Jack Fitzpatrick

Razor

2 hours ago, nutbean said:

I bear all players who leave our club no ill will but I think you may be rewriting history first to suggest correct decisions in traffic ( does that include that glorious attempt at tunnel ball from the goal square last year ??? ) and quickly given the shove ???? How many years was he on the list ??

Good on you for getting getting a gig fitzy...

Well done Jack Fitzpatrick, you always looked like you had potential, just couldn't get it all together at Dees lets hope that you have a better run with the Hawks!!!

43 minutes ago, Jaded said:

He deserves success because he has battled so many illnesses and injuries and is still on an AFL list battling away. Plenty far less deserving than him going around... Think Frawley. 

Absolutely Jaded. Diabetes, concussion and being a chronic baby giraffe put him behind the 8 ball.

I wonder if the Hawks will understand his strengths and work with them rather than simply expecting him to perform to stay, which is what I suspect we did. 

I saw him in a game vs Adel  (I think) where he kicked 3 rippers and also watched him vs WB where he shut down Boys and had him subbed and thought he was worth persevering with. That's where Hogan's sledge to Murphy about "where's your next big thing?" came from.

Good luck to the guy. I wish him well. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nasher said:

Wouldn't go as far as "deserves success".  Nathan Jones deserves success.   I agree that it's pretty hard to hold anything against Fitzy though.  He's no better a player now than he was with us, but he's found himself in the right place at the right time, as can happen sometimes.  Good luck to him.

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Really? Why?

Whats he done wrong to us? We delisted him after a long struggle with a variety of illnesses. He tried hard and gave his all. I'm so happy to see him get a second chance, and as much as I hate Hawthorn I'm thrilled to see him getting a go. 

Deserves success!

Well said Jaded.I thought the same thing exactly. He didn't ask to be delisted. I was very happy for him as he seemed to just waltz down the middle and kick a huge goal. He was always faster than he looked. Giraffes can move very fast too. Well done and best wishes Fitzy.

• Like 4

See Fitzy as a ruckman. So unless he gets better than Gawn then he will not be missed. Melbourne need a forward who can ruck a bit and take that role if Gawn gets injured or rested.

I don't think he would get a game in front of Spencer either.

Was good to see him get a game at the Hawks; with the salary cap it shows that there are opportunities for all different people.

Edited by ickey_11

11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Really? Why?

Whats he done wrong to us? We delisted him after a long struggle with a variety of illnesses. He tried hard and gave his all. I'm so happy to see him get a second chance, and as much as I hate Hawthorn I'm thrilled to see him getting a go. 

Deserves success!

Because he is now one of them ( a them I particularly despise) and no longer one of us.

12 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Because he is now one of them ( a them I particularly despise) and no longer one of us.

... though not by his own choice, but by ours.

• Like 2

Good luck to him.  He only got a gig because the cupboard was bare at the Hawks for big men.  He came in and did a Bradbury.

List decisions have to be made.  We made ours.  Hawks needed coverage - showed it was a great decision.  McEvoy due back for the first final, wonder if Jack will be back in the VFL?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Good luck to him.  He only got a gig because the cupboard was bare at the Hawks for big men.  He came in and did a Bradbury.

List decisions have to be made.  We made ours.  Hawks needed coverage - showed it was a great decision.  McEvoy due back for the first final, wonder if Jack will be back in the VFL?

He will replace Ceglar  for the rest of the season.  His mobility and versatility will keep him in the 2nd ruck role.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Tunnel-ball deserves a grand final showcase.

Didn't he do the tunnel ball against Hawthorn? They must have seen something they liked. I was surprised by the way he made that goal. Standing flat footed and facing away from the goal whe he received the ball he charged away like Dangerfield. No one could have caught him.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Delighted for Beaker.  Fair to say he deserves a win after 2 wins in 7 years!! 

how he has kept fronting up for training is beyond me.  I reckon he'll get a game in finals, the other young ruck will get dropped for mcevoy

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Vagg said:

Was great to see Fitzy slot that goal from long distance.  He's had a long, hard road, and I'm thrilled for him that he's been given another chance.  Just hope he gets to now play in September!  Would be great reward for perseverance.

Lol - with us Collingwood when scores are tied Fitzy serves up tunnel ball, while with Hawthorn when game is in the line he wins crucial clearance and streams out of the centre to kick a running bomb 60 metres out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Did he remember you Saty?

Yes we had a running joke with me, Fitzy and the wonderful Dean Bailey about who could present the most ridiculous haircut/beard at training, Dean was not a fan of ether mine or Fitzys until Fitzy wimped out and got a regulation haircut

Edited by Satyriconhome
bloody smarfpheen
  • Like 1

So pleased for Fitzy, as much as I hate Hawthorn and hoped they lost yesterday. I would imagine he will hold his spot for the final even if McEvoy returns, as Pittonet gives little around the ground.

I would have kept him on this year as our key position depth is so lean. Thankfully we had a good run with injuries and didn't need him, and the move has obviously worked for him.

• Like 2

Good luck Fitzy, it's funny Coz he is exactly the sort of player we need.

Relief Ruckman /forward

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Good luck Fitzy, it's funny Coz he is exactly the sort of player we need.

Relief Ruckman /forward

Really ?

took two years to debut and 23 games over the six seasons since debuting.

I know he has had injuries and he well may make the grade but on his resume to date I hardly think he is "exactly the sort of player we need".

44 minutes ago, nutbean said:

Really ?

took two years to debut and 23 games over the six seasons since debuting.

I know he has had injuries and he well may make the grade but on his resume to date I hardly think he is "exactly the sort of player we need".

I said he is the sort of player we need, not him specifically, but always thought he was more talented than Spencer and yes he did have a lot of injuries and is still quite young.

Some talls develop later

Edited by DeeZee

• 2 weeks later...

Fitzpatrick starting Full Forward in a Hawthorn v Geelong Qualifying Final. Can't wait to see him but it will be slightly bitter sweet if he crashes packs, their small forwards get on top and he kicks a bag :( Could be one of the biggest list management failures of our history if he has a big September, and a few weeks later we're shopping for a ruck/fullforward.

Edited by DominatrixTyson
  • Like 3