The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

Plus the fact the CBA may be substantially altered, in light of the prospect of the new TV rights deal.  This is something that the AFLPA is working feverishly on.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

52 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

I'm afraid this shows an enormous lack of understanding about the CBA.

The "waiting for the CBA to be negotiated and announced" excuse is a complete furphy.

In every player's contract there are a number of clauses. The clause that players signing a new deal this year have inserted is a simple "if the salary cap goes up by x amount, my contract will increase commensurately". This is extremely straightforward.

I think and hope Hogan will stay but "he's just waiting for the CBA to be announced" is just plain wrong, a complete red herring.

So we can take it that you have negotiated and signed an AFL player contract or either are or have been a player manager?

No point complaining about him not signing yet, they said talks were off till the end of the year and we can hold them to that.

If he hasn't signed by early next year I'd be very worried, and if he is still unsigned by round 1 2017 he is gone. Until then, no point getting worried as it is out of our control and we won't get news till October at earliest.

57 minutes ago, Hellfish said:

So we can take it that you have negotiated and signed an AFL player contract or either are or have been a player manager?

Nope. But one of my best mates plays for Geelong and I was talking with him about this exact issue over the weekend.

16 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Nope. But one of my best mates plays for Geelong and I was talking with him about this exact issue over the weekend.

Does your mate at the cattery have any"industry" info on what our great man may do?

Also would you commit to this club when we have had so many false dawns?

I think he is genuinely unsure and thats completely fine its a big decision

51 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

yeah you can just negotiate a contract in todays dollars and index an increase linked to the CBA. it needs to be water tight though to know what its linked to, as money gets allocated to different buckets. we just need to keep improving to keep him. and getting a gun player in would help.

2 hours ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Does your mate at the cattery have any"industry" info on what our great man may do?

Unfortunately not mate, says he has no idea. He reckons we've gone from a place nobody wants to go to one of the most desirable clubs in Victoria, which isn't exactly groundbreaking but still good to hear.

He also swears black and blue that Clark is a good bloke, which I can't have.

Edited by Members' Wing
  • Like 11

55 minutes ago, Members' Wing said:

Unfortunately not mate, says he has no idea. He reckons we've gone from a place nobody wants to go to one of the most desirable clubs in Victoria, which isn't exactly groundbreaking but still good to hear.

He also swears black and blue that Clark is a good bloke, which I can't have.

I vomited a little bit in my mouth just then -_-

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Melb16 said:

'Gone, gone, gone!!!'........ 'He'll go'........ followed up by 'It's just my instinct'

Why use that language unless you know something? It serves 3 lame purposes:

1. Makes you feel better
2. Contributes to others' panic
3. If he does go, you'll go around spruiking that you were right all along when really you knew nothing and were only trying to make yourself feel better.

Of course, if he stays, everyone is happy and no one remembers any of the negative Nancy's. A win-win for you and others alike.

Sorry i upset you by stating what I think will happen. I'll go to the forum instead..........oh wait, I'm here

• Like 2

On 30 June 2016 at 4:25 PM, Abe said:

Also would you commit to this club when we have had so many false dawns?

I think he is genuinely unsure and thats completely fine its a big decision

I seriously doubt this would carry any weight whatsoever with players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

I seriously doubt this would carry any weight whatsoever with players.

Has no bearing at all. Don't understand why the past always has to be brought up in every contract discussion.. Hogan would know what goes on behind closed doors and the plans Goodwin has. He would have seen all the hard work been put in.

If Hogan leaves it will be for only one reason and thats family. His old man is not well.

On 30 June 2016 at 1:56 PM, Members' Wing said:
1 hour ago, hells bells said:

How do you know this DD36? I've seen it on Demonland but not actually heard or read it on any official channels or in the mainstream media.

Tis true, someone from melb has confirmed this to me.....BUT.....its the reason why they DONT want him to go back home, especially his mum. This is why i think he'll wait to see if there is a reduction on the years for free agency before he commits to length rather than it being about money. Thats not to say he wont be here for even longer past the next contract. Dont be surprised if its only a 2 year extension if free agency is reduced to 6 years, ill happily take that, if were not a top 4 team in 3 years then i wouldnt blame him leaving

Edited by Sweet Puff
  • Like 1

As long as we keep improving on and off the field, and around this time next year look good for a chance at finals, I think he'll stay. No use him signing a contract too early, and besides, if he went back to WA, his footy career might be shorten by a few years from plane travel every second week. ?

Besides the hypothesising about whether the pull of home will sway him to leave, what concerns me more at the moment is his form.  Maybe its my imagination and I know he cops a great deal of close checking from the opposition, but to me, he just does not seem to be switched on.  I hope it is only my imagination 

9 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Besides the hypothesising about whether the pull of home will sway him to leave, what concerns me more at the moment is his form.  Maybe its my imagination and I know he cops a great deal of close checking from the opposition, but to me, he just does not seem to be switched on.  I hope it is only my imagination 

He's on track to kick the most goals in a season since Neitz retired.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Form my ass! FMD The kid is 21 years old and carrying out forward line whos on track to kick 50 goals in just his 2nd year of AFL football. 

He is still maturing and alot of growing up to do but that comes with more games and more experience. He is close to becoming one of the competitions best forwards.

Amazing how some continue to pot him yet he has exceeded my expectation on him already this year. I don't blame him for getting frustrated at teamates especailly when they cannot hit him 20m out in front like yesterday.

He is doing fine. Even on a bad day he still hits the scoreboard and continues to provide an option.

Just be appreciative of what we have on our hands. Besides you could have worse and have Tom Boyd on your team belting teamates..

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, iv'a worn smith said:

Are you joking??? He is 7th on the league goal kicking list, is on the same amount of goals as Tex Walker and has kicked more goals than Hawkins and Gunston.  

I would hate to see if he was switched on

• Like 4