• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2017 AFL FIXTURE

Chris

It's the team that plays in rd 1, not the fans, so false bravado is meaningless and worthless.

Some take the essedon approach. If we say it loud enough for long enough, it will come true. It doesn't.

It's time the TEAM toughened up, and stopped losing against the Saints, and at Etihad (and other times of course). Then you will see more people talking up our chances, instead of simply stating the plain cold hard facts, in that we always seem to find a way to lose the unlosable when it comes to playing in a given set of circumstances..

You are the one saying the cold hard facts, and it is certainly not my opinion, new season clean slate, I have been talking up our chances so have supporters from other teams I have chatted to, but of course the proof still has to happen on the field

Edited by Satyriconhome

Saints $1.30 Demons $4.00

the AFL are Grand Prix... 

might just put a couple of lazy pineapples on that  ;)

It's the team that plays in rd 1, not the fans, so false bravado is meaningless and worthless.

Some take the essedon approach. If we say it loud enough for long enough, it will come true. It doesn't.

It's time the TEAM toughened up, and stopped losing against the Saints, and at Etihad (and other times of course). Then you will see more people talking up our chances, instead of simply stating the plain cold hard facts, in that we always seem to find a way to lose the unlosable when it comes to playing in a given set of circumstances..

Doesn't change my point much faulty. Round 1 is as good a time as any.

The only reason I mentioned the fans is because I highly doubt the team is afraid of this meeting as people in this thread seem to be.

Who cares what crowd this game gets?

It's not our problem as we don't collect a cent of the gate proceeds.

Id actually argue that we dodged a bullet by not having a home game the same day as the Gran Prix (which in my opinion is the most overrated, costly and pointless event this country has to offer)

The other option was playing an away game vs a fired up and emotional Essendon. Not sure which option is worse??

• Like 5

im quite confident, strangely.

I much preferred last NAB cup's style of footy than Roosy's. I really think with another preseason in some and with the list additions we should get a much more potent and cohesive attacking spread happening.

Hogan has NOW bought in 100% (imho) expect him to unleash merry hell.

Our guts wont fold mid game. Lewis wont allow it. Truck and Clarry to step up. Brayshaw will be over his 2y blues. Viney and Vince to savour a bit more freedom. Tommy boy will have the much needed hand-offs in Milkshake abd Piggy.

If this lot can gel, then some exciting and rewarding footy awaits.

Dees by 30 to kick off the season

• Like 1

Doesn't change my point much faulty. Round 1 is as good a time as any.

The only reason I mentioned the fans is because I highly doubt the team is afraid of this meeting as people in this thread seem to be.

History Nash. It's that simple. 

I would prefer this, than meeting the returning drug cheat heroes. They will get a huge emotional boost from the pre game hype. Hope the Hawks smash them.

• Like 3

im quite confident, strangely.

I much preferred last NAB cup's style of footy than Roosy's. I really think with another preseason in some and with the list additions we should get a much more potent and cohesive attacking spread happening.

Hogan has NOW bought in 100% (imho) expect him to unleash merry hell.

Our guts wont fold mid game. Lewis wont allow it. Truck and Clarry to step up. Brayshaw will be over his 2y blues. Viney and Vince to savour a bit more freedom. Tommy boy will have the much needed hand-offs in Milkshake abd Piggy.

If this lot can gel, then some exciting and rewarding footy awaits.

Dees by 30 to kick off the season

would you tag Riewoldt?

• Like 1

Fark the whinging.

Supporters are still not quite over our dark days if they're concerned about playing at Etihad. Obviously it's a shithole of a place and in that regard, no game will ever compare to one at the G.

But [censored], we need to start looking forward to playing at any ground against any team if we're serious about winning another flag. 

I can't wait to beat these muppets in Round 1 and march on to a sea of red and blue at the G the following week.

• Like 8

Fark the whinging.

Supporters are still not quite over our dark days if they're concerned about playing at Etihad. Obviously it's a shithole of a place and in that regard, no game will ever compare to one at the G.

But [censored], we need to start looking forward to playing at any ground against any team if we're serious about winning another flag. 

I can't wait to beat these muppets in Round 1 and march on to a sea of red and blue at the G the following week.

Yep. We've got plenty of time to prepare.

Just win and move onto the next week

• Like 2

On 22/10/2016 at 11:09 PM, Die Hard Demon said:

FUXING Etihad..... that ground is a FUXING hole. Way to douse the excitement leading into round 1. Just make sure you all buy your tickets online & print them off. Round 1 a few years back.. lined up a good 20min before the start of the match. Didn't get in till mid-way through the second. I wonder if the AFL will do a better job running it. But i doubt it. 

What... that's shocking!

get a membership!!

2 hours ago, P-man said:

I side with Ox on most things but he needs to build a bridge. It's an opportunity for the players to make a statement.

It's also about time the fans got over this ridiculous notion of "we don't go to Etihad". Grow up.

It's not my ideal round one opening to the year but this needs to be seen as an opportunity. Goodwin and his team can smash one of the hoodoos (plus the dislike of Etihad) early in the season. It could really launch us, particularly as St Kilda will most likely be one of the teams battling for the final spot in the 8 next season. 

I'm sick of my Saints fans constantly being smug about our paltry record against them. 

1 minute ago, rpfc said:

WGAF?

Not our home game.

might be just me missing it...

context ? :huh:

I hate Etihad even though I went there last year to see us snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (against St. Kilda)! The Mountain View Hotel, with fellow Dees fanatics and a bottle of red for mine! Dees for a convincing win!

On 10/23/2016 at 3:55 PM, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

For what it's worth, Melbourne's fixtures for round one since 2000:

2000 vs Richmond MCG

2001 vs Richmond MCG

2002 vs Hawthorn MCG

2003 vs Hawthorn MCG

2004 vs Hawthorn MCG

2005 vs Essendon MCG

2006 vs Carlton Docklands/Etihad

2007 vs StKilda MCG

2008 vs Hawthorn MCG

2009 vs Nth Melbourne MCG

2010 vs Hawthorn MCG

2011 vs Sydney MCG

2012 vs Brisbane MCG

2013 vs Port Adelaide MCG

2014 vs StKilda Etihad

2015 vs Gold Coast MCG

2017 vs GWS MCG

We have had a simply unbelievable run of home opening matches at our home ground this century.

Agreed.

It's an away game, so we don't lose out by having a Sunday afternoon home game on Grand Prix day.

We're not interstate, which as you've indicated hasn't happened to us in Round 1 this century.

We're playing a side we should, if we are serious about finals, be able to beat.

Not that big of a deal.

I'm sure there will be something worse in the full fixture on Thursday.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, olisik said:

May need to win this one to make finals

this and a few others id suspect

Ten seasons will have passed since the Saints put the skids under our club and effectively ended our 2007 season in the first quarter of the the first match, a match we were supposed to win and the pre cursor to what was supposed to be a great season for our club.

We are tipped to have a god season in 2017 and this time I'm sure we will, I wasn't in 2007 because I couldn't see what had changed from 2006, we were virtually the same team with little or no improvement. This time we have a better team than last year and the year before and this time we will win because we are not the team of 2007, we are a team on the rise in a club that has found its way after losing it for so long.

I don't care where we play them, I just would have preferred to play them at the G rather than that shytehole of a ground. I used to watch Melbourne play at every ground, Victoria Park, the Western Oval, Princess Park (before they ripped out the standing room and built the Stand), Windy Hill and I loved going to all of those venues, but I hate Etihad as it is a soulless venue completely lacking in any atmosphere.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stuie said:

Don't ask PJ what he thinks of us being scheduled round 1 Sunday (probably) twilight at Etihad on Grand Prix day then...

He's [censored] off because we shouldn't be relegated to Sunday twilight, particularly two up and coming teams. That hurts sponsorship potential, but at least it's not our home game. If it's a commercial failure ticketing-wise, it falls on St Kilda.

• Like 1