Clayton Oliver 100 Games Round 1 2021 vs FREO

picket fence

1 hour ago, forever demons said:

Frank Adams might not like that,he was a champ

True but he had a bit more silk around him from day 1.?

14 hours ago, bingers said:

I'm sure they've tried.

The Club needs to keep trying (to re-sign his contract with the Dees) but more importantly, the Club needs to provide Clarrie a reason to want to sign (and that just ain't necessary bucks). With the acquisition of Yze, Chocko and Lewis, the Club is in a better position to enhance projected outcomes for the players and fans; this is supported by some terrific new players to slot into the changeable jigsaw that is modern football.

All working like a diverse yet well-oilled machine, including an announcement of a 'home' development, Clarrie will see the stability and a bright future to continue to contribute as best as he can to the Club and the fans of the Mighty Demons. I am sure that he will share and possibly - even be responsible for a major contribution to - that much-awaited Premiership and all the satisfaction that it may bring. 

He is our best player and has already set standards that few could ever match or hope to aspire as obtainable. MFC, keep trying, please and do whatever it takes to help this young man to reach the accolades that he is due.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

The Club needs to keep trying (to re-sign his contract with the Dees) but more importantly, the Club needs to provide Clarrie a reason to want to sign (and that just ain't necessary bucks). With the acquisition of Yze, Chocko and Lewis, the Club is in a better position to enhance projected outcomes for the players and fans; this is supported by some terrific new players to slot into the changeable jigsaw that is modern football.

All working like a diverse yet well-oilled machine, including an announcement of a 'home' development, Clarrie will see the stability and a bright future to continue to contribute as best as he can to the Club and the fans of the Mighty Demons. I am sure that he will share and possibly - even be responsible for a major contribution to - that much-awaited Premiership and all the satisfaction that it may bring. 

He is our best player and has already set standards that few could ever match or hope to aspire as obtainable. MFC, keep trying, please and do whatever it takes to help this young man to reach the accolades that he is due.

Clarry will Gain  the Accolades if he impacts the game like in Friday.

No errors  great Disposal with about 2/3 by foot accelerating to deliver very accurate and penetrating Passes along with them usual handball breaking up play to our advantage and  best marking game also hitting the scoreboard.

Wasnt near his highest disposals games but he made such impact with his hands on the ball we benefitted each time.

That will result in greater recognition and respect as he looked comfortable and assured in his new style ( thank you Ooze you rock ).

The whole midfield looked smart even slick at  times and with Gawny having a BOG it was a great start to Adam Yzes career at the Dees.

Remember no Gus no Jack and debutant Jimmy Jordon and 7 gamer Sparrow both who slotted in without any hint of nerves or over use of the ball. Very promising for our depth and maybe some changing of the guard of sorts.

Exactly what I suggested Ooze would deliver viz a 25% improvement in our on ball group Mainly in process and use of personnel and style.

Cant wait for further Chapters  in this storyline.

Meanwhile let's celebrate Clarry's first hundred stellar matches and hopefully we can contemplate what might be achieved after his 200th and even 300th!!!

• Like 3

I can’t think of any player I’ve seen in Dees colours have a better first 100 games. He has lots of improvement to come but he absolutely hit the ground running from day one. 

• Like 4

On 2/27/2021 at 12:44 PM, Better days ahead said:

2 AA’s so obviously a very good player as is. Improve his kicking and add goals to his repertoire and he’ll be an all-time great. Looked in really good shape yesterday, primed and ready to go. A brownlow chance maybe??

I don’t know what to make of comments that he is uncoachable. Hopefully Ooze and Chocco can figure out what makes him tick. A genuine chance to leave, he does seem to have an independent air about him. Hopefully this team can finally gets its act together and deliver consistent finals appearances. If not I reckon he’s only 50/50 to re-sign.

Genuine question - I've never heard Oliver described as uncoachable. What's the background to that?

On 2/27/2021 at 3:25 PM, The heart beats true said:

All of those accolades, plus he’s fighting it out with Strawbs Odwyer as the best looking ginger to ever pull on the Red and Blue.

There’s nothing he can’t do.

Arrr "Fighting it out with Strawbs O Dwyer" ah no.

He is that far ahead of him it doesn't matter. Norm Smith could play a bit as well!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tony Tea said:

Best first 100 games since Judd.

Sorry TT I was only referring to those that I have watched in the Red & Blue. Judd was a Gunn.

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Arrr "Fighting it out with Strawbs O Dwyer" ah no.

He is that far ahead of him it doesn't matter. Norm Smith could play a bit as well!

Are you saying Steve O’Dwyer wasn’t good looking? 

How dare you.

5E703349-7354-40A1-A666-CEE3050C849A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jnrmac said:

If anyone has the time and/or inclination I would love to see a comparison of the first 100 games for Oliver, Judd, Martin, Danger etc...

Oliver - 27.56 possessions per game/  .29 goals per game

Judd - 20.7 possessions per game / 1.02 goal per game

Dangerfiled - 19.18 / 1.15

Martin - 22.91 / 1.08

Fyfe - 24.62 / 0.84

Cripps - 26.23 / 0.47

Bontempelli  - 22.04 / 0.96

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Martin - 22.91 / 1.08

Fyfe - 24.62 / 0.84

Cripps - 26.23 / 0.47

Judd clearly the best first 100 games out of that lot imo, but Clarry would be in the mix for second place.

39 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Are you saying Steve O’Dwyer wasn’t good looking? 

How dare you.

5E703349-7354-40A1-A666-CEE3050C849A.jpeg

Imagine if Tinder was around back in Strawb's heyday; we'd need 6G rollout!

Edited by TRIGON
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, jnrmac said:

If anyone has the time and/or inclination I would love to see a comparison of the first 100 games for Oliver, Judd, Martin, Danger etc...

All good players, but I wonder how he compares with Robbie Flower? Stats aren't helpful for players from different eras because the game styles are so different, so it has to be a subjective view, but I wonder whether Flower or Oliver had the more impressive first 100 games.

PS: The more I think about it, the more I don't care. I'm happy to accept that they've both been remarkable and worth watching.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deegirl said:

Genuine question - I've never heard Oliver described as uncoachable. What's the background to that?

Mentioned on this site by other posters and based on comments from a former assistant coach i think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Martin - 22.91 / 1.08

Fyfe - 24.62 / 0.84

Cripps - 26.23 / 0.47

Thx for that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Martin - 22.91 / 1.08

Fyfe - 24.62 / 0.84

Cripps - 26.23 / 0.47

Looking at the stats the clearest part he needs to do better in is kicking goals. He can do it, he most definitely can be better and that should scare other clubs!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Martin - 22.91 / 1.08

Fyfe - 24.62 / 0.84

Cripps - 26.23 / 0.47

Gotta kick more goals right?

Congrats Clarry we look forward to a bright future in red & blue

With your mate Trac big things are possible - stick together and bring home that premiership bacon  

• Like 2
  • Love 2