Nathan Jones in 2021?

deespicable me

2 minutes ago, Elegt said:

This thread is laughable and ridiculous. Jones is a liability and is tarnishing his legacy as a champion. He should retire and save us from the pain of watching him cough the ball up. Has been a great servant but he is robbing games

Still suffering from quad injury he had a coupe of weeks ago. Is Goodwin playing an out of form, obviously past it and injured Jones to get him his milestone at the expense of the team?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Still suffering from quad injury he had a coupe of weeks ago. Is Goodwin playing an out of form, obviously past it and injured Jones to get him his milestone at the expense of the team?

obvious answer is obvious

:)

• Like 1

Jones has been a great servant of the club but it's time to hang up the boots. He's been a burden all year really the mistakes he has made have been atrocious for a player with his experience. He should have hung up the boots last year. ENJOY RETIRE JONESY YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT OF THE CLUB!

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 2:33 PM, deespicable me said:

I notice Nathan Jones has got a bit of heat from posters over last nights game and I want to rally a bit of support for him to not only make the 300 club but to commit to a full season next year.

He has had a year of continuing change being asked to play differing positions and styles. When he got back in the side he not only looked a bit confused, but unloved and I think he sooked a bit.

But I thought Jones had a great game last night and we should shout out some love for him to finish his career on a high and in style. At the end of next year.

To elaborate on last nights game and why I think he is working hard to stay in the team and that he is worth keeping in, of course everyone saw his lazy kick, that ended in Steeles hands, for a goal to end the first half. He was shattered. You could see him thinking that could have been the end of his career. But if you fast forward to the 10.30 second mark of the third quarter, St Kilda had got to the lead and it looked like they would run over the top of us. In one of our few forays forward which eventually ended in a snap goal from Petracca, Jones was twice involved in the play and even though he desperately wanted to kick the goal himself he still had the smarts enough to get it to Tracc for the goal.

In the replay of the goal you can see Jones in the background half kicking the ball for Tracc and then pumping his fist when Tracc kicks it. He goes straight to the bench and you see him sitting there hoping he has gone a little way to erasing the mistake he made before half time. Then later in the game I saw him down the bottom of a pack for the first time in ages. It's as if he's been told thats Vineys space you are now an outside player. Geez it was good to see him burrowing in again. His specialty.

You don't have to look far to see older players being integral players in top teams. Boak is having a stellar year, Rockliff is contributing. Zirco is still a big part of Brisbanes plans and even Stevens has a role at Geelong. So please post some wishes for our elder statesman, Jonesy and may he kick the sh#t out of 300 games and beyond.

Jones is not integral to our team. We are not in 2014 anymore 

5 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Time to retire a champion with a degree of grace. 

He should know that his time is up. 

It’s sad and unfortunately true 

If he did know his time was up he would have retired after 2018. 

• Like 1

Should announce his retirement immediately. Great bloke, great club man and much loved. Thanks Nate, you gave it your all buddy.

• Like 2

The sad thing is apart from the silly kick across goal I actually thought he was decent against the Saints.

And had been pretty decent for most of the year especially when playing a mix of wing/forward.

And he put the team first by pulling out of the game against the Dogs.

The club has really failed him by not playing this week on a short break and getting him right for the Freo game.

Now he's likely injured and probably done. Or might hobble out for a farewell game infront of no one in round 18. Nathan you have failed us but we have also failed you. That's what this club does.

• Like 2

Love the guy but I think that is it. He has lost pace but last year I liked that he was always made position to be an option for someone under pressure, he was always outside option, albeit without pace but he could move the ball by foot. It seems this year his decision making is right off the mark, he is struggling fitness wise and he has lost any pace he had and we try to play on the wing? Time to move on I hate to say. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Watts the matter said:

I'm very interested by the fact he wouldn't kick on his right foot tonight and his right leg was heavily bandaged. Clearly should not have been playing and very disappointing from everyone involved in allowing him to do so.

2 hours ago, america de cali said:

39% game time