CASEY SCORPIONS v SANDRINGHAM

KC from Casey

7 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Kennedy in.  Hes too good for VFL, just needs a breakout game at senior level.

Oliver in too.

Unfortunately his AFL performances dont prove that and he has a big problem at AFL level he is too small.

If you are small you have to be very good at that level and very good he isn't. Oliver I would agree but he is in his first year he is going ok no need to [censored] him. wow cannot use F log 

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Just now, old dee said:

Unfortunately his AFL performances dont prove that and he has a big problem at AFL level he is too small.

If you are small you have to be very good at that level and very good he isn't. Oliver I would agree but he is in his first year he is going ok no need to [censored] him.

Roos recently made mention of Oliver. Said he still has a lot to learn and physically tires. I got the impression that he may spend the remainder of the season -or most of it - at Casey.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Kill them....how dare they make an error each.......careers over

Kill them??? 

No, I'm just saying that these two passages of play just showed up their limitations for AFL standard. Why they're at that "in-between" level. 

OK, maybe I could have said "their limitations were on show". But at the time, instead of being 3 goals ahead in a low-scoring game, which could have been 5 goals ahead, they brought our opponents back to 7 points down. AFL standard players simply wouldn't have made those errors at that time in the game. at a lower level.

That's all.

1 hour ago, Theo said:

We need Declan Keilty and Tim Smith at the Dee's. Keilty is 21 and is improving every game. Is versatile and can play in multiple positions. At 25 Smith is a great mark and kick for goal. Would do well playing next to Hogan.

Totally agree about Kielty. He's going to be a very good tall-forward-and-second ruck for someone next year.

Just hope it's the Dees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akum said:

Kill them??? 

No, I'm just saying that these two passages of play just showed up their limitations for AFL standard. Why they're at that "in-between" level. 

OK, maybe I could have said "their limitations were on show". But at the time, instead of being 3 goals ahead in a low-scoring game, which could have been 5 goals ahead, they brought our opponents back to 7 points down. AFL standard players simply wouldn't have made those errors at that time in the game. at a lower level.

That's all.

Please show me an AFL player that has NEVER made an error in a game

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Akum said:

Sorry Saty, I'm not WYL. Explaining it twice is enough.

You picked one error each, is that all they did in a game, Nathan Jones who was one of our best yesterday made at least 3 or 4 clangers.

Kennedy has 34 and Michie 33 disposals and the team won, and you isolate two instances?

Edited by Satyriconhome

1 minute ago, martin said:

Am I the only one concerned about Weideman?

Probably, hes  a light KPP who just turned 19. He had  a great start to the year,. Wasnt he leading the VFL goalkicking after the first 5 or 6 rounds?  He was up there anyway

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martin said:

Am I the only one concerned about Weideman?

I am also concerned. Very Lucas Cook at the moment...is barely having an impact at the moment.

Edited by olisik
  • Like 1

Why are you worried about Wiederman?  First year on a list, started back a fair way.  Has shown plenty early.  From the reports, is held in good regard but also given clear development goals and targets.

i think he is not 'Lucas Cook'.  May not get a game this year, but another pre season, some strength and skill development, and I think there is enormous upside.  Looks like he has a lot of talent.

playing with Smith and Hulett in that forward line, there is a lot of competition for the big man role.  Hulett is probably in front of him, but that is OK.  He has time.  Don't cut his lunch quite yet.

• Like 4

How are JKH and Salem going in the DL game?

The Weed is fine.  The last couple of weeks have been shocking conditions for tall forwards.  He's not getting clean ball no the lead and he's still too slight to hold his own in the packs.  Give him a nice clear day with decent conditions where the mids can deliver the ball quickly to him and he'll kick a bag. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Akum said:

Both had good games but there were two passages of play within a few minutes that just showed their limitations.

Michie gets the ball in the clear, runs through the square with the ball, takes a couple of steps too many & nearly gets run down, but enough so that he scrubs the kick over about 30m. So that instead of going to the team-mate's chest it goes to the feet. He can't control it so it rebounds all the way back to Michie & his opponent both lying on the ground. Another player from each side comes in to help. His opponent sizes up the situation & jumps to his feet, with Michie slowly starting to pick himself up. The two Sandy players thus exploit the 2-on-1 & it ends by Michie's opponent Shenton getting a long goal.

Couple of minutes later, a quick ball comes into the forward line about 15m out from goal. BenKen competes for the mark against I think Hulett & his opponent, instead of waiting down. Hulett wins the ball on the ground & does a good handball to BenKen. He's unopposed & in enough space so that if he one-grabs it, he's got a fairly easy snap at goal, but he fumbles it. He's got enough space to pick up the ball & handball it to another teammate, who handballs it back. Again, he fumbles it, and Sandy lock it in, getting another long goal soon after.

It was a scrappy game, a difficult wind, but they both had good games; they're a cut above VFL level. But in a game when it was rare to get any clear ball, they both had great opportunities to make something, but  their basic skills & awareness just weren't up to it. And these two goals brought Sandy back & within a kick.

Watched a bit of the Swans game yesterday and twice Rohan over ran the ball, which if picked up cleanly, would have given the Swans an entry in to the forward 50, there was no excuse for it it was simply skill error.  I doubt he'll be dropped next week.

If every player at Melbourne played 100% every week and didn't make any errors, we would be on top of both ladders and favourites for the flag.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I was being ironic jnr, you now my stance on violence

Don't know your stand on violence. But humour is not allowed in Australia any more lest the thought police get a hold of you...

• Like 1

I must be a B+ troll too because I've watched Weed a few times this year and I'm starting to get worried as well.

He has a nice leap which I've seen at times, but his speed and ground skills have been below par and it is his lack of work off the ball that has seen Hulett go past him.

His decision to not go with a banana kick from an angle today made me worry that he does not have the smarts for this level - given the way the wind was blowing, his attempt was the equivalent of playing a wood out of a bunker and being surprised it didn't have enough height to get out.

Certianly I'm not about to make a big call and say he won't make it because he does have a leap and clearly does not have a body yet to hold his ground, but I've seen enough of him to know that he's got a lot of work to do next year. He missed a lot of last year injured so maybe he's still finding his feet.

As to Olisik's Lucas Cook's comparisons, clearly the Weed has already shown more, but then again Cook was elevated to No.12 pick on the back of Prederghastly's judgement. So maybe they are tracking about the same given the lesser expectation on Cook.