3 weeks away

WERRIDEE

3 weeks away to the season starts what will the round 2 team be?

I'll have a stab.

B: JETTA, MAY, LEVER

HB: SALEM, O.MCDONALD, HIBBERD

C : LANGDON, PETRACCA, TOMLINSON

HF: PICKETT, T.MCDONALD, JONES

F: MELKSHAM, WEIDEMAN, FRITSCH

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, VINEY

IC: HARMES, BRAYSHAW, LOCKHART, BENNELL

EMERG: PETTY, BEDFORD, HANNAN, NEAL-BULLEN

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

i'm expecting a few changes from our rd 1 line-up...

IN: jones, salem, weideman
OUT: spargo, brown, lockhart

can't see bennell being gtg

Lockhart was one of our few good players in round 1 and was excellent in the preseason - would be surprised if he is not sellected.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Instead of Bennell I would put Petty in as he can play at CHB or FF. In this team that is OMAC and the weed. Neither of those 2 are reliable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dl4e said:

Bennell will not play in rd 2.  Apart from that not a bad side. The weed and tmac have to pull their fingers out.

Agree dl4e.

Looking at that side, our forward line (KPF's) is massively our achilles heel. 

Needs fixing and pronto.

I'd be tempted to play Petty at CHF and TMac at FF.

Don't reckon we can afford to have Weid, TMac and for that matter Omac all on the park.
A dozen disposals between the three (given TMac's form slump) could be on the cards.

The small Marvel ground (fair chance that's where we'll be) may even suit Tom.

4 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Lockhart was one of our few good players in round 1 and was excellent in the preseason - would be surprised if he is not sellected.

Here here !!! Lockhart a walk up start 

gives drive and run from back and is very necessary.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

OUTS:

Spargo, Brown and Bedford have to be dropped from round 1.

Spargo had 8 kicks, and all 8 of them went to the opposition off memory.

Brown did bugger all, so may as well play Weid who does next to bugger all most weeks but is 8 years younger.

Bedford had 2 kicks in an entire game of footy (though played a part in one of Kozi's goal)

Jetta has the runs on the board, but looked off the pace and might be in trouble if his form doesn't pick up.

ANB probably survives as he's known to kick a goal out of nowhere, but is otherwise a poorly skilled footballer.

INS

Jones and Salem for sure.

Hore, Jackson. Hannan, Petty and no doubt the Wagners will probably be around the mark.

If Bennell doesn't play I would play Petty. He could be damaging as the 3rd tall. Jones and Salem in for sure. Spargo and Neal-Bullen have had plenty of chances must be dropped. Weideman should come in for Brown. Bedford the unlucky one to be out, he showed good defensive pressure but either Bennell if fit should play he averages 21 disposals and a goal a game they don't grow on trees, or Petty should take his spot with Hannan as the smokey.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting to know if Hannan will have enough body of work behind him to get straight into the team. For me he is a definite in if ready to go.

Jones and Salem walk in for sure, Spargo, Bedford, and Brown out. I'd want to see Weids in the there, he should be pushing his case big time by now but who comes out? 

Hibberd (and I hate saying this because I'm a fan) should be on notice. His kicking was an absolute liability against WC.

On the subject of Hibberd, obviously it's a private matter but I wonder how he is coping after the tragic loss of his brother. Awful thing to happen at any time, but made even worse during COVID.

12 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

Brown was favoured over Weid in round 1.  Hopefully Weid has Taken the time to do what needs to be done to make it in.  If Brown is the answer, I’m not sure I like the question...

Hannan for Bennell. 

I thought Weid was unavailable due to an injury

• Like 1

Bennell will play. He won't start on the bench either. 

What amazes me is Weid gets support from most on this site and has had one lucky game. All the marks fell into his hands when all the others around him fell over. He was like Bradbury on ice Scates.

Bennell has dominated the league when he played injury free.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Spargo, Brown and Bedford have to be dropped from round 1.

Spargo had 8 kicks, and all 8 of them went to the opposition off memory.

Granted, the selection committee won't have much else to go off, but I really can't really see why round 1 form should have much bearing on our starting 22 for our next match.

13 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

What amazes me is Weid gets support from most on this site and has had one lucky game.

You can fluke a lucky mark or goal here or there. But it's laughable to think that anyone could pull off a BOG performance in a final through dumb luck - the Weid has considerable talent. Most supporters hold hope for him because they accept that a 22 YO, skinny key forward who's played 30 games and had injury issues might be a tad inconsistent. His 2019 was disappointing, sure, but he's got time to turn it around.

• Like 3

Media trying to hype up a Bennell early return but we would be mad to play him without a prolonged base of full training under his belt. He hasn’t played for years. If he trains fully and plays out practice matches over a couple of months then try him

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Media trying to hype up a Bennell early return but we would be mad to play him without a prolonged base of full training under his belt. He hasn’t played for years. If he trains fully and plays out practice matches over a couple of months then try him

At the moment there is no VFL and no practice matches

11 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

At the moment there is no VFL and no practice matches

I know. I just wouldn’t risk his calves, especially after doing one a couple months ago. Hopefully some intra club matches can be played soon

Does full contact training commence on Monday? Hopefully we get a few match sims next week provided they’re allowed more than 7 in a group. A chance to see the progress of Bennell, Petty and a few others that were rehabbing prior to all of this. 

Guessing Vanders is still a while away.

Edited by Dee Zephyr

9 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Does full contact training commence on Monday? Hopefully we get a few match sims next week provided they’re allowed more than 7 in a group. A chance to see the progress of Bennell, Petty and a few others that were rehabbing prior to all of this. 

Guessing Vanders is still a while away.

correct full contact from Monday.

The approach will be interesting. MFC need to win its first few matches to get momentum and more importantly get good air time in the next block of four games to be announced. Lose and it Sunday afternoon all year.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:16 AM, Ethan Tremblay said:

If Bennell is fit, he plays. I’m pretty sure they took out his calf muscles so it’s not like he can do them anyway. 

I’m pretty sure they’re looking at him as unlikely for the restart, if they’d gone with extended benches then I would’ve had him in to do 5min bursts here and there. 

Really hope it works out for him (and us!).