The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

I know we shouldn't expect the media to publish every family members story but how come it hasnt been said in the media about his dad. I didn't have a clue his dad is sick. 

If he hasnt signed half through the season I reckon he will go. But Im already sick of the speculation and the media stories. 

19 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Balls to all of this. He is ours for at least 2017. If he wants to go after that then let him walk into the draft and see how he likes Brisbane. I don't care if it costs us but the one thing I wouldn't do is facilitate a trade back home. Not coz I'm a cold hearted bastard (even though I am) but to send a message that if you want to go then go, but good luck enjoying life in the worst team we can find. Same applies to all required players

I'll take the hit. Messages to the players are better than draft pics

Interesting perspective. It would be nice to see the MFC stand up tall. Goodwin has a chance right now to set the bar

5 minutes ago, binman said:

We have had a number of posters on DL confirming his Dad is very sick, Pennant St Dee being one and i've never sen anyone question his credibility (and nor would i). 

To be frank i'm amazed at the tone of some of the comments surrounding Hogan, particularly those that are clearly skeptical of his motives and those demanding he make a call. For Pete's sake give the kid a break 

I don't doubt Pennant either and I don't doubt that Jesse's father is ill.

I do doubt GNF's claim that that is the reason Jesse will go back to WA (and the claim that if he does we get Fyfe).

I'm usually in agreement with your thoughts but on this one we have a different opinion, binman.  Just the way I see it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

You'd know about [censored] posting. You are the king of it, SJW.

But for others there I'll state my position. I think he will stay. I think he will see we are building something nice. But if he wants to go he goes on our terms. Not his. No player is bigger than the club. Stay, go, but don't expect us to help out your dreams. Your dreams are here or if the aren't then we forget your name.

Are you drunk? Why start off with such a personal attack when my post contained no such thing.

Please explain to me how him leaving on "our terms" (meaning we get NOTHING in return) is beneficial for us?

49 minutes ago, praha said:

If it's extended out and he doesn't re-sign, we're at a massive disadvantage next year. If WC and Freo are prepared to deal now and with teams like GC and Essendon looking to deal, it is the best time to get this sorted. We lose out massive if we don't sort this before the 2017 season, because if he stays and then doesn't sign, we stand to get much less than we could this year.

Praha I was referring to u mentioning that it need to be sorted before Christmas. 

It needs to be sorted during this trade period. 

I think u may have misunderstood what I was referring to.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

Jon Ralph: At the start of the week, there was a 0% chance Jesse Hogan would leave this offseason. Now 10-12%, enough to worry Melbourne

This is ridiculous. I've said it many times, but Jon Ralph doesn't half talk sh!t.

• Like 3

Did he actually say he wants to wait until next season to see the direction both clubs are heading in,  or is that just speculation. It doesn't make sense. Anybody can see the direction were heading. He either wants to stay,  or he wants to go for family ressons; either way,  that's a decision that could and should be made now. 

Towait until next season and then decide to leave,  Jesse will be screwing himself,  and deliberately screwing us. I'm sure he wouldn't do that. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse Christ said:

Did he actually say he wants to wait until next season to see the direction both clubs are heading in,  or is that just speculation. It doesn't make sense. Anybody can see the direction were heading. He either wants to stay,  or he wants to go for family ressons; either way,  that's a decision that could and should be made now. 

Towait until next season and then decide to leave,  Jesse will be screwing himself,  and deliberately screwing us. I'm sure he wouldn't do that. 

There is BS being fed from somewhere. But as it all seems to have ramped up in the last 48 hours I would now say we will have an answer very soon

i think Jesse owes that to the new coach. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, binman said:

We have had a number of posters on DL confirming his Dad is very sick, Pennant St Dee being one and i've never sen anyone question his credibility (and nor would i). 

To be frank i'm amazed at the tone of some of the comments surrounding Hogan, particularly those that are clearly skeptical of his motives and those demanding he make a call. For Pete's sake give the kid a break 

This^

I am taking the minority view that there are legitimate reasons for a delay and that Hogan is battling emotional pulls. I suspect very few of of have faced a similar dilema and it would challenge anyone. Yet we jump in with demands and bravado with no personal consequeces stating he must do this....the club must do that (and by the way, did you know Essendon players took drugs?) .... FFS get a life!  It's not as if Hogan said Jehova! (apologies Monty Python)

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been posted already..

West Coast interested in poaching Jesse Hogan from Melbourne

WEST Coast wants to poach Melbourne’s Jesse Hogan in a bid to form the game’s most damaging key forward combination alongside gun spearhead Josh Kennedy.

In a worrying development for the Demons, West Coast confirmed on Saturday their long-held interest in landing Hogan when his contract expires next season.

And the Eagles are also waiting on North Melbourne veteran forward Drew Petrie to make a call on whether he would consider extending his career in the west next season.

Fremantle is also a keen suitor for the prized Hogan, meaning Melbourne will have to fight off rich offers from both of the Western Australian clubs to keep the Rising Star winner beyond 2017.

Industry sources say Hogan, 21, could command as much as $1.5 million a season over at least seven years on his next deal.

The Herald Sun understands Melbourne is keen to re-sign Hogan before the start of next season and do not want his contract to become a distraction next year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...7/news-story/2598a66bad8fd3935b57c261a7c6bd5a

Edited by Grapeviney
Please don't publish the full text of articles - it's a breach of copyright and could land the site's owners in trouble.

3 minutes ago, Crystal Dees said:

This^

I am taking the minority view that there are legitimate reasons for a delay and that Hogan is battling emotional pulls. I suspect very few of of have faced a similar dilema and it would challenge anyone. Yet we jump in with demands and bravado with no personal consequeces stating he must do this....the club must do that (and by the way, did you know Essendon players took drugs?) .... FFS get a life!  It's not as if Hogan said Jehova! (apologies Monty Python)

No one's demanding an answer now, but he's got until trade week.  That's 4 weeks (?)  away, plus however many weeks he's been mulling over it already. Ffs,  all emotion aside, you either want to go home, or you want to stay. You talk with coaches, family and friends,  take many nights to sleep on it, put on your big boy pants and make a call. People are making out like we're pressuring him,  quite the contrary, we have been very accounting and understanding,  but this will not run into next year, and we will not be screwed! 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Jesse Christ said:

No one's demanding an answer now, but he's got until trade week.  That's 4 weeks (?)  away, plus however many weeks he's been mulling over it already. Ffs,  all emotion aside, you either want to go home, or you want to stay. You talk with coaches, family and friends,  take many nights to sleep on it, put on your big boy pants and make a call. People are making out like we're pressuring him,  quite the contrary, we have been very accounting and understanding,  but this will not run into next year, and we will not be screwed! 

As I said, I'm basing my comments on there being truth in the posts re his father. If they are not true then I would have a different view. What concerns me is the vitriol being shown from some, who like me, don't know. That's what I find frustrating.

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

Caro, Matthews and others were discussing Hogan on 3AW today. 

Caro thought he was gone and others thought 50/50 but all based on speculation rather than "facts". 

They then discussed why he would want to go back home. They talked of all the usual WA stuff and even a thought that Jesse was a "different cat", but not once was there any mention of illness or any other issues in the family. Not even any broad generalisations in that direction. 

That struck me a strange because surely journos get a lot more info than we do. OK, they may have a pact to not talk about it out of respect to the family but if so why go to lengths to discuss other reasons? Why not just skip the reasons? 

It just didn't make much sense to me ... anyway make what you want out of it.

Just a cold bunch of sycophants. Distribution oath before ethics principles. I told my five sons to follow their feelings. It's their lives not mine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tough Kent said:

Jon Ralph: At the start of the week, there was a 0% chance Jesse Hogan would leave this offseason. Now 10-12%, enough to worry Melbourne

How does one specify a 10-12% chance in this case? I'd love to see his calculations.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Sure fire way to get a bigger contract, get a couple of clubs chasing you. 

That's an odd comment Red.

While I agree with the gist of it, why on earth would Hogan's camp need to play games like that? The kid is a budding superstar key forward.

All clubs move heaven and earth to nab players like that. It's hardly likely that we would need to be spurred into action by other clubs in order to offer him a fat contract.

Edited by faultydet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, faultydet said:

That's an odd comment Red.

While I agree with the gist of it, why on earth would Hogan's camp need to play games like that? The kid is a budding superstar key forward.

All clubs move heaven and earth to nab players like that. It's hardly likely that we would need to be spurred into action by other clubs in order to offer him a fat contract.

Let's say he has decided to stay and we have indicated a price, his manager may have said he can get more by drumming up more interest. That is what Managers are paid to do. 

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I don't doubt Pennant either and I don't doubt that Jesse's father is ill.

I do doubt GNF's claim that that is the reason Jesse will go back to WA (and the claim that if he does we get Fyfe).

I'm usually in agreement with your thoughts but on this one we have a different opinion, binman.  Just the way I see it.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Redleg said:

Let's say he has decided to stay and we have indicated a price, his manager may have said he can get more by drumming up more interest. That is what Managers are paid to do. 

Yes they are, no doubt, but do you really think we haven't offered our best offer already?

I'd personally be mildly surprised if we haven't, or at least gone very very close.

8 hours ago, Jesse Christ said:

No one's demanding an answer now, but he's got until trade week.  That's 4 weeks (?)  away, plus however many weeks he's been mulling over it already. 

No he doesn't. He has a contract for 2017. He has every right to wait as long as he wants to make a decision (well at least until latish next year when his contract expires) - even if that annoys DL posters.  

• Like 2

Plenty of AFL players decide to return to a club in their home state. If he decides to go we just need to make sure we get the best compensation possible. Both the Eagles and the Dockers will be desperate to recruit him. Josh FF Kennedy will be 30 next year. Freo are a key forward free zone. Competition is always a good thing.

I am confident that our rebuild has reached a point where one player leaving will not be viewed as a catastrophe and where we are an attractive destination for players to come to.

I am gonna tune out of the endless media waffling that will ensue until he makes a decision.