Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 07 vs Hawthorn

Nasher

No change The team is playing good enough to not make any changes but if McDonald's injury is worse than first thought I would play Jackson.

Credit when credit is due I thought Oscar was good tonight I'll eat my words and say he is a better option than Smith.

• Like 1

Langdon stood flat footed and let Rankine shark the tap

Hibberd was on him when he did the soccer goal

Rankine side stepped Harmes for his first goal

Nev made one error on Rankine

Please watch the game before writing off Nev

The only disappointment for me tonight was Garry Lyon commentating like he wanted the Dees to lose

• Like 11

wouldn't surprise if they elect not to make any changes

at this stage the three under the gun are lockhart, brayshaw, and melksham

they clearly want lockhart in that lockdown defensive role so i can't see him going out, brayshaw is still a better onball rotation option than others at this stage you'd think, and melksham is pretty important to our structures and - if you believe the scuttlebutt on here - bff to the coach

only change would be if t mac was out crocked, which would be a real shame as i thought he was impressive leading up at the ball and marking it before the eye poke

jackson comes in for him, i guess? or do they give brown another crack at it?

• Like 1

I’d be looking at Brayshaw before Melksham. He’s slow. He’s extremely fumbly. He’s just not playing good footy and the credits in the bank are starting to run dry.

There’s no way Jones wouldn’t offer more than Gus is right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

The only disappointment for me tonight was Garry Lyon commentating like he wanted the Dees to lose

Garry and Jono Brown are complete tossers. It was painful to have to put up with them. Make a big deal about every Melbourne mistake and have a circle jerk with Huddo over Rankine, while completely making a non-issue of the fact he got two of the biggest bullsh&t free kicks of the night. 

Gary is the opposite of Eddie McGuire and his Collingwood bias. he actively bags Melbourne at every opportunity and barracks for the opposition to hide his bias. He shouldn’t call Melbourne games. How was Browny at the end, wanting to focus on the fact tht Rankine will pull them through the gates and completely disrespecting our win. Both can bugger off.

Edited by Leoncelli_36
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Absolute bollocks Saty. Nev was horrible. He had one kick for the game and five possessions. Two of which were contested. His opponent had six shots at goal for three goals (game high) and another couple of goal assists. Sure a couple of Rankine's goals were freakish but the one he read off Gawn's tap Nev was slow to react and chase.

Saty we know you have an unhealthy obsession with Nev. Maybe he smiled to you at trainin?. But he's done. To let a first gamer have eight score involvements as a lockdown defender and only have one kick for a game yourself means you are in massive trouble come selection time.

Edited by dee-tox

2 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Absolute bollocks Saty. Nev was horrible. He had one kick for the game and five possessions. Two of which were contested. His opponent had six shots at goal for three goals (game high) and another couple of goal assists. Sure a couple of Rankine's goals were freakish but the one he read off Gawn's tap Nev was slow to react and chase.

Saty we know you have an unhealthy obsession with Nev. Maybe he smiled to you at trainin?. But he's done. To let a first gamer have eight score involvements as a lockdown defender and only have one kick for a game yourself means you are in massive trouble come selection time.

Plus the fact that Goodwin actually had to take Nev off him and move Hibbered onto Rankine in the last 10 minutes of the game speaks for itself.

Jetta was just completely unsighted and he'll be very close again to being dropped. Offered nothing offensively as well which again is a worry.

In all 3 games this year, Nev has been super disappointing. 

I’m nowhere near ready to say Jetta is done yet. Even senior players can have slow starts to a season and even entire poor seasons. Look at Hibberd for example, who had an awful year last year and has been on the outer parts of this season. Suddenly since returning to the side he has gotten going and looking similar to how he did when he first arrived. He’s been excellent three games in a row.

Jetta does definitely need to raise the bar this year though or the opportunity to show he can still play will dry up.

• Like 13

Good chance our Sunday game will then run into a Thursday or Fri game as they look to squeeze more matches into this next block. Most likely any change would be load management related. E.g someone like an AVB out (even though I thought he did some important things late) for a fitter Tomlinson, with AVB back the following week for someone else who would struggle to get up for another short turnaround (maybe a Brayshaw). 

• Like 2

This week the fixture for the next block of games is released and it is expected games will be on 4/5 day breaks. 

So there may be quite a bit of player management and it could start next week. 

For mine, no changes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

No change.  But Melksham and Brayshaw on notice. 

Tmcd probably has a corneal ebrasion (scratch of the cornea). Painful and weeps a lot with sensitivity to light. Need 2-3 days to repair. No contact. But ok to play next Sunday. Would be ok by Friday. 

I’d still keep Lockhart who did lock down on Ainsworth. He didn’t get it but neither did Ainsworth. Hibberd beat Sexton and rebounded. Jetta had his hands full with Rankine but understandably given Rankine is a talent. Nev is needed right now but starting to show signs of wear and tear this year. 

Dangers are clearly Gunston up forward, Burgoyne as the qtr back, Mitchell and Worpel for contested footy, Isaac Smith for his run and Sicily as the tall rebound defender down back. Smith especially always seems to be at his best against us. Need to find a way to use Langdon on one wing and shutdown Smith on the other.  

8 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

No Brown

If Tom doesn’t get up, Smith should play

If Brown coming in to support Weideman as the otherwise sole tall forward isn’t the reason he exists on our list, then I’ll be buggered if I know what he was recruited for.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Brayshaw is currently offering nothing and should be dropped. I’m confused about where he is heading. Jones in for him.

Melksham needs to be dropped. He still looks disinterested to me. 

Bemused watching him practice a golf swing during the warm up. No effect on his game but odd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

If Brown coming in to support Weideman as the otherwise sole tall forward isn’t the reason he exists on our list, then I’ll be buggered if I know what he was recruited for.

Yes, surely the idea is to have an AFL ready tall as a dependable back up for just this occasion and if he hits a purple patch that is a bonus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Good point

Because he was there? Sometimes, this happens...why is KK on our list?

Just now, Half forward flank said:

Bemused watching him practice a golf swing during the warm up. No effect on his game but odd.

Most of the time he looks like he is just going through the motions...he is such a confusing player to me now. I think a Jordon or Sparrow would offer a lot more than him at the moment. Angus has had no real impact in any of our games this year.

I missed the golf swing but that is a bad look imo

4 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Good point

Because he was there? Sometimes, this happens...why is KK on our list?

Because KK showed promise as a wingman with a bit of dash, with a few unknowns around his physical health. Clearly not going to be there beyond this year. Bit of a different case - Brown was a mature aged KPF recruited *this year*. As I said if it’s not for this case, I can’t see what other case it could be.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Because KK showed promise as a wingman with a bit of dash, with a few unknowns around his physical health. Clearly not going to be there beyond this year. Bit of a different case - Brown was a mature aged KPF recruited *this year*. As I said if it’s not for this case, I can’t see what other case it could be.

There is always a reason why a player is delisted

If Brown gets a game, we are going backwards

Thus, I don’t agree with the recruiting 

Smith is a more exciting, developmental option 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, The Jackson 6 said:

Think Clarko will have a pretty quick answer to our short kick inside 50 set piece? Me too. Perhaps we just surprise them and start bombing it in again.

I think any opposition coach would have a plan for our kick-ins. They're not terribly inventive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

There is always a reason why a player is delisted

If Brown gets a game, we are going backwards

Thus, I don’t agree with the recruiting 

Smith is a more exciting, developmental option 

So you want to develop Smith or win games of footy, if we're canning the season already I'd rather develop Jackson 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2