FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 hour ago, FlashInThePan said:

Yeah, I don't see getting back into the first round as being as critical as some on this site seem to. We have our first rounder from this draft and we got him last year and put a year of development into him. Since he is a tall, that was a brilliant move as they typically need far more time to develop. I would rather not see us trading out potentially high end talent that we have put time into for a punt on something new, unless we don't think they will develop further. I don't think that is the case with Salem, I see all sorts of upside when he puts it all together. The thyroid issue is the only thing that bothers me and I'm sure our medical staff are all over that.

I've been touting the possible trade of Salem for a while, but with the caveat that I'd only do it for a Prestia, Mitchell type.

I've changed my mind on this front and believe we should hold onto Salem (ie he's an untouchable) and continue to build through the draft.

You only have to look at Sydney's recruiting over the past decade to see that you don't need to be in the first round to build an A grade midfield. Jack, Kennedy, Parker, Hannebery and Mitchell were all outside the first round. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Why would we want another rookie key forward when we have Hogan and Weid, who are just 21 and 19 respectively..

We need Salem, his foot skills are first class and god knows we need all the skills we can get.

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

It may be the clubs ticket to getting back into the first round this season. Perhaps they see Salem as expendable with Hunt, Melksham, Hibbert and Wagner all capable half backs.

?? Which one is it....

59 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Is this a trade whisper, or you're just making up crap for the sake of it?

Absolutely no truth in my cheeky statement. Just getting into the spirit of trade season. Although, I wouldn't say no to that trade. I have no contacts nor rumours, so,  I shall reign in my enthusiasm.  

14 minutes ago, Demi Dee said:

Absolutely no truth in my cheeky statement. Just getting into the spirit of trade season. Although, I wouldn't say no to that trade. I have no contacts nor rumours, so,  I shall reign in my enthusiasm.  

That's crazy talk. The only route left to you is to go mind bogglingly speculative. It must, however, end with us picking up Fyfe in the rookie draft. Then, and only then, will you gain the respect of established Demonlanders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Do you think we might look at trading your love child Clarrie Chew Chew then picket?

If the right offer came along.. Yep!! 

We need to be totally ruthless!! Im sick of our "Precious" atitudes!!

Clarry will be sensational, but if a ridiculously over the top offer came along is anyone immune or safe??

33 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

That's crazy talk. The only route left to you is to go mind bogglingly speculative. It must, however, end with us picking up Fyfe in the rookie draft. Then, and only then, will you gain the respect of established Demonlanders.

Challenge accepted:

I regretfully inform you that, according to a 'good' source on bigfooty, Fyfe will be plying his trade at St.Kilda. Apparently, they are willing to trade Billings and their first rounder, to GWS for Patton, in return for that wounded warrior. 

only slightly less reliable than the chap who claimed that their are more planes in the sea than submarines in the sky. 

How about Dangerfield regretting his decision to go to the Cats, realised his folly and nominates the Dees as his club of choice.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demi Dee said:

Challenge accepted:

I regretfully inform you that, according to a 'good' source on bigfooty, Fyfe will be plying his trade at St.Kilda. Apparently, they are willing to trade Billings and their first rounder, to GWS for Patton, in return for that wounded warrior. 

only slightly less reliable than the chap who claimed that their are more planes in the sea than submarines in the sky. 

How about Dangerfield regretting his decision to go to the Cats, realised his folly and nominates the Dees as his club of choice.  

Better

• Like 1

Here are some Trade Whispers from the AFL site:-

Trade whispers: Swan holds key to many moves

Highlights -

• Tom Mitchell will meet  with the Swans before announcing any future plans.

• The Western Bulldogs and Collingwood have already had meetings over the Travis Cloke trade with a late-third or fourth-round draft pick expected to get the deal done.

• The Bulldogs are hopeful of retaining midfielder Lin Jong, who has attracted interest from Gold Coast.

• Several out-of-contract Sydney Swans such as utility Dean Towers and ruckman Toby Nankervis remain in limbo ahead of the trade period.

• GWS forward Will Hoskin-Elliott has been linked with Collingwood but the club is yet to meet with him.

• North Melbourne free agent Daniel Wells is not expected to announce any decision on his future until after the club's best and fairest count on Friday night.

• Port Adelaide players Hamish Hartlett, Matthew Lobbe and Matthew Broadbent have emerged as trade targets for opposition clubs.

These from NAB AFL Trade Radio:

• Geelong has expressed some interest in North Melbourne's Daniel Wells but Collingwood remains frontrunner for his services.

• Jarryd Lyons wants to stay at Adelaide and is considering an offer from the Crows.

• Clay Smith is expected to re-sign with the Western Bulldogs this week after being part of the premiership team on Saturday following three knee reconstructions.

And from the trade radio site:

Travis Cloke is willing to more than halve his pay packet to join 2016 premiers the Western Bulldogs next season. Cloke's manager Paul Connors told NAB AFL Trade Radio that Cloke is willing to forgo his lucrative one-year deal at the Pies in order to make a fresh start at the Bulldogs.

Former North Melbourne forward Drew Petrie wants to play at West Coast in 2017, but the Eagles are yet to decide whether they want to bring him to the club. Petrie's manager Shane Casley has told NAB AFL Trade Radio Petrie is up for the challenge of playing in Perth should the club offer him a contract.

Jack Riewoldt's manager Liam Pickering has revealed rival clubs have enquired about his client's services for 2017. Pickering told NAB AFL Trade Radio he hadn't had any discussions with Richmond about Jack going anywhere.

Brent Harvey is yet to receive any formal offers to play on in 2017, according to his manager. Harvey's agent Shane Casley told NAB AFL Trade Radio today the 38-year-old was a "long shot" to play on next year, but that Harvey had still yet to make a final decision on his future.
Daniel Wells is yet to make a decision on his future, with the Kangaroos midfielder weighing up options from several rival clubs. Wells' manager Liam Pickering confirmed the Cats "had some interest" in Wells, who has been offered a three-year deal from the Pies.

Port Adelaide general manager of football Chris Davies says the club is taking an open approach to this year's NAB AFL Trade Period, saying they are open to potential moves for their star contracted players. However, Davies said the club would have to think long and hard about any potential move with arch-rival Adelaide.

• Like 5

in late news Cloke is being linked to Collingwood as front runners for his services :rolleyes:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

do you reckon they would be interested in two premiership players from melbourne, bub?

Id do that deal ;)

6 hours ago, mo64 said:

Can't believe he's only 28. If Cloke is worth a 3rd rounder, then Dawes might net us an upgrade on our 5th round pick.

The game requires big men to have agiiity and pace. Dawes ubfortubalty has neither. The big forward that doesn't have these attributes won't last in the modern game 

49 minutes ago, bandicoot said:

The game requires big men to have agiiity and pace. Dawes ubfortubalty has neither. The big forward that doesn't have these attributes won't last in the modern game 

Geez, autocorrect let you down there, bandi.

• Like 12

Mahoney on SEN this morning (paraphrasing):

• Focus in recent years to go to the draft, especially midfielders.  Now have a sound midfield
  • Focus is defence - Melksham and Hibberd will be good experience. 
  • We are also looking to get a ruck/forward
  • Dunn indicated frustrated at not getting a senior game and will look at opportunities.  So will trade if he finds another club.
  • Dawes' future depends on results of trade week.
  • We won't be as active in the trade period this year.
  • Re Hibbered:  might be our pick 26 but it could involve other picks/players

The Hibberd trade looks a bit cryptic - wonder what that deal might look like. 

The interview clarifies a few things being thrown around in the media and speculation sites. 

Good to hear it from the 'horse's mouth', so to speak.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Mahoney on SEN this morning (paraphrasing):

• Focus in recent years to go to the draft, especially midfielders.  Now have a sound midfield
  • Focus is defence - Melksham and Hibberd will be good experience. 
  • We are also looking to get a ruck/forward
  • Dunn indicated frustrated at not getting a senior game and will look at opportunities.  So will trade if he finds another club.
  • Dawes' future depends on results of trade week.
  • We won't be as active in the trade period this year.
  • Re Hibbered:  might be our pick 26 but it could involve other picks/players

The Hibberd trade looks a bit cryptic - wonder what that deal might look like. 

The interview clarifies a few things being thrown around in the media and speculation sites. 

Good to hear it from the 'horse's mouth', so to speak.

I think re: the Hibberd trade, it will be pick 26. Josh is always a bit cryptic, and doesn't like giving a straight answer until something has actually happened.