VFL GRAND FINAL - CASEY SCORPIONS v FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS

spirit of norm smith

5 minutes ago, 3Dee said:

thanks daisy, hopefully catch it online somewhere..

7 have a live stream of theie chańels but dont stream the afl, i assume due to telstra having the rights to stream to phones and tablets. But i reckon they will stream the vfl. 

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Ling Jong set to line up for the Doggies in the VFL.

No way,!! Broken Collarbones take a minimum ogf 6-8 weeks to heal. I know coz I had one, Buster Harland ran through me after I kicked a sensational goal and missed the rest of a season!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Drunkn167 said:

Just finished watching. He seemed very confident Salem, Grimes and Hulett will all be back in for the weekend

19 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Ling Jong set to line up for the Doggies in the VFL.

Interesting....

Wouldn't be a bit of the 2nd language would it???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jane02 said:

After our last meeting with St Kilda, I swore I would never go back to that shocking venue.

However, I am making an exception this weekend as I feel starved of football already and excited about seeing Casey in the GF.

I was talking to a former Casey player yesterday (he left at the end of last season) and he feels Casey have it over the Bulldogs and will win comfortably.

I made the same promise Jane and am also currently reconsidering.

Given all the talk about this game on this site and, no doubt the doggies' fans will roll up in great numbers, there could be a huge crowd!!

4 minutes ago, picket fence said:

No way,!! Broken Collarbones take a minimum ogf 6-8 weeks to heal. I know coz I had one, Buster Harland ran through me after I kicked a sensational goal and missed the rest of a season!

Yeah, but you're a bit soft picket!

• Like 4

Interesting snippet from the MFC article on the upcoming final:

Plapp said coaching an aligned side was a tough, but rewarding job. 

“The biggest challenge we have is trying to spend so much time together and we’ve been able to do that in the last three weeks,” he said.

“The first week of the finals is nearly the first time we actually got to train together. That’s probably one thing a lot of people on the outside wouldn’t realise about our group. It’s been a massive positive.”

Is anyone aware of whether teams such as Footscray and Collingwood with integrated VFL sides do train together. Must be very helpful for consistency in game plans etc.

11 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Interesting snippet from the MFC article on the upcoming final:

Plapp said coaching an aligned side was a tough, but rewarding job. 

“The biggest challenge we have is trying to spend so much time together and we’ve been able to do that in the last three weeks,” he said.

“The first week of the finals is nearly the first time we actually got to train together. That’s probably one thing a lot of people on the outside wouldn’t realise about our group. It’s been a massive positive.”

Is anyone aware of whether teams such as Footscray and Collingwood with integrated VFL sides do train together. Must be very helpful for consistency in game plans etc.

well the 2 dogs teams wouldn't train 50km apart

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Agree Uncle, not worth the risk IMO. Will win confortably without him anyway! Mild concussion who are they trying to kid!??

Ok Doctor Picket Fence, if that is your medical opinion after examining him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

On a footballing note I read that Salem is considered likely to play. Our erstwhile reporter has posted the link above.

I have to say I find this incredible. Salem was out like the proverbial light yet they are saying the concussion was very mild.

With all the concerns about, duty of care and litigation, not to mention the possibility of damage emerging later - why would you take the risk?

The ex Casey player who I was chatting to yesterday has played at that oval and said where Salem hit his head was the hardest and worst spot on the ground. He said he was doubtful Salem would get up this week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, doc roet said:

No Don't, I took my Mrs to Bunnings for a sausage on valentines day and she didn't appreciate it.

And she still has the nerve to tell me I don't care about her.

Some women are never pleased.

Probably forgot the onion.

They appreciate the finer details more than we do.

5 hours ago, picket fence said:

Agree Uncle, not worth the risk IMO. Will win confortably without him anyway! Mild concussion who are they trying to kid!??

Don't be so sure. Footscray will have an extra 4-5 AFL listed players this time around, maybe more, making it a much stronger team then what Casey played in the Qual final. Salem would be a huge help as he was dominating before he went down in the Prelim. If the club doctors and staff think he is right to play, who are you to question?

5 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, but any word on JHK? He hasn't been mentioned as a possible in this week. He was playing really well then seemed to drop off the face of the planet, is there a known injury or something else keeping him out?

He didn't qualify for finals

9 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Currently at the open training session at Casey Fields. So far no sign of Salem.

Maybe he went to Gosch's Paddock by accident? ?

• Like 1

Jack Grimes, Liam Hulett and Christian Salem all named. Dean Terlich is back from suspension.

PETER JACKSON VFL 2016 
GRAND FINAL
CASEY SCORPIONS
v FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS 
Sunday 25 September 2016
Etihad Stadium at 2.40pm

CASEY SCORPIONS

B: White Garland Keilty
HB: Michie Hutchins Dunn
C: M Jones Kennedy Salem
HF: Terlich T Smith Newton 
F: Neal-Bullen Weideman Grimes
FOLL: Spencer Trengove Oliver
I/C (from) D Collis Ferreira* Hulett McInerney Morris Munro Pattison Scott J Smith 

FOOTSCRAY BULLDOGS

B: Adcock Staley Lynch
HB: Dale Williams Smith
C: Dalgleish Jong Russell
HF: Honeychurch Stevens Jamieson
F: Webb Campbell Hamilton
FOLL: Minson Barry Nash
I/C (from) Deery Grabowski Greenwood Hannan J Hayes W Hayes Long* Tashevski-Beckwith Wallis

* 23rd player

Sam dreams of flag in first year