FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

Just now, DominatrixTyson said:

Sure, but 2014 is not a long memory. People still need to see this year backed up again.

Eh both have had 2 top 5 B&F finishes in the last three years, i'm not the slightest bit stressed about either.

• Like 4

All of the above have their points. 

I think it's harder to do what Viney does and he wins BnF's doing it. 

My point was that Lewis or someone of his calibre would share the load around which would help everyone get more consistency. 

Moot now as it won't happen. 

Rockliff is a venker but he'd suffice too. 

6 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

All of the above have their points. 

I think it's harder to do what Viney does and he wins BnF's doing it. 

My point was that Lewis or someone of his calibre would share the load around which would help everyone get more consistency. 

Moot now as it won't happen. 

Rockliff is a venker but he'd suffice too. 

I feel Lewis can still get to us. It's all talk.

Regarding Rockliff, I don't see a reason why Dee's shouldn't make a play for him considering his ability. He's a 40+ poss player and can kick a few goals when needed. 

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Clarkson has always been a loose canon and it was Chris Fagan that held it all together. He has only been gone 10 days and it starts to unravel.

Clarkson has upset a big batch of players suggesting they be the ones to go to GCS or like Mitchell and Lewis to move on. 

They have all accepted 'unders' to play there. 

It may well be everyman for himself in the future!

Exactly. With the minder gone, expect more of this from Clarkson over the next 2-3 years.

People get so excited by these guys at the end of their careers, but look at the how the Dogs did it , backed their youth ,recruiting and development, Just as Hawthorn did it , and Geelong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

People get so excited by these guys at the end of their careers, but look at the how the Dogs did it , backed their youth ,recruiting and development, Just as Hawthorn did it , and Geelong.

We are building a really, really strong core of young players from the ground up.

Our deplorable years are still felt though through the gaping generation gap, and while I've never been a big fan of Lewis, or super impressed by him as a player, he's the kind of guy who would fill that experience gap admirably for a couple of years as the likes of Viney and Tyson mature. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Lol... So you were trolling with your illogical posts again? Great...

BTW, did you hear Heeney is being traded? I mean, I assume he is because Tom Mitchell is.. They're completely different players, but I'm going to make the same assumption based on the fact they're on the same team that has salary cap issues...

Just on this, I know you're joking, but has anyone heard that Heeney is exploring his options? Hence the Swans now looking to extend his contract. Should be interesting.

7 minutes ago, A F said:

Just on this, I know you're joking, but has anyone heard that Heeney is exploring his options? Hence the Swans now looking to extend his contract. Should be interesting.

Harley said today Heeney was their top priority, and given they've just shipped off Mitchell I believe him. He won't go anywhere.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Dew, Burgoyne, Lake plus probably a number of others I can't think of

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, stuie said:

Harley said today Heeney was their top priority, and given they've just shipped off Mitchell I believe him. He won't go anywhere.

Still, I'm going to watch that space. ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stuie said:

He may not want to go anywhere, but throw some big $'s at him anyway and try to entice him so at least the Swans have to pay more to keep him, that will put even more pressure on their salary cap. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Correct Dazzle isn't banned but was warned for being involved in derailing a thread and threw a hissy fit and has voluntarily excused himself from the site.

I hope he hasn't registered under a different name because the Code of Conduct says he needs to get permission from the owner of the site to do that:-

• Each member is normally allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed without the prior consent of Demonland. It is not permitted to register under a current or past player's name unless that name is your own.

The principle here is that we are trying to prevent poster abuse and derailment of thread.

And on that note ... back to trade whispers ...

WJ I  have nothing to do with DazzleDavey except that we both have user names that riff on Aaron Davey's name. Feel free to check my email and other profile details. 

11 hours ago, Abe said:

we're in the position to do it, Hogan has re-signed, we've got all our good young players locked away, we'll have two strong first round picks next year and we can offer significantly more money than the Swans can, and i think in all likelyhood both Melbourne and Sydney will be top 8 teams next year. 

if not Issac Heeney, Josh Kelly or Nat Fyfe or someone like that. 

we are ready to bring in a genuine A grader.

I hope to God we don't have two "strong first round picks" next year. In fact, I'd like to think that our days of "strong first round picks" are over for a number of years.

We are unfortunately in that mid-stage, where we didn't finish low enough to get great draft picks, and we're not high enough to attract top players. This is where North, Richmond & Collingwood have sat for the past few years. The aim is not to stay mid-range for more than another year or two, or like them, we won't be able to renew our list & we'll slide back down.

But our days of top-5 picks must be behind us. I'd like our first pick next year to be at least 12.

8 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

WJ I  have nothing to do with DazzleDavey except that we both have user names that riff on Aaron Davey's name. Feel free to check my email and other profile details. 

Don't worry mate, it's a compliment to be compared to Dazzle

On 12/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, willmoy said:

Lewis may be slow, old and lack versatility but I am convinced he would come with the one element we have been sorely missing perhaps since David Neitz to a small degree. Garry Lyon was great at it. The ability to change the outcome of a game when you sense it is getting away from us. Hodge has it in spades and I suspect Lewis does too judging from his actions during the last quarter when last we played Hawthorn. I suspect it is this attribute that Goody sees as Lewis' best teaching tool at Melbourne.

1 hour ago, A F said:

No different to what transpired with Hogan...Heeney won't leave the Swans.

4 hours ago, stuie said:

Lol... So you were trolling with your illogical posts again? Great...

BTW, did you hear Heeney is being traded? I mean, I assume he is because Tom Mitchell is.. They're completely different players, but I'm going to make the same assumption based on the fact they're on the same team that has salary cap issues...

Stuie, it is not hard to see why you upset so many on here. The personal insult always goes down well doesn't it.

Also you are never wrong, are you? Everyone else is.

I tried to discuss a topic with you and you just resort to insults. Why bother?

Read this slowly. I said the Mitchell scenario could hurt the club. The Lewis scenario came out of a similar conversation with the Coach. Are you following?

When supporters including past players got angry with the Mitchell situation, that was something that was hurting the club.

The Lewis situation, which was similar, caused a firestorm and Clarko had to put it to rest and only could, because Mitchell agreed to go.That also hurt the club.

I said all along that the idea came from Clarko, but you wouldn't agree because you said Mitchell was happy about it. That has been confirmed by Mitchell himself, he just accepted it.

Lewis did not.

Therefore these actions caused problems for the Hawks and I don't even know how the other players feel about it, but it can't be denied that what i said was correct.

I know you will not accept what I said even though most on here will.

Feel free to argue about it, that is my last post on the issue,

PS. I am glad we are not getting Lewis and for those that want trade gossip, we don't look like being interested in Rockliff, from what i have learned recently.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Stuie, it is not hard to see why you upset so many on here. The personal insult always goes down well doesn't it.

Also you are never wrong, are you? Everyone else is.

I tried to discuss a topic with you and you just resort to insults. Why bother?

Read this slowly. I said the Mitchell scenario could hurt the club. The Lewis scenario came out of a similar conversation with the Coach. Are you following?

When supporters including past players got angry with the Mitchell situation, that was something that was hurting the club.

The Lewis situation, which was similar, caused a firestorm and Clarko had to put it to rest and only could, because Mitchell agreed to go.That also hurt the club.

I said all along that the idea came from Clarko, but you wouldn't agree because you said Mitchell was happy about it. That has been confirmed by Mitchell himself, he just accepted it.

Lewis did not.

Therefore these actions caused problems for the Hawks and I don't even know how the other players feel about it, but it can't be denied that what i said was correct.

I know you will not accept what I said even though most on here will.

Feel free to argue about it, that is my last post on the issue,

PS. I am glad we are not getting Lewis and for those that want trade gossip, we don't look like being interested in Rockliff, from what i have learned recently.

Well you did say you were trying to get a reaction out of me with your post... That is kinda what trolling is.

As for resorting to insults, I'm not sure why you find my post where I say you're illogical so insulting yet you can follow up with this post which has many more digs in it and then try to take the higher ground.

Now, you "read this slowly"... Mitchell and Lewis are different people. Their situations are totally different. Have you actually listened to the Mitchell SEN interview yet?

Now, read this even slower.... You said that the Mitchell situation was basically the culture of Hawthorn falling apart. It was not. He was obviously happy with the move and everyone in the footy world, bar you, has said it's a win/win/win and great for everybody. You have no further inkling than anyone else (actually probably less given you haven't heard the interview) about the feeling inside the club. All indicators, including the man you're trying to speak for, point to it being a happy situation for everyone. Are you a coach at Hawthorn? Maybe a player welfare manager? I'm going to guess not, so for you to imply the reaction is the complete opposite of what every other person (in the know) has reported it as is just silly, and even sillier that you continue on with it while having a dig at others saying they're "never wrong, are you?".

Ok, read this bit slowest of all, it's important for you I feel... The Lewis situation seems very different to the Mitchell one. Now, before you get confused, go back to where I said they were 2 different people, it may help.

You can not say the Mitchell actions cause problems for Lewis. They're situations are separate and they are different people in different circumstances. Despite you trying to speak for "most on here", I think from what I've seen, most reasonable posters have been able to separate the two situations. You have not.

Now, you can say things like "but it can't be denied that what i said was correct" or "you will not accept what I said even though most on here will", but that is your ego talking, not fact. You even said "I don't even know how the other players feel about it" before going on to say that you're still correct because you say so. Amazing.

No one argued the idea came from Clarkson. I'm not sure why you are still going on about that? But Mitchell himself said he was not asked to leave and he was genuinely excited about the idea and felt it would be great for him and his family. That doesn't sound very culture destroying to me.

Finally, thanks for the Rockliff info, what an earth shattering announcement...