1 hour ago, Abe said:

In my honest opinion, Rance and Martin are the only thing keeping Richmond from being every bit as bad as Brisbane Lions, they have no idea how deep the hole they're in is, there is no talent coming through on their list.

We definitely don't have enough disconnected conversations going on in this thread

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Possibly, but i think they are prepared to wear that rather than having the EU "Commissioners" telling them how to live all the time

Typical British arrogance IMO. The German's are the one's holding up the EU economy.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2016 at 6:44 PM, brendan said:

Port Adelaide delisted butcher, Colquhoun and Kane Mitchell, giving the toump more time 

I don't mind Colquhoun. He's slight, but uses it well and has decent speed.

20 hours ago, Abe said:

Who're our likely departures?

Dawes, Grimes, Michie, Newton, King, White?

Reckon White will get a 3rd year on the rookie list. Plapp rates him extremely highly.

As others have said, Terlich is gone and i think Pedersen and Matt Jones are no sure things either. 

JKH, Nibbler to be trade bait while Dunn and Garland will be off loaded if there are any takers.

1 hour ago, AngryAtCasey said:

I don't mind Colquhoun. He's slight, but uses it well and has decent speed.

Reckon White will get a 3rd year on the rookie list. Plapp rates him extremely highly.

As others have said, Terlich is gone and i think Pedersen and Matt Jones are no sure things either. 

JKH, Nibbler to be trade bait while Dunn and Garland will be off loaded if there are any takers.

If Pedersen has gone in for surgery, which has been suggested, he is a sure thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

It is my statement, as evidenced by the tax issue in Ireland   one of the most unethical companies in the world alongside NIKE and BHP

The UK is proposing a corporate tax rate of 15% down from the current 20%. We can only dream of such a tax rate.

Still puzzled as to why Prestia has chosen the Tiges over us? ?

16 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Still puzzled as to why Prestia has chosen the Tiges over us? ?

$$$$$$$$$$$

my gut feeling is that the Dees interest cooled when he rejected us last year. And with our young burgeoing mid it no longer fitted our plans to offer him a long expensive contract.

One or two of Dawes, Dunn and Garland will be traded I imagine.

We're in a terrible draft position and if we want to bring in any other trades we need some ammunition. 

I get the feeling that ANB might be up for grabs too. Has had it pretty stiff this year but he is a pure inside mid that doesn't offer a whole lot of versatility.

And down the line it's hard to see him getting a starting position in a midfield of Viney, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver etc.

38 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

We're in a terrible draft position and if we want to bring in any other trades we need some ammunition. 

I get the feeling that ANB might be up for grabs too. Has had it pretty stiff this year but he is a pure inside mid that doesn't offer a whole lot of versatility.

And down the line it's hard to see him getting a starting position in a midfield of Viney, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver etc.

I can't see any of them being worth much if anything 'steve'...

39 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

We're in a good draft position. We made it for ourselves by trading our first round pick to get both Oliver and Weideman last year.

It's all part of the plan.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

I think you're right about ANB, but I'd love it if we were able to hold onto him. He'd be amazing depth for our midfield, and we've been so lucky with injuries this season that he hasn't had a look in for the position he's most suited to. He's kind of like our version of Tom Mitchell.

If we receive a decent offer for him though, I expect we'd probably take it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Time and reading a lot of your posts Redleg, has taught me that if I disagree with what you've posted, I'm probably wrong.

You make a good point.

Seriously though Nasher, one of the most amusing things I find on DL, is how quickly some posters arrive at the conclusion, that a player is no good, finished, or a champion.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Redleg said:

You make a good point.

Seriously though Nasher, one of the most amusing things I find on DL, is how quickly some posters arrive at the conclusion, that a player is no good, finished, or a champion.

That is what I though of Gysberts, but in reverse order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mauriesy said:

We're in a good draft position. We made it for ourselves by trading our first round pick to get both Oliver and Weideman last year.

It's all part of the plan.

We're not this year. I understand what we did last year, but every year one should be aiming to improve their position. 

At the moment the highest pick we have is a second rounder that will potentially be going to Essendon for Hibberd.

Clearly we need to get ourselves back into the draft in some capacity. Whether it's a couple of picks in the second/third round I'm not sure but I'd say the club will be aiming to do that.

18 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

We're not this year. I understand what we did last year, but every year one should be aiming to improve their position. 

At the moment the highest pick we have is a second rounder that will potentially be going to Essendon for Hibberd.

Clearly we need to get ourselves back into the draft in some capacity. Whether it's a couple of picks in the second/third round I'm not sure but I'd say the club will be aiming to do that.

i'm sure the club would be prepared to trade next year's first round *if* the right player became available

39 minutes ago, ManDee said:

That is what I though of Gysberts, but in reverse order.

Ah you remind me of that draft night. I have told the story before, but not sure if on DL.

The night of the JT draft and the bloke we took number 1, WJ and I were at a Dees Draft night function.We were told that for our 3rd pick, which I think was 12 and 4th pick, at about 18, we would take Gysberts and Tapscott.  WJ and I were stunned, as we thought we would take Daniel Talia and another player I have forgotten since. All night we felt discomfort as we thought Talia would prove to be a good key defender and we could build around him. Well we know what happened.

I have no doubt those picks, together with Lucas Cook and Toumpas, have really hurt the club and set us back even further than we could and should have been, if we had just taken 4 decent players, not even stars.

I find it hard to accept that competent recruiters should stuff up top ten picks, injuries aside, but obviously they do.

Anyway, that is history and I have great faith in Taylor and co to keep improving the list.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

You hit the nail on the head here STMJ,

I rate Nibbler, but even when we look at our midfield post Jones & Vince he probably doesn't make it into our top half dozen to 8 midfielders.

I'd be more then happy to keep him, as he seems like a quality person and player.  But if there's a decent offer then we should seriously look at it,

2 hours ago, Django said:

I think you're right about ANB, but I'd love it if we were able to hold onto him. He'd be amazing depth for our midfield, and we've been so lucky with injuries this season that he hasn't had a look in for the position he's most suited to. He's kind of like our version of Tom Mitchell.

If we receive a decent offer for him though, I expect we'd probably take it.

Agree, depth is so important partic in the midfield if you have a run of injuries.  We look good with a full list but that can go pear shaped with a few serious injuries.