Changes vs. Adelaide

Wiseblood

30 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Is Lynden Dunn available?

T Mac can take one of Tex or Jenkins, but the other one will likely smash O Mac if he were our 2nd key defender

We will struggle to beat a top 8 side if your 2 main key defenders are Oscar and Tom McDonald..

Cringe..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

We will struggle to beat a top 8 side if your 2 main key defenders are Oscar and Tom McDonald..

Cringe..

Getting tiresome. You've made your point. Numerous times.

• Like 5

Noted at Community night, Lynden is fit and ready to go. Roos stated that every year the list is getting younger. 4 first year players each week, possibly to get game into them and injuries to more experienced players. 

RE Adelaide they have to 2 key forwards but from what I saw against the Roos they are seriously quick and move the ball quick. Jacobs will match it with gawn so we need some runners.

I would just pick the freshest team we possibly can, crows have a short break coming off a tough game with North, we can gain a real advantage with Run if we're smart.

I genuinely think we will win this game.

18 minutes ago, Abe said:

I would just pick the freshest team we possibly can, crows have a short break coming off a tough game with North, we can gain a real advantage with Run if we're smart.

A short break of 10 days.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Abe said:

10 days is a short break?

On 6/26/2016 at 6:23 PM, SaberFang said:

10 days is a short break?

Sorry should have said Shorter, in the days of the interchange cap the extra rest our boys have will prove to be an advantage in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Abe said:

Sorry should have said Shorter, in the days of the interchange cap the extra rest our boys have will prove to be an advantage in my opinion.

At least that stupid 'bye' theory from last year has proven folly. 4 of the 6 teams coming off a bye won this weekend, possibly as a result of this year's reduced interchange and the advantage the extra week's rest allowed the team.

But with Adelaide having a ridiculous 10 day break between games (after already having a week off previously; more fixturing genius from the brains trust at AFL HQ) versus our 14 days? It won't even be a factor in the match next week. If anything, we'll need longer to work into the game than Adelaide will.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Is Lynden Dunn available?

T Mac can take one of Tex or Jenkins, but the other one will likely smash O Mac if he were our 2nd key defender

Tmac to Tex and Frost to Jenkins would be the most likely. Frost is stronger than Omac 1 on 1. He could possible match Tex but i like Frost's speed on Jenkins. Omac will be on McGovern I think. Lately we have played a tighter zone which means there tends to be more 1on1s for stopages on the defencive side of the wing. Jetta has stopped betts once before I'll back him to go again. Hunt will possibly need to be accountable for Cameron (an underrated threat imo) he has the pace.

When I look at it I think we match up ok defensivly. If we bring enough pressure to slow them down we have a chance. We can certainly match their midfield and I would hope to win the clearances. Jessie will have his work cut out for him against Talia but we will need Dawes and Watts to stand up forward and clunk a few. There's alot to like about our chances, but if we let them get on the outside they will just be too quick for us. Bring the heat boys, get us that scalp we so desperatly need.

• Like 1

AW   you assume our defenders actually get to play ON the forwards !! :unsure:

Remember,  Tex and Josh  will be introduced to the dreaded deadly diamond !! :rolleyes:

We have a reasonable record against this mob under Roosy. One great win and a reasonable defeat where we kicked ourselves out of it - both over there. 

I reckon we can take it right up them - should be a ripper. A win keeps our slim finals hopes alive. 

2 hours ago, Ricky P said:

We have a reasonable record against this mob under Roosy. One great win and a reasonable defeat where we kicked ourselves out of it - both over there. 

I reckon we can take it right up them - should be a ripper. A win keeps our slim finals hopes alive. 

A win cements our spot as favourites to make the end of season bye round 8th vs 9th play-off. Now we just need the AFL to legislate it.

Completely off topic comments aside, I think We desperately need Brayshaw to return to add to our midfield stocks, we can smash them in the midfield if we put a hard tag on Sloane. Physically target him as well. It will go along way to beating a side that doesn't have an amazing form record when they're playing away. Maybe we should look at re-training some of our mids to play a defensive roll if called upon so we have a more mobile defence like the Doggies. Jenkins, Lynch and Walker: We only need one of Wagner/Frost/Omac and we can bring back Dunn and give him a crack. He has a lot to prove and play for. 

What about Mitch White?

Edited by johndemons

crows dedicating this game to Walsh.....marvee

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Typical I reckon. We always seem to come up against teams with something to play for. Although we did beat Richmond last year.

5 minutes ago, deanox said:

Typical I reckon. We always seem to come up against teams with something to play for. Although we did beat Richmond last year.

yeah...that was Ninethmond  Here we have the Crows  with some purpose. 

Well game on I spose

The mid field battle will decide the outcome of this game we need to win this battle so the Crow's don't get quick delivery into their forward's and we need someone, any one to stay back in their forward fifty. I cannot see Lynden getting a game just yet he would be a tad rusty. We need to go in as if we were playing the Pies or Tigers!!! - Go Dee's

3 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Been in Adelaide recently, very strong emotion about this, supporters really feel this is something important to play for. Walshie was a respected and loved person. 

Have no doubt Earnest. No doubt 

• Like 1

The more this week unfolds, the more unsure I am of how best to approach Adelaide. Their forward play is brilliant to watch, defense effective, and midfield has large very experienced bodies. We are a very good contested marking team now but so are the Crows. 

I sense a really close game, with our inexperience possibly costing us in key moments being the difference. Maybe bring in Garlett and Brayshaw and try to win it with outside pace? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hemingway said:

Been in Adelaide recently, very strong emotion about this, supporters really feel this is something important to play for. Walshie was a respected and loved person. 

So was Tommy Hafey but we beat the Toiges

21 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

So was Tommy Hafey but we beat the Toiges

Not saying we will lose, just that the Phil Walshe anniversary is a big deal. It's like a death in a country town. And yes, Adelaide and SA is a big country town.  It touches more people and they are more connected than in big city like Melbourne. Also would not compare the Toiges with the class of the current Crows outfit. Irrespective of the reasons I like the positive thinking junior.

• Like 3

Could be worse, could be in Adelaide !!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Could be worse, could be in Adelaide !!

We often get teams that only get to play at the MCG once or twice a year. They gee themselves up for it which is one of the reasons why have been beaten by interstate teams at the G in the past.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, beelzebub said:

AW   you assume our defenders actually get to play ON the forwards !! :unsure:

Remember,  Tex and Josh  will be introduced to the dreaded deadly diamond !! :rolleyes:

I have been watching the diamond closely and the zone has become almost 1 on 1 for stoppages behind centre. More often than not they will have a particular man they are on when the ball is back and they have space when the ball is forward. Yes, we get caught out of position and be forced to rotate when there is quick coast to coast movement but there is more accountability for each individual defender than there was earlier in the season. 

13 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Crows might be mentally rattled in the first qtr as their minds are elsewhere.

We need to hit them hard and put scoreboard pressure on them early.

Is Jetta a genuine chance to be dropped? Would seem harsh given his very good season up until recently, but they did drop Garlett after 2 poor performances. My theory on Jetta's drop in form is that he's contemplating offers from other clubs.