Queens Birthday 2018

brendan

1 minute ago, ManDee said:

So we play Colonwood as our home game every second year, OK, then we choose to play Essendon or Carlton every other QB. Colonwood can have QB eve against Gold Coast in Darwin. Fixed, thanks Eddie.

maybe we play the previous Premier...( or runner -up !!  :rolleyes: )

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

maybe we play the previous Premier...( or runner -up !!  :rolleyes: )

As you correctly note it may have to be the runner up.

The Filth aren't being totally fairs-fairs about this :unsure:   As some suggest. Put all the revenues on the table Eddie !! 

Never been anything dodgy about this crew...ever !!  :rolleyes:

My fervent hope is Jackson is only too aware of  this lot. I'm sure he is.

Eddie is looking for some victories as his beloved club is currently shlte

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

The Filth aren't being totally fairs-fairs about this :unsure:   As some suggest. Put all the revenues on the table Eddie !! 

Never been anything dodgy about this crew...ever !!  :rolleyes:

My fervent hope is Jackson is only too aware of  this lot. I'm sure he is.

Eddie is looking for some victories as his beloved club is currently shlte

And to save his own neck dc. Divert attention is his big go.

He has managed to arrange for winning GF team to be unwound starting with the coach to the point now where they are now a rabble. No other club in the competition would take that from their President. 

Well I guess we are talking Collingwood so anything is possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

I hope they change it to alternating home games. I hate receiving charity from them. 

As long as they relinquish The Ponsford Stand revenue i will agree with you, They make good $$$ on QB as it stands, they just keep it quiet...

• Like 2

They throw us a crumb as some sort of magnanimous gesture, to show they want to even things up, but as soon as we start to get on our feet, they show just how hollow their gesture is. 

They don't want it too even. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ricky P said:

I hope they change it to alternating home games. I hate receiving charity from them. 

huh? they are the ones receiving charity, getting a game on our ground instead of a trip interstate.

they should shutup and feel privileged

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Did you see theirs? They aren't a giant at all based on the weekends attendance. 

They're a proper sleeping giant.

3 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

If you build it they will come were building it?

Will take at least 10 years of sustained success to capitalise in another 15 when the kids are old enough to buy their own memberships.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

They're a proper sleeping giant.

Surely going by your logic that the crowd on the weekend is an indication of how big our club is then the same logic would suggest that they are an even smaller club.

I don't for a second suggest we are the size of Collingwood, but we are bigger then people think. I was simply pointing out the error in linking the crowd at one game with the size of the club. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

Pfft .... Did you see the crowd on the weekend?
We ain't no sleeping giant.

Colllingwood got 22k to their game, What are you saying?

10 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I think the whole discussion is somewhat academic. I'm convinced the Queen's Birthday public holiday will expire when Her Majesty does.

So I support the earlier suggestion of moving the MND Big Freeze to an Essendon game and turning that into a home grown blockbuster event.

Unless we turn into a Republic, there will be a monarchbas HOS.

After Liz it's most likely a lad. Therefore it'll be the KB weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Unless we turn into a Republic, there will be a monarchbas HOS.

After Liz it's most likely a lad. Therefore it'll be the KB weekend.

Even if we don't become a republic the public holiday will not automatically continue as Kings Birthday on the second Monday in June. I see it as a golden opportunity for whoever is in power at the Federal level to inaugurate a new public holiday for a much more worthy cause than to celebrate a monarch's birthday...when it isn't even remotely near the date of that monarch's birth. I'm not wishing to start an argument on the merits of a particular example, but the Prime Minister could easily replace Kings Birthday with a day which is more relevant and for something not only more worthy of recognition but relatively easy to gain community support for.  

8 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Even if we don't become a republic the public holiday will not automatically continue as Kings Birthday on the second Monday in June. I see it as a golden opportunity for whoever is in power at the Federal level to inaugurate a new public holiday for a much more worthy cause than to celebrate a monarch's birthday...when it isn't even remotely near the date of that monarch's birth. I'm not wishing to start an argument on the merits of a particular example, but the Prime Minister could easily replace Kings Birthday with a day which is more relevant and for something not only more worthy of recognition but relatively easy to gain community support for.  

Lets be honest. We already celebrate it for what it is. A long weekend and a chance to clean up the filth !! It's a public service no less :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Colllingwood got 22k to their game, What are you saying?

Ok .... I'll try to spell it out for you
If we got everyone that called themselves Collingwood supporters and everyone that that called themselves Melbourne supporters and lined them up side by side.

Their line would be at least 2 times longer than ours.
Probably 3.

Edited by Fork 'em

16 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

If we got everyone that called themselves Collingwood supporters and everyone that that called themselves Melbourne supporters and lined them up side by side.

Agreed, but the example you used fails to show this in any way shape or form. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

Probably 3.

Because they have twice as many fans or are twice as wide?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, brendan said:

Pies want to be home side and alternate every year with us, personally I don't mind as long as it's alternate years to our Anzac eve game so we have at least 1 as a home game 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-considering-reclaiming-share-of-queens-birthday-blockbuster-from-melbourne/news-story/b3c78c1b9ed41f64d99727c3bcc28a0c

Yeah, well we'll take the home team slot for Anzac Day then, for the seasons we are the away team on Q'sBd.

QB/d just doesn't suit all those black & white striped teeth anyway,

Edds head needs to be read.

5 hours ago, beelzebub said:

It's funny..  I married into a family full of these filth. I will cede though they are reasonable measured and coherent and strangely have own teeth ( well except for .....)  but a a Melbourne supporter I endured no end of jokes and ribbing.

We had intended to go as a bit of a group to the QB game but events conspired to prevent that . We now have take TWO to occur for the last H/A game.   For some incalculable reason the numbers are dropping off !! :unsure:

Only a couple of stalwarts ( i.e those that could make up an excuse quick enough ) are still coming along.

Nothing quieter than a Pie during a bad season..Even the Toiges...you can hear them zapping their cards !! :rolleyes:

Oh I know that feeling. No commitment for the final round from any of my Pies family members. They all might be busy!! Ha ha.

• Like 1