Just now, SaberFang said:

Essendon would've had a better percentage in the end methinks, but you're right, this is just about theoreticals now. I'm confident Port @ AO was our EF to lose (which we did, spectacularly).

This is also correct, I'm still just fuming. I don't think I've ever felt more hurt over a bloody game of football in my life. It proved the culmination of our whole season. It's just maddening thinking of all the leaked goals, all the tight losses, all the 1 percenters that may have been the difference between 9th and playing in a semi/prelim.

I thought we might have made the finals Saber but I also believe that we're not that good either.  I see holes in the list but there again, I'm a harsh judge on lists.

I'd like to see us have a list that is capable of winning 18 or 19 games in the season proper - we do that and my expectations are through the roof.

• Like 1

We need someone like a Petracca to become a match winner of the Dusty ilk for us to go the next step and succeed in finals

• Like 3

Just now, DeeZee said:

We need someone like a Petracca to become a match winner of the Dusty ilk for us to go the next step and succeed in finals

Was thinking the same thing during yhe game. 

Tracc has the x factor, if he is prepared to fight for it

• Like 3

Just now, Macca said:

I thought we might have made the finals Saber but I also believe that we're not that good either.  I see holes in the list but there again, I'm a harsh judge on lists.

I'd like to see us have a list that is capable of winning 18 or 19 games in the season proper - we do that and my expectations are through the roof.

I think I'm just beyond disheartened. And that match, weirdly, made it worse. Geelong in finals is no surprise with their perennially-biased home ground umpiring, but if you'd told me a year ago that Richmond would leapfrog us into finals and be one game away from a Grand Final, I'd have laughed in your face.

I guess it's just jealousy. Richmond have gone from heartbreaking embarrassment who've taunted and teased supporters for decades to being one match away from a Grand Final. Maybe it gives hope that we could finally shed this petulant skin of soft underbelly old-Melbourne and finally take that next step.

I don't know how many more years of crushing disappoint I can take.

• Like 1

I reckon the Tigers played better than the Crows did last night but Adelaide didn't really have an opponent and they cruised through the 2nd half. 

If anything, Adelaide needed a tougher game in terms of real preparation.  I'm reckoning their next opponent will be Sydney and that won't be easy. 

Right now, it's hard to see the Tigers losing to either GWS,  Port or the Eagles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

I think I'm just beyond disheartened. And that match, weirdly, made it worse. Geelong in finals is no surprise with their perennially-biased home ground umpiring, but if you'd told me a year ago that Richmond would leapfrog us into finals and be one game away from a Grand Final, I'd have laughed in your face.

I guess it's just jealousy. Richmond have gone from heartbreaking embarrassment who've taunted and teased supporters for decades to being one match away from a Grand Final. Maybe it gives hope that we could finally shed this petulant skin of soft underbelly old-Melbourne and finally take that next step.

Saber. Next year will tell us if Goodwin has the balls to get better. 

We are about 2 players off where Richmond are

Tackling has to be number 1 job for summer. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Was great to see the pus.sies look like absolute garbage in the last quarter. 

Such a shame there were no cut aways to Chris Scott eating his own shoe live

Dangerfield at Geelong is the equivalent of putting wallpaper over cracked walls. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a great footy match when everyone, 44 odd players, goes around all game and just sticks their stiff arm out and avoids the tackles. Will become a really great spectacle, won't it.......thanks dustin

Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

Dangerfield at Geelong is the equivalent of putting wallpaper of cracked walls. 

So well said Ethan

perfect....

Wallpaper over cracked walls

After reading that i hope Adelaide win the flag!!

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Saber. Next year will tell us if Goodwin has the balls to get better. 

We are about 2 players off where Richmond are

Tackling has to be number 1 job for summer. 

More like players learning to use the ball better under pressure should be number 1.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Hang in there mate ... I started barracking for the club in the mid 60's and like a number of others, had to wait 23 long years before experiencing finals of any description.  There are quite a few here who have the same exact story to tell. 

We are nothing but a resilient bunch.  I totally get the angst & disappointment but if we really take a close look at our list, we're a ways off. 

It's always about building a great list combined with top-level coaching and excellent admin.  All the great teams have those strengths.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 5

Adelaide have become the best team in the comp since Dangerfield left.

Geelong are still treading water despite getting him for relatively nothing and having the biggest home ground advantage in the comp.

Final analysis - Dangerfield is a LOSER.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Adelaide have become the best team in the comp since Dangerfield left.

Geelong are still treading water despite getting him for relatively nothing and having the biggest home ground advantage in the comp.

Final analysis - Dangerfield is a LOSER.

Richmond don't appear to be missing Delidio either. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deefella said:

More like players learning to use the ball better under pressure should be number 1.

I think our tackling is VFL standard compared to what i have seen in the last 24 hours, but i do agree that using the ball has to also improve drastically. 

Both sides tonight tackled incredibly, that is September. 

During the H&A people forget how much more intense Finals are

• Like 3

I was there tonight.

I've never barracked for RIchmond before but it was hard not to tonight. It's impossible to like Geelong anyway so watching them lose was a highlight in itself.

But seeing all the Richmond supporters' elation at those fourth quarter goals. It hurt. I want that to be us so badly. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Funny how dropping some dead weight can help a team.

I'd love to see Dildoledio's face if Richmond knock off GWS in the prelim. That would be incredible, delicious even. 

I think GWS will bounce back, they've got too much talent but have selected the wrong team.

The team we played had a much more mobile forward line and it suited their running game better.

Forget last night, they are still a big chance to at least make the GF if they get their selections right.

Lets hope they don't...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rjay said:

I think GWS will bounce back, they've got too much talent but have selected the wrong team.

The team we played had a much more mobile forward line and it suited their running game better.

Forget last night, they are still a big chance to at least make the GF if they get their selections right.

Lets hope they don't...

Would much rather see Richmond in a Grand Final than $cully.

• Like 2