Training - Monday 5th December, 2016

DeeSpencer

Two kids from the AFL academy I assume (don't look like Casey players). 1 in rehab wearing 31, the other in the main group wearing the vacant 8.

King, Viney, T Mac (in compression socks and shorts), Wagner, Hannan, Vanders, JKH, Pedersen, Flippers, Trengove, Maynard, unknown  31 in rehab.

Lewis back in the main group.

Hogan on deck 

• Like 11

Tom McDonald looks like a mix between Jason McCartney in his final game and Bad Grandpa. 

Fakemumba 8 is a tall athletic lad.

Dec Keilty is a surprise contender for worst tattoo. He also has unusual long arms.

main drill split in to 4 groups for keepings off. 2 kicking. 2 handballing. 

Kicking, bag tackling and other skills stuff for the rehab group 

• Like 3

Nothing to do with our training, but it was nice to see that Roughead is back training with the Dorks...hopefully that is an indication that he is winning his health battle.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 30

3 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Impossible to get a staight answer around here at Demonland comics lounge.

Read the first post in this thread, and the riddle will be revealed...

• Like 9

Two AFL academy guys for next 2 weeks, one in 31 and the other wearing 8, the one in 31 is from Stingrays, one of Stingrays coaches also in attendance

Could only stay for an hour so took photos

Only piece of information, Filipovic has been given the nickname Flipper, not impressed, hoping it will evolve overtime

The bits I watched, Hogan and Watts outstanding again, this is getting wonderfully monotonous, Lewis with main group, Tommy Mac got dressed in the dark

• Like 5

Split in to forwards, mids, backs now. 

Petracca, Harmes, Ben Ken fwd.

Salem, Melk, Lewis in the mids.

Vince with the backs.

Spencer held his own against Gawn in throw ins. 

Clarry went over to the physios with what looked like a sore hip flexor. Now jogging laps at various speeds. Must be something preexisting because I'm surprised given his grimacing they didn't just shut him down for the day 

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Two AFL academy guys for next 2 weeks, one in 31 and the other wearing 8, the one in 31 is from Stingrays, one of Stingrays coaches also in attendance

Could only stay for an hour so took photos

Only piece of information, Filipovic has been given the nickname Flipper, not impressed, hoping it will evolve overtime

The bits I watched, Hogan and Watts outstanding again, this is getting wonderfully monotonous, Lewis with main group, Tommy Mac got dressed in the dark

Please tell me you have pics of Tmac's fashion fail.

2 hours ago, DeeZee said:

Who is Fakemumba?

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

New Category B Japanese rookie. Although I might be wrong.

Whatever, he will be more useful than he whom he replaces ☹️️

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Tom McDonald looks like a mix between Jason McCartney in his final game and Bad Grandpa. 

Fakemumba 8 is a tall athletic lad.

Dec Keilty is a surprise contender for worst tattoo. He also has unusual long arms.

main drill split in to 4 groups for keepings off. 2 kicking. 2 handballing. 

Kicking, bag tackling and other skills stuff for the rehab group 

Hahaha his Tatt isnt that bad

19 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Hahaha his Tatt isnt that bad

I was hoping I got a reply! Maybe I just saw the wrong bit of it coming out from his shorts. And yes that sounds much dirtier than it should.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Split in to forwards, mids, backs now. 

Petracca, Harmes, Ben Ken fwd.

Salem, Melk, Lewis in the mids.

Vince with the backs.

Spencer held his own against Gawn in throw ins. 

Clarry went over to the physios with what looked like a sore hip flexor. Now jogging laps at various speeds. Must be something preexisting because I'm surprised given his grimacing they didn't just shut him down for the day 

Worth reading just for the bit I have bolded.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Worth reading just for the bit I have bolded.

Indeed. I think most posters agree that we are a bit light on with outside mids. If Salem is able to deliver on his potential then we will all be very happy.

Also, Melkshem reported on Melbournefc.com.au that he was told when joining the club that he would be playing off half back but now is training as a mid.

Lewis will also be adding to our outside mid arsenal and I am predicting Stretch will make great progress this year. All of a sudden we are starting to look a lot better in this area. 

• Like 6

Just a comment on the non preferred kicking drill, seems to happen every session now, Hogan is one of the better exponents, looks at ease on both

It is getting better, they even have a drill where they receive a kick with back to goal and have to turn left or right and kick with non preferred to player running wide, a few wayward and ground balls, I nearly wore Sam Frost coming straight at me, he decided to leave ball and avoid fence, I reckon Goodwin will have a team who can kick and properly by April

They are also doing a lot of agility work, seems to be get it out of the traffic and run Forest run, Salem got a huge pat on the back from Macca for just hitting a dropped ball forward into the path of a player running past, instead of stopping and trying to pick it up

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Just a comment on the non preferred kicking drill, seems to happen every session now, Hogan is one of the better exponents, looks at ease on both

It is getting better, they even have a drill where they receive a kick with back to goal and have to turn left or right and kick with non preferred to player running wide, a few wayward and ground balls, I nearly wore Sam Frost coming straight at me, he decided to leave ball and avoid fence, I reckon Goodwin will have a team who can kick and properly by April

They are also doing a lot of agility work, seems to be get it out of the traffic and run Forest run, Salem got a huge pat on the back from Macca for just hitting a dropped ball forward into the path of a player running past, instead of stopping and trying to pick it up

Great insights saty. i prefer when you dont argue foe arguments sake.

How is salem looking? if he stays fit he will almost be like a seasoned new recruit.