TEAMS: Rd 16 vs Fremantle

Demonland

59 minutes ago, Elegt said:

Brown was horrible against the swans

More horrible than Weideman? At least Brown kicked a goal and laid 2 tackles amongst his 8 possessions. I wouldn’t blame any of the key forwards given the rubbish I50 entries last week. I thought Brown looked good early the few times we put the ball to his advantage. Weid never got near it. I would be running with both this week and one of Fritsch or Melk would be out instead. They must be thinking of rotating Max and Pruess forward. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

More horrible than Weideman?

Hard to do anything when four defenders go to you the moment the ball comes off the boot. They knew exactly what we were going to do forward and stitched it up perfectly. He had a bad game but could do with some help.

Edited by Supermercado
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Brown stiff and Lockhart deserves to wait a week coz smith was really good on papley. I believe we'll go 4 talls down back, no use having lever as a third man up if he is forced to lockdown one of hogan, lobb and crab so i'd imagine tomlinson-may-smith all down back allowing baker and hunt to share a wing. Seriously conserned by our lack on mid rotations, does salem go through? melky? obviously vanders will but we seem to be short at least one pinch hitter could it be nibbler at times? also would love to know the stat on win% after 5+ changes, i might go and change my tip ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Jayden Hunt last chance to save his career.  Wonder what position he will play....

IMO he works best as a hit up forward. And he can do that well if we lower our eyes and there isn't a calamitous tangle of Dee's clogging forward 50. The days of him streaming out of the backline and thumping a long ball to an oppo key defender are over. Leave that to our mids

Edited by Moonshadow

46 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

TBH don't care anymore if posters who seem to have willy measuring contests here believe me or not.

Good to hear Lord Nev. 

I am happy for posters with contacts to post what they hear and if it’s right or wrong time will tell. 

At the end of the day it’s up to me whether I read or believe it or not. 

Keep posting LN  

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Turner said:

Brown stiff and Lockhart deserves to wait a week coz smith was really good on papley. I believe we'll go 4 talls down back, no use having lever as a third man up if he is forced to lockdown one of hogan, lobb and crab so i'd imagine tomlinson-may-smith all down back allowing baker and hunt to share a wing. Seriously conserned by our lack on mid rotations, does salem go through? melky? obviously vanders will but we seem to be short at least one pinch hitter could it be nibbler at times? also would love to know the stat on win% after 5+ changes, i might go and change my tip ?

I think you've got it covered, backs likely as you say and ANB and AvB sharing mid duties

Baker on the left wing, and Hunt supporting with some time forward

Just hoping Fritsch shows up this week

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

You're welcome to point out all the times I've "thrown [censored]" and it hasn't stuck. I always put my hand up when I get one wrong.

Here's a running list for you:

Jennings gone - Correct
McCartney gone - Correct
Dees chasing Yze - Correct
Looking at drafting Jackson - Correct
Weideman injury - Correct
Max Gawn lat injury - Correct
Jake Lever injury - Correct
Bennell leaving Freo - Correct
TMac injury - Correct
Dees not chasing Hill, rate the top end of draft higher - Correct
Dees looking to split 2019 picks - Correct

Bennell selection for Freo - Incorrect
Rooke gone - Incorrect (Rawlings leaving possibly changed it)
Pendlebury late out - Incorrect (Different source, no good)
Roos taking a role at Blues - Incorrect. (Though did come out and say he was open to it)

Mahoney likely gone end of year - We’ll see
Goodwin gone if doesn’t win 9 games - We’ll see
Harmes unhappy and likely to request trade - We’ll see
TMac ankle injury - We’ll see

Gotta be a pretty lucky "[censored] thrower" to get that many random guesses correct hey?

If you don't want to read what I post, just block me, that's what I'll be doing now to save myself wasting time with your personal trash.

Give yourself a pat on the back, nothing like self praise, should make you sleep well tonight.

Edited by drysdale demon
more information
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’m glad the coaches have finally realised we needed a large number of changes with the short breaks. Our game plan is so heavily dependent on pressure and intensity. 
Interesting that Lockhart was left out again. I would love to know if there is some undisclosed reason. 
I would have picked TMac this week instead of Preuss but that’s not going to be the deciding factor. 
Oliver will tag Fyfe if he plays in the midfield. Otherwise Smith will get him. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Supermercado said:

Hard to do anything when four defenders go to you the moment the ball comes off the boot. They knew exactly what we were going to do forward and stitched it up perfectly. He had a bad game but could do with some help.

Agree that is my point both Weid and Brown had no hope with our dumb, predictable entries but at least Brown looked likely at times. He did well the week before putting his body on the line and actually tackling in the forward half, that is a rarity. He looks like a natural forward to me, moves to the right spots, good hands just needs to get his set shot goal kicking right and he has about 20 mates with that problem. Poor selection decision for mine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drdrake said:

Could Lockhart and Bennell not getting games be a salary cap issue, rookies low base high match fee

Honestly - I have no idea.  

Bennell I can understand.  He has a low fitness base and he was clearly out of his depth a little when playing in the senior side.  He'll be better for the run, and another pre-season.

Lockhart is a little more perplexing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Could Lockhart and Bennell not getting games be a salary cap issue, rookies low base high match fee

God I hope we aren't so tight with finances that rookie payment costs are determining selection. That sounds like Fitzroy circa 1996

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

IMO he works best as a hit up forward. And he can do that well if we lower our eyes and there isn't a calamitous tangle of Dee's clogging forward 50. The days of him streaming out of the backline and thumping a long ball to an oppo key defender are over. Leave that to our mids

I’ve noticed that when he is forward (and in rare form) his leads are harder than anyone and his hands are actually quite good. Problem he has had is that he just becomes the invisible man for long periods of the game. 

But personally I agree that he is best as a forward. 

Ooohhhh looky they’ve added “pace”, wowee. Doesn’t mean anything if the fast guys can’t get the pill and then if they do they have poor skills.
3 changes for injuries, and how the hell they picked Jones last week really asks some questions of the medical and coaching staff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

You're welcome to point out all the times I've "thrown [censored]" and it hasn't stuck. I always put my hand up when I get one wrong.

Here's a running list for you:

Jennings gone - Correct
McCartney gone - Correct
Dees chasing Yze - Correct
Looking at drafting Jackson - Correct
Weideman injury - Correct
Max Gawn lat injury - Correct
Jake Lever injury - Correct
Bennell leaving Freo - Correct
TMac injury - Correct
Dees not chasing Hill, rate the top end of draft higher - Correct
Dees looking to split 2019 picks - Correct

Bennell selection for Freo - Incorrect
Rooke gone - Incorrect (Rawlings leaving possibly changed it)
Pendlebury late out - Incorrect (Different source, no good)
Roos taking a role at Blues - Incorrect. (Though did come out and say he was open to it)

Mahoney likely gone end of year - We’ll see
Goodwin gone if doesn’t win 9 games - We’ll see
Harmes unhappy and likely to request trade - We’ll see
TMac ankle injury - We’ll see

Gotta be a pretty lucky "[censored] thrower" to get that many random guesses correct hey?

If you don't want to read what I post, just block me, that's what I'll be doing now to save myself wasting time with your personal trash.

In fairness Lord a lot of those news that you had highlighted were well broken by media outlets on social media before it got on here.

The Luke Jackson one for example was broken first by Callum Twomey well before you confirmed it mate.

Jennings and McCartney story was also first broken by Tom Browne on talking footy before any of us knew about it including yourself.

I'll try not to derail this thread at all but regarding the changes. I am happy with all except Smith. I wished Jetta or Lockhart had come in for him. But hoping with a bit more speed we can really use our outside runners now more often.

Edited by Demonland
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

In fairness Lord a lot of those news that you had highlighted were well broken by media outlets on social media before it got on here.

The Luke Jackson one for example was broken first by Callum Twomey well before you confirmed it mate.

Jennings and McCartney story was also first broken by Tom Browne on talking footy before any of us knew about it including yourself.

They're all here on Demonland to check.

Jennings news was on here well before reported. I posted it in this thread on 3rd July, was reported in the media 12 August.

I started the Jackson thread by mentioning we had spoken to him, that hadn't been reported.

Please remove that other info mate, those people wouldn't want that put here. DM me if you like.

Edited by Lord Nev

50 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

One of the former players is till involved with the club a bit and passed on some things Burgess told him

1. So you're saying selection confidential info is being leaked

Same person passed on Friday morning that Brayshaw and Harmes were injured,

2. Hardly earth shattering but , in any event , if you throw enough [censored],  some will stick to the wall.

Saty is going to love dobing this one into Goody.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Pates said:

I’ve noticed that when he is forward (and in rare form) his leads are harder than anyone and his hands are actually quite good. Problem he has had is that he just becomes the invisible man for long periods of the game. 

But personally I agree that he is best as a forward. 

Agree completely. He needs to make the most of his foward 2 way running pressure. Adds another element, and he can do it. But an organised back 6 (+ mids) will nullify his leads. If he gets 2 or 3 hit up leads per game and kicks straight it is worth it. Plus pressure acts. His field kicking is poor, set shots ok. Sounds like tmac!

I honestly cannot understand why so many are nonplussed by Bennell’s non selection. Even Blind Freddy’s dog could see that he is well below par, running at half pace and playing pretty much bruise free football. He was given a handful of runs to test his calves and give him a taste, but I’d think the plan was always for him to get in a full preseason next year before letting him loose.

• Like 9