• Podcast:     

• Podcast:     

Burgo loves Grimes. Always spympathetic to his omission at the selection table in his articles and even asked about him in the latest Roos views video. 

If he really was out of favour would burgo be allowed to keep harping on about it?

Eithet way i get a good chuckle from reading that Grimes has been on the cusp of selection in every second article on the mfc website!

9 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

I don't find it particularly funny.  I'm not a great fan of Grimes but his form at Casey has been outstanding & he deserves an opportunity.   I don't think it does much for the integrity of the Club or the playing group if good form is not rewarded.

There's no spot for him in the 22. Who would he replace? And don't say one of our speedy half forwards, because he doesn't have the pace or the nouse. He's had 98 chances and has only shown he's not good enough. I'm sorry. He seems like a lovely, professional bloke, but his inability to break into the side only says good things about the direction of our playing list.

• Like 4

Has anyone noticed his constant nodding when people make eye contact with him? It's really, really annoying.

Doubly so because you get the impression he's not even listening to their answers; there's never any follow-up questions either.

Edited by SaberFang

He is a media person who is gushing in his endorsement of all things Melbourne. He is paid by the club, what do you expect!

Every story is "Gushing" some, to the point of vomitous!!

Edited by picket fence
2 hours ago, picket fence said:

He is a media person who is gushing in his endorsement of all things Melbourne. He is paid by the club, what do you expect!

Every story is "Gushing" some, to the point of vomitous!!

You would certainly know about writing induced vomiting Picket    you and others typical of attacking somebody who is not in a positiom to defend himself    pathetic springs to mind   and yes I know Burgo personally  gushing is certainly better than constantly whingeing and whining   you really do need to get out more

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

Maybe Burgo can write a few editorial puff pieces or ask the same stupid question in an interview. "So Grimesy, what's it been like for out there for you?" Inane.

Edited by dee-tox

I hope they keep Grimes because he's competent and a good depth player. Not great, but a good clubman who until we can improve our depth stocks, should stick around.

As for Burgs, he has to tow the club line. He is essentially PR, not really "media". He is mostly objective with the occasional optimistic op-ed.

Edited by praha
1 hour ago, praha said:

I hope they keep Grimes because he's competent and a good depth player. Not great, but a good clubman who until we can improve our depth stocks, should stick around.

As for Burgs, he has to tow the club line. He is essentially PR, not really "media". He is mostly objective with the occasional optimistic op-ed.

He also has to toe the Club line!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lampers said:

Has anyone who is being critical actually sent feedback to the club/Burgo?

What exactly is it that a club employee paid to write positive content to drive hits on a website should be doing differently?

Meh, what's the point of providing feedback on it? The guy is doing his best and it's not really a make or break issue.

I don't even read Burgo's articles as they are just a couple of sentences with the rest comprising quotes from interviews I can watch for myself.

As for his interviewing, I even found Robbo to be better at that. He is more engaging and able to extract a bit of insight and personality out of the players.

Burgo is vanilla sponge cake when it comes to his media role. Whether or not that is a good thing is up to the individual.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lampers said:

What exactly is it that a club employee paid to write positive content to drive hits on a website should be doing differently?

Don't be silly that would need them to put their name to it, easier to hide behind a keyboard

• Like 2
20 hours ago, P-man said:

Meh, what's the point of providing feedback on it? The guy is doing his best and it's not really a make or break issue.

I don't even read Burgo's articles as they are just a couple of sentences with the rest comprising quotes from interviews I can watch for myself.

As for his interviewing, I even found Robbo to be better at that. He is more engaging and able to extract a bit of insight and personality out of the players.

Burgo is vanilla sponge cake when it comes to his media role. Whether or not that is a good thing is up to the individual.

You just provided feedback on a public forum :P

Just sayin'

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 8:13 PM, DemonWA said:

Burgo loves Grimes. Always spympathetic to his omission at the selection table in his articles and even asked about him in the latest Roos views video. 

If he really was out of favour would burgo be allowed to keep harping on about it?

Eithet way i get a good chuckle from reading that Grimes has been on the cusp of selection in every second article on the mfc website!

It's the same stuff on every team's website that plays some form of professional sport.  Check out the sites for EPL, NFL, NBA... it's all the same sort of stuff.

It's better than 'Whiteboard Wednesday's' at any rate.

22 hours ago, Lampers said:

Absolutely right! If you want cutting, critical commentary or analysis then you can listen to or read 'Damo, Kingy or Caro'.

It would be great to have Burgo's critics put forward the questions they would ask in the interviews, so Demonlanders could know how the job should be done.

Robbo and Burgo are both cringe inducing.

The "entertainment and prizes game experience enhancement"

is as enjoyable as a lumbar puncture.

Burgos riveting interviews make me want to staple my eyelids and ears up in protest. 

I don't know who is worse.

I last watched a Burgs I/V when he spoke to Chip Frawley, who mumbled incoherent sh!t and stared at the floor.

i wanted Burgs to punch him hard as it was plain to see what was going to happen. 

But he didn't. He was just "nice" Burgs..

18 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I last watched a Burgs I/V when he spoke to Chip Frawley, who mumbled incoherent sh!t and stared at the floor.

i wanted Burgs to punch him hard as it was plain to see what was going to happen. 

But he didn't. He was just "nice" Burgs..

As I mentioned above, he's not really playing the role of "journalist", it's PR. He's going to toe the club line.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.