TEAMS: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

8 hours ago, Turner said:

We definitely needed Rivers speed, the Harmes move to midfield for Sparrow and Rivers back made sense.

It would made sense if Harmes had stayed in the team. With Sparrow being injured, Harmes move to starting on the bench and rotating through the midfield made sense. 

Harmes should be in and tagging Hill, Billings or Steele.  We have no tagging as should be Macrae and Bont having a party last week. Harmes needed the assignment. 
Hope he is back to tag Fyfe and Parker in the next games. 

33 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Is this legit?

How does this information exactly get leaked from within the inner sanctum 8 hours after team selection?

Something doesn't add up...

Fair point dazzle !

Perhaps @Lord Nev could provide some indication of his sauce?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Fair point dazzle !

Perhaps @Lord Nev could provide some indication of his sauce?

Harmes finds out on a Friday morning that he's being dropped, sends out a bunch of texts to mates back in Melbourne that he's not happy with Goodwins direction, that circulates everywhere which then gets in the hands of LN.

How this leaks in such a short space of time especially around the sensitivity with Goodwin is not giving good direction is bizarre. 

What gets me @Bitter but optimistic is how this is leaking from a hub. I get it if we're still in melbourne but its not the case. This kind of stuff should not be leaking onto a domain public. 

Either Harmes isn't bright up stairs or someone within the club is being a snitch..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Harmes finds out on a Friday morning that he's being dropped, sends out a bunch of texts to mates back in Melbourne that he's not happy with Goodwins direction, that circulates everywhere which then gets in the hands of LN.

How this leaks in such a short space of time especially around the sensitivity with Goodwin is not giving good direction is bizarre. 

What gets me @Bitter but optimistic is how this is leaking from a hub.

Either Harmes isn't bright up stairs or something not adding up once again.

I'm not trying to be any sort of conspiracy theorist but when you combine this with the Fritsch blunder you have to wonder if all is smiley faces in the camp.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Somebody is getting increasingly carried away and posting rubbish rumours. There’s no way that following being dropped, Harmes wasn’t spoken to ‘properly’ about it by the head coach. It’s nonsense. 

He has been doing it for a while and then back peddles when challenged.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Somebody is getting increasingly carried away and posting rubbish rumours. There’s no way that following being dropped Harmes wasn’t spoken to ‘properly’ about it by the head coach. It’s nonsense. 

Don't be so cynical Ethan. There's lots of good "facts" that get posted on Facebook and the likes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Turner said:

Lads, reading this thread has been the best start to my weekend. its so amusing scrolling through the waffle some of you lot spit out.

IMO the team we selected is very satisfactory.

Gawn for Preuss yes obviously. TMac out for Brown, yes. The modern day key forward has to be agile athletic, he's not that and his form has not warranted selection, easy wins carried him through selection for the last month. Brown can offer alot more than an Optus Weagles game is ever going to suggest and definitely can pinch in the ruck, so it's ok, Weid will be in the goalsquare. 

Fritsch knows his error, redeemed himself booting "4 or 5 or 6" in the scratch match, we'll be seeing him next week (for hannan imo). But definitely cant fit him, melky and hannan in one side. 

We definitely needed Rivers speed, the Harmes move to midfield for Sparrow and Rivers back made sense. Jones is welcomed back and when Harmes returns next week i think AVB makes way. OMac will be straight back out for Sydney and Freo where the matchups arent favourable and we can look forward to Hore/Petty in his role next season. 

JWags is just filling a hole and wont be around for much longer let him play who cares, Lockhart clearly needed a rest in the coaches opinion and there wasnt an obvious replacement except Jets who i personally woulda loved to have seen with the occasion and all. 

Lets all just relax, enjoy the boys cracking in without too much expectation (cmon lets be realistic) and hopefully goody shows some emotion for a change

9 hours ago, Turner said:

Lads, reading this thread has been the best start to my weekend. its so amusing scrolling through the waffle some of you lot spit out.

IMO the team we selected is very satisfactory.

Gawn for Preuss yes obviously. TMac out for Brown, yes. The modern day key forward has to be agile athletic, he's not that and his form has not warranted selection, easy wins carried him through selection for the last month. Brown can offer alot more than an Optus Weagles game is ever going to suggest and definitely can pinch in the ruck, so it's ok, Weid will be in the goalsquare. 

Fritsch knows his error, redeemed himself booting "4 or 5 or 6" in the scratch match, we'll be seeing him next week (for hannan imo). But definitely cant fit him, melky and hannan in one side. 

We definitely needed Rivers speed, the Harmes move to midfield for Sparrow and Rivers back made sense. Jones is welcomed back and when Harmes returns next week i think AVB makes way. OMac will be straight back out for Sydney and Freo where the matchups arent favourable and we can look forward to Hore/Petty in his role next season. 

JWags is just filling a hole and wont be around for much longer let him play who cares, Lockhart clearly needed a rest in the coaches opinion and there wasnt an obvious replacement except Jets who i personally woulda loved to have seen with the occasion and all. 

Lets all just relax, enjoy the boys cracking in without too much expectation (cmon lets be realistic) and hopefully goody shows some emotion for a change

HeyLana are you on chill pills 

of course it matters that Wagner has been selected against all odds Hard to relax when you watch this lot go around

I think it is  reasonable  to think that this weekends team has been selected considering the team will play 3 games in 10 days. Are they planning on resting a key mid in each game? . Does this mean Harmes will play in the middle next 2 games? 

Edited by JimmyNurru

29 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Somebody is getting increasingly carried away and posting rubbish rumours. There’s no way that following being dropped Harmes wasn’t spoken to ‘properly’ about it by the head coach. It’s nonsense. 

Well this is the other issue as well. I simply don't believe that after being dropped for the first time under Goodwins reign that he simply got no direction or feedback. I too think that's nonsense. This kind of [censored] happened back in the Neeld days.

Harmes would have been given some feedback on what he needs to work. One of Goodwins strengths is also putting an arm around a shoulder and helping them guide their way out of form slumps. We've seen many of times him doing this with Weideman, Brayshaw, Petracca in the past. Harmes will get out of this and i am sure Goodwin is right beside him helping him along the way.

• Like 3

Harmes at half back was never going to work as he does not read the play naturally , does not appear to position in a zone well and is a poor kick. As per his tagging days he needs to be led to the ball and can be focussed in that role and use his strength and burst to also get possessions. I would have made him a defensive half forward with a small % mid rotation. There is no room in our midfield strategy for a tagger on a consistent basis. For those quoting his midfield exploits of 2018/2019 do you want him in there you are not considering that Trac played basically no time in there. I know who I’d prefer.

My immediate reaction was I did not like the changes made. I cant say I like them but I have softened a touch. Leaving Gawn with no Preuss or even TMac against the best ruck duo in the league and not introducing any more run and carry area still concerns. However I wonder how much Fritsch not being available shifted initial thinking. Looking at the team their forward line is taller than I anticipated so the Omac move makes sense. Brown as a lead up goal kicker make sense with Frittata out and probably stole the opportunity to play Preuss as second tall if considered. I do see both Hannan and AVB as fortunate and would have liked Baker on a wing and Bedford for more pressure. I too would have retained Lockhart for Butler. 

I also wonder how much thinking had gone into this game and likelihood to win vs the further 2 in 9 days we need to play.

As usual if we win Goodwins changes wont be the reason called and we lose there will be a lot of told you so and he’ll be classed a failure. 

In my view it will still come down to defensive effort and execution. 

Lets see the post match tomorrow. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well this is the other issue as well. I simply don't believe that after being dropped for the first time under Goodwins reign that he simply got no direction or feedback. I too think that's nonsense. This kind of [censored] happened back in the Neeld days.

Harmes would have been given some feedback on what he needs to work. One of Goodwins strengths is also putting an arm around a shoulder and helping them guide their way out of form slumps. We've seen many of times him doing this with Weideman, Brayshaw, Petracca in the past. Harmes will get out of this and i am sure Goodwin is right beside him helping him along the way.

and yet Demonlanders will continue to take what posters say on here as gospel.

Sometimes they need to just step back and access the facts. It's not that difficult to work out.

This Harmes story is pure nonsense, I've no doubt Harmes is annoyed at being dropped and not happy with his performance but he will be fully aware of why and what they want him to work on 

• Like 6

Just now, Pennant St Dee said:

and yet Demonlanders will continue to take what posters say on here as gospel.

Sometimes they need to just step back and access the facts. It's not that difficult to work out.

This Harmes story is pure nonsense, I've no doubt Harmes is annoyed at being dropped and not happy with his performance but he will be fully aware of why and what they want him to work on 

Agree PSD.

Look personally i don't agree with some of the selections, but i ain't the coach at the end of the day. Goodwin and his line coaches would have sat down with him and explained why he was dropped and what he needed to do. This is a given now.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

As a team we are missing a centre half forward, a wingman, 2 speedy half backs and a tactician in the coaches box.

And a tried and tested crumber up forward

I don’t mind the team. For all those saying you need pace - Geelong aren’t quick and they beat the Saints by 10 goals. Good ball movement and defensive running makes you looks fast (and vice versa). I suspect Richo has had a fair bit to do with the game planning and structure here.

I also wonder whether we’re advantaged by the Saints never having played Traeger before. A little home ground advantage for a change. I’m looking forward to the contest.

• Like 2

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Agree PSD.

Look personally i don't agree with some of the selections, but i ain't the coach at the end of the day. Goodwin and his line coaches would have sat down with him and explained why he was dropped and what he needed to do. This is a given now.

Agree DD, was shocked to see some of the changes, but  a lot of them are obvious. Having said that Wagner and Omac has me curious as to what is the plan going in and how we will set up.