List Structure: What do we actually need?

Mach5

Demonlanders putting crap on Watts,O'Mac,ANB,Bugg has been brilliant  for us and their careers. We should start on Kennedy,White and King,if they respond that means we will be better off and so will they. Just a thought. ho hum.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2017 at 6:40 PM, ding said:

Nothing..... we are perfect just the way we are.

(Post match glow talking)

We actuallly don't need much. We are stocked with rucks, defenders, mids and forwards. I'd like another hunt type who has speed out of the backline other than that we have our premiership side

• Like 1

21 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

Another line-breaking runner - we have Hunt but he's still about the only consistent provider of pace off half-back.

Nothing wrong with Hibberd, Salem or Lewis but some more pace to give Hunt some support would be good.

I also wouldn't want to read too much into OMac's 1.5 games of form. If he plays like this for the rest of the season, then we can re-consider our KPD stocks.

Oscar has played 20 games. He will take another 4 years to grow into the role 

give him some slack

23 hours ago, Win4theages said:

like I've said before he has 3-4 years in him.

Like I've said before, pedo will be 31 by next season. He won't be playing afl at 34-35. I love the guy, but its one more year, tops. Should we trade for an experienced tall forward who can also play ruck pedo may not go beyond 2017. 

I'd like to see another high end mid, either with our 1st rounder or trade for one. Perhaps outside mid. I think another young ruck, as not confident about King and Flipper making it. 

Can never have enough good mids. 

On 18/06/2017 at 6:53 PM, Josh said:

A utility/swingman. The Pederson bit part foward/back/ruck

Genuine outside mid

Outside class mid the gap I can see.    

Josh Kelly anyone? Would be good to reunite him with his Brighton Grammar alumni in Salem, Watts and Hunt. Not a vm bad quaddie there!

9 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

For what it's worth, there's a 203cm ruck/forward from Victoria apparently tipped to go very high in the draft; Sam Hayes.

If he goes to the Gold Coast I give up. It's hard enough trying not to trip up over Sam Day and Steve May without adding a Sam Hayes to the mix. We should concentrate of drafting forward/ruck prospect Max King instead.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, deefella said:

Dusty Martin buddy up with Petracca would be mouth watering..... a bridge too much and far though

Martin worries me because of the baggage he brings with him. I think we should steer well clear of that, and we appear to be doing that fortunately. Martin would fit perfectly into a North or St. Kilda as they have plenty of baggage of that sort already, and so long as they do nothing about reforming themselves, will ensure they continue to be mediocre. 

I wouldn't underestimate the negative effect Martin has had on the RFC as a whole, and may help to explain their long term flakiness.

Edited by Dees2014

After the Freo loss, according to Demonland, we had a list with more holes than Swiss cheese, now apparently we don't need anything ...

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fifty-5 said:

After the Freo loss, according to Demonland, we had a list with more holes than Swiss cheese, now apparently we don't need anything ...

We must be much cheddar off than we thought

( I'll go now )^_^

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ENYAW said:

Demonlanders putting crap on Watts,O'Mac,ANB,Bugg has been brilliant  for us and their careers. We should start on Kennedy,White and King,if they respond that means we will be better off and so will they. Just a thought. ho hum.

I think we should go one step further and waterboard them.

• Like 3

On 18/06/2017 at 9:08 PM, ENYAW said:

Tremendous win against the Doggies. We need another quality mid,perhaps we will pick up one in the draft. Another Hunt,Petracca would be fine.A ruck/forward perhaps 2M Peter ( wishful thinking). With J.Smith and Maynard coming thru is a bonus.Hopefull White and King can excel by years end.

We have one ex-tractor who will be a League standout (Oliver ) . I would like another one like that one please. What we also need i think is a quality mid with a beautiful leg ( even better, two beautiful legs ) Someone who can put the ball on a sixpence. ( that's 5c for you post decimal currency people. )

• Like 1

Isaac Smith, Jack Gunstan , Jake Lever, Shaun Higgins. Robbie Tarant. 

If you want to bring in these types of players in we have to be bold.

I would put up Tmac/Kent and throw in a future 1st and 2nds for trade to get two of these guy's to the club. Our window is opening up and we must act this year.

Edited by shorty

I reckon there are questions on the progression of weideman hullett  and Smith

So I want some extra fwd tall talent

Im less in favour of a fwd / ruck type given our recent form with no ruck

I dont want a swingman they need to be native fwds

Could we use some of the extra salary cap 20% to get Josh kelly? I think. He would fit in just fine with his old school mates Salem and Hunt . 

Sure we need to look at options, but we need to be careful and very selective.

A critical ingredient of what we are building is the collective sense of the team. One for all, all for one. 

It can be quickly destroyed by trading. 

Whatever we do, we must maintain this sense of the team developing and winning together. 

There is a great feeling at the moment and its based on morale of the team and mateship.

• Like 3

Biggest need?

1/ A psychologist who can help the guys believe in themselves every week and

2/ a primary school arithmetic teacher who can teach them that it is four quarters that make a whole, not just one or two or three (maybe they got one in last week prior to the Doggies game)?

Edited by monoccular

10 hours ago, hemingway said:

Sure we need to look at options, but we need to be careful and very selective.

A critical ingredient of what we are building is the collective sense of the team. One for all, all for one. 

It can be quickly destroyed by trading. 

Whatever we do, we must maintain this sense of the team developing and winning together. 

There is a great feeling at the moment and its based on morale of the team and mateship.

True, Ernest. The Doggies game was won by a very even team effort, with every cog interlocking almost perfectly.   If a Diamond Jim type were to suddenly appear, the cogs may not interlock so well.

Ball carriers that can kick are the biggest need. Salem, Hibberd,  Watts, Jones and Lewis can do it.

Viney, Stretch, Harmes, Bugg, ANB, Kennedy, Wagner, Brayshaw, Tyson, Melksham i'm less confident about. That said the likes of Viney and Tyson do bring other attributes.

I would like a super fit, quick Kelly, Whitfield, Mitch Duncan, Zac Williams, the Hill brothers-type.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Ball carriers that can kick are the biggest need. Salem, Hibberd,  Watts, Jones and Lewis can do it.

Viney, Stretch, Harmes, Bugg, ANB, Kennedy, Wagner, Brayshaw, Tyson, Melksham i'm less confident about. That said the likes of Viney and Tyson do bring other attributes.

I would like a super fit, quick Kelly, Whitfield, Mitch Duncan, Zac Williams, the Hill brothers-type.

There's a young fella called Jayden Hunt that goes ok and fits into the above criteria. He's a rich mans Duncan and brothers Hill and will be better than Williams and Whitfield. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

There's a young fella called Jayden Hunt that goes ok and fits into the above criteria. He's a rich mans Duncan and brothers Hill and will be better than Williams and Duncan. 

Line breaker yes. Good kick/decision maker? Jury is out on that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Line breaker yes. Good kick/decision maker? Jury is out on that one.

Fair enough, he'll only get better. But I understand the sort of player your talking about that we need. Just disagree with the Hill brothers and Duncan type.

Maybe Smith from Hawthorn? That said I haven't seen him play this season except for our game v the Hawks. 

Just now, Ethan Tremblay said:

Fair enough, he'll only get better. But I understand the sort of player your talking about that we need. Just disagree with the Hill brothers and Duncan type.

Maybe Smith from Hawthorn? That said I haven't seen him play this season except for our game v the Hawks. 

Yep, Smith is another.

6 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Yep, Smith is another.

Although Brayshaw isn't the quickest on our list I seem to recall him breaking lines and hitting pin point inside 50's.

Perhaps there is a role for him of half back/wing similar to Jones?