GAMEDAY: Rd 16 vs Fremantle

Whispering_Jack

i dont suppose we have another 20 or so players back in quarantine (not including those dropped from last weeks farce) that we can bring in for next weeks game, cause this lot are shot. you would think freo was the side wanting to play finals not melbourne from the way we are playing. Freo have free men all over the ground which allows them to get all of those uncontested possessions, if we dont player more man on man we will lose this.

• Like 2

I thought baker and bedford were good inclusions and would add lots of run to our side. All they have added is turnovers, missed tackles and pea hearted efforts. We need to clean out our entires 2s list as they are all rubbish. Thanks for the rubbish drafting  Jason Taylor 

Viney seems to love these conditions. He is doing a power of work but unfortunately is only one of a few.  

Freo just waltz through the centre like it’s a training drill. Unbelievable. 

Hate to see how we would play if we didn’t have finals on the line. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

Can someone tell me why we are relegated to playing in Cairns while other teams play in the comfort of the Gabba? Is there something to prove?

Why did the AFL have to schedule games in Cairns anyway?? Bloody ridiculous and who does it benefit?? Amateur bloody organisation, at least they've got the goalpost cams up now, only took a week of ridicule following a contentious call.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Earl Hood said:

What did he say? 

Brown was saying Melbourne would love to have Jesse back, and Garry repeatedly said ‘on the field, on the field, on the field’. He also said it’s not a surprise that he doesn’t work and prepare to the AFL standard.

It was as close to saying he’s a nightmare off the field as you can get.

• Like 1

Bedford's shown nothing so far to suggest he's capable of AFL level football. But at least he's still a kid playing his second game.

vandenBerg's been around more than long enough to have worked on his weaknesses. But already tonight he's dropped it, turned it over, and given away a dumb free kick.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

Garry Lyon on Jesse Hogan was VERY insightful.

Wasn't it.  Even without that insight it's funny how supporters never really warmed to Jesse.  Something was always a bit NQR.

Bit like Goodwin.

7 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

I know it's wet but we really do okay slot of horrible down the line for territory footy. Neeld era like

Not just down the line.  They are looking to hit up targets on the chest as if its a dry game.  Crazy.

If you wanna win this i agree with Gazza.... man on man in the 3rd.  Shut down this ridiculous loose zone switching that we're allowing and beat them one on one.

They are able to switch easy or go through the middle most of the time as they're outnumbering us down back.

I would rather lose playing man on man where there is NO excuses.  The game is there to be won.   Beat your man and leave nothing on the park and you probably win the match.

Anything else, any other style in this weather (eg Fritta as an extra down back from the get go!!) is a rubbish method that will let players off the hook and give them too many outs and excuses. 

JUST DO IT GOODY!  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Also, I love this four of Lyon, Healy, Brown and Roo talking about the game.  They are really having a go, especially Garry.

Garry just maintaining his control....looks like he is absolutely seething with contempt at that first half...

I blame those white jumpers. They are so easy to pick out. Maybe Melbourne should have worn their white jumpers and Freo their purple ones. This has been my theory for a while after watching Melb-Freo games at the MCG. Freo always look like they have more players on the ground with those blasted white jumpers.

11 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

49 marks to 14

31 tackles to 19

103 incontested possessions to 44

All freos way

Please tell me that Goodwin can coach one more time? 

This is worse the Collingwood in 2017 when we had to make finals

We don't want it. We're dumb. We can't hit a target

Bye bye Goodwin

103 uncontested poss to 44?

?????

• Like 1