The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

15 hours ago, Members' Wing said:

Probably not fair to lump them all in the same basket mate!

Would be like a sandgroper saying they don't trust Victorian journos because of Barrett.

As I said above, Gossage has been consistent in his view that Hogan will stay. According to my good mate in Perth, he is a far more respected journo than the likes of Scott Cummings, Langdon and Hardie who are borderline comedy figures. In the SEN interview he was absolutely unequivocal that Hogan will stay.

Would be like a sandgroper  anyone saying they don't trust Victorian journos because of Barrett what journos say.

Journos are in the entertainment business, they sell advertising FCS. I put more faith in what a taxi driver tells me and that is not much.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AdamFarr said:

I actually think both would have stayed had we showed we wanted them. I'm glad we didn't want either, although Frawley would be handy now.

I can't make sense of that bolded part about not wanting Frawley.

I'm shattered we lost Frawley and his absence is going some way in costing us games of footy with our leaky defence.

Frawley killed Hogan on the weekend, and I can't recall a game of where he's been defeated at Hawthorn.

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I'm shattered we lost Frawley and his absence is going some way in costing us games of footy with our leaky defence.

Frawley killed Hogan on the weekend, and I can't recall a game of where he's been defeated at Hawthorn.

Yeah he was greatly underrated in his last couple of years at MFC and the wider footy community didn't realise what a bargain the Hawks were getting and what we were losing. Unfortunately his attitude at the Demons in his last 2 years showed he didn't want to hang around and could you really blame him considering what he'd been through with us? Roughead was on the Junktime podcast earlier this year and said while he's been at the Hawks for over a decade he's had one coach. Frawley after moving to the Hawks has had 9 since 2007 (Daniher, Riley, Bailey, Viney, Neeld, Craig, Roos, Clarkson, Bolton)

23 hours ago, Generation dee said:

To be honest, it would have been easy to walk away from the Melbourne footy club in 2013 in hindsight. Be it him or whoever else wanted to leave. Now, I think you'd have to be slightly pushed to even consider leaving. 

The general closeness of this group is something not seen at many other clubs. I know for a fact from one of my Collingwood playing associates the he can only wish the Magpies were as tight knit as the demons are.

Jeremy? ;)

Edited by AdamFarr

54 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

PLease. The weekend was not a game for marking fwds. Much better and easier for defenders.

As for bad games, Ask the Hawk fans what he was like in his first year. He was terrible. Your recollection isn't very good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

How do you feel about getting Brayshaw? Whilst he's not playing at the moment I bet the footy dept would make that deal all over again if given the choice.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2016 at 10:05 AM, jnrmac said:

PLease. The weekend was not a game for marking fwds. Much better and easier for defenders.

As for bad games, Ask the Hawk fans what he was like in his first year. He was terrible. Your recollection isn't very good.

To be fair to Chip, he did play very well in the finals and absolutely smashed Kennedy in the GF and in my opinion would have been a worthy Norm smith medalist if he had won it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, fndee said:

How do you feel about getting Brayshaw? Whilst he's not playing at the moment I bet the footy dept would make that deal all over again if given the choice.

Not so sure now, Brayshaw might be facing a limited future in the game.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:39 AM, old dee said:

Speaking of, he's due back in the VFL this week isn't he?

11 hours ago, Generation dee said:

To be honest, it would have been easy to walk away from the Melbourne footy club in 2013 in hindsight. Be it him or whoever else wanted to leave. Now, I think you'd have to be slightly pushed to even consider leaving. 

The general closeness of this group is something not seen at many other clubs. I know for a fact from one of my Collingwood playing associates the he can only wish the Magpies were as tight knit as the demons are.

That's an extremely interesting comment...

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah he was greatly underrated in his last couple of years at MFC and the wider footy community didn't realise what a bargain the Hawks were getting and what we were losing. Unfortunately his attitude at the Demons in his last 2 years showed he didn't want to hang around and could you really blame him considering what he'd been through with us? Roughead was on the Junktime podcast earlier this year and said while he's been at the Hawks for over a decade he's had one coach. Frawley after moving to the Hawks has had 9 since 2007 (Daniher, Riley, Bailey, Viney, Neeld, Craig, Roos, Clarkson, Bolton)

We did get pick 3 for him - I don't think anybody was underrating him, especially not me. If he'd landed at Hawthorn earlier, he would consistently be an AA full back and always looked like he would be. But even with the uncertainty around Brayshaw, we would do it again I reckon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

That's an extremely interesting comment...

By going through the hard times, it would make the good times all the more worth it. We just need to improve and build as a group. MFC has identified the nucleus of the team that they want to take them forward, it is starting to rely less on players such as Jones having to be the best player on the ground, and he can focus on being a leading the team to greater things. Hogan knows this, and I'm pretty confident that his intentions are to stay, and I don't begrudge him waiting until the new bargaining arrangement has been resolved between the AFLPA and the AFL before committing. Once that's sorted, I'd be amazed if TMac, Hogan and Watts aren't signing up soon afterwards.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah was very confident both Frawley and Howe were goner. Think Howe was pushed as much as jumped to be honest.

Absolutely agree. With both Howe and Sylvia I have this video going in my head of Roos mouthing the words "he is a valuable member of the team and a required player of the Melbourne Football Club" whilst quietly un-packing and neatly folding away the footy gear from locker no.s 12 & 38 

Edited by fndee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Anything is possible, but I'm glad I'm not wired to think the way you do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fndee said:

I'd rather Frawley than Brayshaw and not because of his concussion issues.

Frawley is an outstanding key defender who rarely has goals kicked on him. Players like him are worth their weight in gold. Especially given these days when our defenders are getting slaughtered by your Dixons and Joe Danihers of the world.

I can only assume Frawley gave up on the Dees rather than the Dees giving up on Frawley.

On 6/8/2016 at 1:03 PM, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I'd rather Frawley than Brayshaw and not because of his concussion issues.

Frawley is an outstanding key defender who rarely has goals kicked on him. Players like him are worth their weight in gold. Especially given these days when our defenders are getting slaughtered by your Dixons and Joe Danihers of the world.

I can only assume Frawley gave up on the Dees rather than the Dees giving up on Frawley.

I think you could mount a strong argument that with Frawley in the side we might have won an extra 4-5 games in the last two years, doubt cloke would have kicked 7 straight on chip last queens birthday for example.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Abe said:

I think you could mount a strong argument that with Frawley in the side we might have won an extra 4-5 games in the last two years, doubt cloke would have kicked 7 straight on chip last queens birthday for example.

yep.

Frawley was one of the best players in a GF win.

It does not come much better than that.

26 minutes ago, old dee said:

Prefer to live in Fairyland PD?

There are so many shades of grey and nuances in between it's not funny, Old.

I'm just glad your default position is about number 8 on my list.

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

There are so many shades of grey and nuances in between it's not funny, Old.

I'm just glad your default position is about number 8 on my list.

Each to his own PD enjoy life it goes too rapidly to do anything else.

16 hours ago, Abe said:

I was the same with Frawley to be honest, thought he was gone a fair way out, having said that i thought Howe would stay so 50/50 isn't bad?

Frawley would be a valuable addition to our current back half, but only if he wanted to be there!  I reckon you could tell from his general on-field demeanor in his last season that his heart wasn't in it.  Same applies, but even more so, for Howe.  I'm clutching at straws perhaps, but I'm definitely not seeing that with Hogan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

Frawley would be a valuable addition to our current back half, but only if he wanted to be there!  I reckon you could tell from his general on-field demeanor in his last season that his heart wasn't in it.  Same applies, but even more so, for Howe.  I'm clutching at straws perhaps, but I'm definitely not seeing that with Hogan.

Hogan also isn't in his last year of his contract either.

Edited by AzzKikA

22 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Gossage is a Saints man working in WA

I would believe his word more than others on Perth radio

Gossage is WA born and bred died in the wool Subiaco supporter whose favourite Lion was George Young hence his choice of following the Saints when George moved to St Kilda.

He knows which side his bread is buttered on, he has been wrong many times but he does have close contacts down at the Port so he may know something   

• Like 3