North delists 4 'stars'

jnrmac

North has made the announcement that Harvey, Firrito, Dal Santo and Petrie will not be re-contracted for next year.

I know its nothing to with the Dees but its interesting nonetheless.

Right decision? Ballsy.

Good motivation for finals? Yeah right

I think it is the right decision........But query the timing.......At least they know where they stand coming into a final series without the will I / wont I, get another contract

• Like 2

Just now, stuie said:

Bizarre timing. Could either fire them up to play for those blokes or make those 4 players resent the club. Either way, it's rocking the boat at a time you'd surely want stability.

One more loss to come, technically out of the eight but for our lapse, only four, give us a break, should be 24!!

14 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

North has made the announcement that Harvey, Firrito, Dal Santo and Petrie will not be re-contracted for next year.

I know its nothing to with the Dees but its interesting nonetheless.

Right decision? Ballsy.

Good motivation for finals? Yeah right

by the start of next season will be 39, 33, 33, 34 years old

• Like 2

What bizarre timing. Not that I disagree with the decision (and we're all about to see that Norf has absolutely no quality youth; they will go full Fremantle next year) but doing this on the eve of finals?

Wouldn't you do this after getting thumped by 100 points in the first final, when supporters are baying for blood?

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, drdrake said:

I can see Boomer in a Geelong or Hawthorn Jumper next year.  If your window is open next year you would consider him. The other three are done.  I see North as a bottom 4 side next year

Hawks probably have a few small forwards ahead of Boomer I would think, and Geelong have been going the opposite direction from an age profile perspective. Doubtful either would sign him up IMO.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

Jeez Boomer is very stiff.. Il probably get shut down for this but i would seriously consider picking Harvey the same way GWS did with Stevie J..

Harveys Leadership and outside class would easily get us to finals next year.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 7

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Jeez Boomer is very still. Il probably get shut down for this but i would seriously consider picking Harvey the same way GWS did with Stevie J..

Harveys Leadership and outside class would easily get us to finals next year.

Leadership being punching people behind the play whenever you think you can get away with it?

Much rather persevere with what we've got.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Hawks probably have a few small forwards ahead of Boomer I would think, and Geelong have been going the opposite direction from an age profile perspective. Doubtful either would sign him up IMO.

It's possible the GC will be tempted by the success GWS have had with Johnson and grab Boomer.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stuie said:

Bizarre timing. Could either fire them up to play for those blokes or make those 4 players resent the club. Either way, it's rocking the boat at a time you'd surely want stability.

It's pretty clear in the article that they are taking the punt on this week being the last North game in Melbourne this year, so that people can come along. I agree it's bizarre at first glance, but makes sense if you think about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Undeeterred said:

It's pretty clear in the article that they are taking the punt on this week being the last North game in Melbourne this year, so that people can come along. I agree it's bizarre at first glance, but makes sense if you think about it.

I'd be more worried about the effect on the players than the fans. Plenty of chance to farewell them at their BnF or family day or something.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

Leadership being punching people behind the play whenever you think you can get away with it?

Much rather persevere with what we've got.

Persevere with playing the elderly rung of MFC players in the VFL? Persevere with the constant cycling in/out of players like Michie, Bugg, Kennedy, Harmes etc ?

A Spot on our list isn't hot property, yet. Two more trade periods, Which means Boomer could play one year with us and actually put pressure on those boys to take his spot by performing consistently when selected or spending more time developing in the VFL, while Boomer supplies AFL standard performances week to week. 

Though an experienced defender would be nicer.

Edited by johndemons
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.