You magnificent footballer and Even better person (man) your all ours  For 9 seasons still !!! 

Let's make this  the CP5 tribute match.

Wont there be a giant ROAR on Sat night when Christian gets his first touch ( goal ,kick, or handball, or tackle).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I'm guessing the memberships with GF guarantee are selling like hot cakes.

 

Edit:  I just had a look at all the membership packages that include the guarantee and each one shows 'Limited Availabilty'. 

So if anyone wants one ring the club quickly!

Just upgraded to interstate with GFG

long time on hold

now need to convince them to let me use my game in home state at Metricon for the Suns game which is an hour north but over the border but closer than Sydney at 12 hours and we have no games there this year

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we finish top 4 and make a prelim we will crack 50,000 next year 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jaded said:

If we finish top 4 and make a prelim we will crack 50,000 next year 

will crack 50k this year (if covid doesn't get worse)

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    DUCKING A PLUCKING by George On The Outer

    With seven consecutive wins for 2021 behind it, and not having played well in its previous game,  Melbourne was ripe for the picking (or plucking) by the Sydney Swans. However, in the end, it was the Ducks who found themselves plucked by a Demons side that continues its relentless successful roll for the Season. Or did the Demons narrowly duck a plucking themselves? Sydney brought its usual game style to the M.C.G.  Get in front and then shut down the game, scrap and refuse to mov

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE MERRY, MERRY MONTH OF MAY by The Oracle

    The month of May was a little more than halfway into its second day when the news came. Melbourne was on top of the AFL table for the first time since Round 3, 2005. As usual with the Demons, there was no time for celebration. They had just lost tough nut Jack Viney with yet another soft spot in his foot, Adam Tomlinson’s year was in ruins with what was subsequently confirmed as an ACL and Bayley Fritsch’s careless but unintentional fend off on North’s Tom Powell was about to see him charge

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BLUNDSTONE BOOTED by George on the Outer

    The tough Aussie Blundstone boot is made for true blue collar workers, and so it was at this aptly named stadium in Hobart, that the Demons were made to work their hardest for their seventh consecutive win of the season. From the outset, North Melbourne put scoreboard pressure on Melbourne with two majors at an early stage in the first quarter. The Demons fought back and temporarily had the lead but the Kangaroos responded to lead by five points at quarter time. This was not what the public

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNTROUBLED by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons were untroubled for the third week in a row as they went on a four quarter romp at Marvel Stadium to record a 107 point win over an undermanned bottom-of-the-ladder North Melbourne VFL. The scoring riot began about ten minutes into the game when Sam Weideman notched the first of four goals that could easily have been six or seven but for some uncharacteristic misses from close in. The Demon forward, spurned so far by the club’s AFL selectors, demonstrated a strong work rate

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    I’LL GIVE THEE A WIND by Whispering Jack

    The football world was reminded this week about the last time Melbourne opened a season with six wins or more in a row. That was in 1965 when Sir Robert Gordon Menzies was Prime Minister of Australia and the country was fighting a war in faraway Vietnam. It was before Jack Viney’s father, Todd, was born — a time when the game was played almost exclusively on Saturdays and when Demon fans used to wake up in the morning mostly safe in the knowledge that there was not even the remotest possibility

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAKING HISTORY by KC from Casey

    This was a weekend of history with Anzac Day commemorations throughout the community including the sporting world including the VFL. For the Casey Demons, which originated from the Springvale Football Club founded in 1903, it was a double celebration as Saturday’s game was a celebration of the club’s 750th VFA/VFL match since admission to the competition in 1982. Springvale became the Casey Scorpions in 2005 when the club moved to Casey Fields and since 2017 has been known as the Casey Demo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE TWO ELEPHANTS NOT IN THE ROOM by WJ

    After another slow start when they conceded 2.3.15 to nothing in a handball-happy opening 15 minutes, the unflappable Demons delivered a warning sign of major proportions to the rest of the competition with their 34-point win over the reigning premiers in their Anzac Eve contest. And what made things even more ominous is that they did it without two elephants in the room - key forwards Ben Brown and Sam Weideman who have been amassing goals at VFL level while coming back from injuries that

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A TALE OF TWO HEROES by Whispering Jack

    On Saturday night at the ANZAC Day Eve game between Melbourne and Richmond, we will give recognition to the achievements of two great Demons who made significant contributions to the Melbourne Football Club over substantially different time spans. The first is the late Frank V “Checker” Hughes who was born on 26 February 1894 and began his career as a Richmond player in 1915. Shortly after, Hughes was called on to serve his country when he went to war during WW1. He returned from battle and

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    TURNING POINT by The Oracle

    It wasn’t that long ago when Melbourne held sway in its Anzac Eve matches against Richmond. The early versions of the blockbuster saw the Demons home by 32 points in 2015 and 33 in 2016. When the turning point came it was dramatic and sudden. The Demons might have been on an upward curve in 2017 under new coach Simon Goodwin but so were the Tigers who had finished a disappointing 13th in 2016. When the teams met in Round 5 under lights in front of a crowd of 85,657 — the highest ever betwee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STARTING OVER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons made a successful return to the playing field with a 51 point away from home victory over the Box Hill Hawks. The visitors were starting over after a hiatus of almost 20 months and fielded a strong team of 14 AFL listed players against an undermanned opponent. And they showed from the first bounce that they were out to make up for lost time with an aggressive opening that saw them off to 21 point lead at the first break with thanks to a dominant midfield and two key forward

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NUTCRACKER by George on the Outer

    Q: How to crack a tough nut? A: Use a bigger hammer! It took Melbourne until the last quarter to crack the Hawthorn nut. These days, the Hawks under Alastair Clarkson simply don’t have the talent that served them so well in years gone, and they have to rely on not losing rather than trying to win.   The result is that the match became a slog for three quarters, as Hawthorn clogged the game, flooded heavily and simply stopped the Melbourne run.  Even in the first quarter the signs

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    CANCEL CULTURE by Whispering Jack

    I’m not one who likes mixing politics with sport but it should be noted there have been some unusual trends in the world of sport lately. In the US, Major League Baseball announced that it’s moving the 2021 All-Star Game and the 2021 MLB Draft out of Georgia, in response to the state’s new voting law. Over here, there’s a move to force Carlton to change its club song because the original song on which it was based (written in the late 1800s) has “racist connotations”. The Blues maintain the curr

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews


×
×
  • Create New...