C : SERONG, FYFE, HILL

HF: MUNDY, LOBB, WALTERS

F: SCHULTZ, TABERNER, STURT

FOLL: DARCY, CERRA, BRAYSHAW

IC: CONCA, ACRES, AISH, YOUNG

EMERG: DUMAN

3 KEY MATCH UPS

VINEY V FYFE

Viney is a good tagger and should go to their number one player in Fyfe. Harmes is also a chance if he plays.

MAY V TABERNER

May will hopefully continue on his great season and shut out Taberner.

B.BROWN V HAMLING

What a way to silence the critics than kick a bag against Freo Go Big Benny!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

confident that brayshaw will be right to go in rd 1 @WERRIDEE ?

He's got a month to get fully fit so I think he can do it but he'll start off on the bench. If not we have a handy replacement in Harmes and Vanders becomes emergency.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, old dee said:

The majority of the population won't get the vaccine until at least the second half of the year. By the first game only hospital staff and emergency workers and perhaps some of the very ederely will have been vaccinated.

What about the prisoners and weight challenged .

Are they not supposed to be a priority?

On 12/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, Better days ahead said:

Challenging first up test for the Dees. Freo are well coached with some excellent young players. They'll be no push-over.

I reckon we will atone for the Cairns debacle.

Saturday afternoon at the G. Can’t wait.

Can't stone for Cairns We missed the 8 you never get that  back!!!

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2020 at 11:10 PM, Better days ahead said:

Challenging first up test for the Dees. Freo are well coached with some excellent young players. They'll be no push-over.

I reckon we will atone for the Cairns debacle.

Saturday afternoon at the G. Can’t wait.

And if we don't Blow Torch on Goody and the club right from the start!

surprised Pickett is touted to be in the ones. It looked to me we went to lengths to draft for that spot.

2 hours ago, Damo said:

surprised Pickett is touted to be in the ones. It looked to me we went to lengths to draft for that spot.

My view is that we were more looking to supplement Pickett, not replace him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damo said:

You'd imagine Pickett will improve on year 1. He showed some good signs this year, but didn't get involved enough and his inaccuracy was a poor result for a full time forward.

We need to add to our small forwards, not replace them. One of St Kilda's strengths is that they have talented small forwards that kick goals.

• Like 1

Season defining game ?

seriously though this should be a win at home.  They don’t have much scoring powers unless Walters is on song. 

The team looks so much better on paper with Brown up there 

If we’re to have a good season then we have to beat Freo at the G. Simple as that.

Freo are a young, developing, well coached team and will be dangerous. They will play well I’m sure.

But we’re more experienced and have the better players. If Yze can get our midfield functioning, winning the lion’s share of clearances and with some reasonable delivery I50 we have the fire power to win well.

I expect us to win. If we lose then the jungle drums will start beating loudly.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, rjay said:

Lynch and May were on big $'s to stay and in the end even that didn't convince them to stay.

Early years they were on the improve but stalled and they moved on.

Jackson only took a short option on his future.

It's pretty obvious that he's looking at how we shape up.

If we head backwards he'll be off quicker than you can say Perth...

Pardon my ignorance but how could you possibly know that? We have Oliver and Petracca out of contract next year? Maybe we only offered a two year contract, once some money free’s up we can offer a longer contract in two years time.

We win games and players stay and other good players from other teams want to come to us.

13 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

Pardon my ignorance but how could you possibly know that? We have Oliver and Petracca out of contract next year? Maybe we only offered a two year contract, once some money free’s up we can offer a longer contract in two years time.

We win games and players stay and other good players from other teams want to come to us.

Jackson only signed a 1 year extension...the usual is 2 years which is what Rivers & Kossy signed...

My point in regard to this is similar to yours, we win games & players stay.

Jackson taking a year put's him in the undecided category.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, rjay said:

Jackson only signed a 1 year extension...the usual is 2 years which is what Rivers & Kossy signed...

My point in regard to this is similar to yours, we win games & players stay.

Jackson taking a year put's him in the undecided category.

Not sure about that, if he's undecided he doesn't sign an extension at all. 

26 minutes ago, adonski said:

Not sure about that, if he's undecided he doesn't sign an extension at all. 

Don't want to go on with this too much.

...but it would seem one year is the middle position.

Jackson is thinking maybe, maybe not.

Of course I might be totally off track but it is unusual. 

For most first year players when they sign an extension it's for 2 years.

Edited by rjay
  • Sad 1

To be fair, it's hard to expect the players to sign up for serious years after the last year with Covid. Good on Kossie and Rivers for doing 2 years, but I'd be happy to cut any first year player some slack, particularly those from interstate, as they have eff all idea what a year with the Dees in Melbourne is all about.

• Like 1

Only Melbourne supporters would be making excuses or being panicky 3 months out from a game. Freo are a well coached  improving outfit but if we have the pre season we expect with the list that we have then we win this well. No excuses. And on Jackson if you were he or the club how many years would you extend for to maximise your value either way.  

• Like 4