GAMEDAY - Round 1

Whispering_Jack

1 minute ago, stuie said:

So this is what it's like to be truly "up and about" as a supporter base. 'Land and MFC related social media are buzzing today, and it's different to previous season openers, there's this real sense of enjoyment among Dees fans, whereas normally it would only be nervous anticipation and extremely cautious optimism.

It's certainly noticeable, though I'm certain if we lose today the feeling will revert for next week vs Essendon.

It's like Nasher said: I'm at the point as a supporter now where I want to leave the ground after a win and feel like that was the right result, not feeling some sort of pleasant surprise or relief.

• Like 3

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 hour ago, MarkMacca said:

At Castlemaine station on the way to the G, woke an hour before dawn. Full moon energy as well as the first game excitement. With my keen 14 year old son. Thinking of my one eyed demon father who was still alive when last season started. ...

3 generations of red and blue right there. That's what I love about footy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

It's certainly noticeable, though I'm certain if we lose today the feeling will revert for next week vs Essendon.

It's like Nasher said: I'm at the point as a supporter now where I want to leave the ground after a win and feel like that was the right result, not feeling some sort of pleasant surprise or relief.

I'm not so sure. I think we'd be disappointed with a loss, but just like Roos has gradually built the team I think our confidence has gradually built as well and we wouldn't be having a panic like previous years.

2 hours ago, mrtwister said:

Have been looking forward to this game for a while now. Unfortunately, our boys and I have been stopped at the front door by my life manager*. We have been told that Easter comes once a year and that we are not wasting any part of this weekend sitting down watching football. She has not decided on what we ARE doing, but has certainly decided what we ARE NOT doing. sigh

I hope we win of course, but I hope it's a dull, boring and lifeless Fremantle style win so we don't miss too much.

*-aka wife

are you serious? stand up for yourself and be a man FCS

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, KrazyJay said:

Stupid question time...

signed up for afl live pass as a Telstra customer and I know you can watch live games on phone/tablet but can you watch games live through the afl website also?

Unfortunately not Jay, for some ridiculous reason it's only available through iPad and iPhone. I think its a licensing thing. Foxtel know that people will just get the live pass and hook their pc up to the tv... Which is what I'd love to do today, but it's the iPad for me.

1 hour ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Just gave my neighbours in Cronulla an education in what Mike Brady sounds like. 

That's funny....have a Shark Swans nephew in Cronulla who I like to rag. Hopefully he heard you :)

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

are you serious? stand up for yourself and be a man FCS

Sexism right there. Expect better from y Mr C&B.

vandenBerg on the club's snapchat getting a rubdown. Looks like he'll be playing despite the rumours. Super important for us.

Edited by Scythe

2 minutes ago, Scythe said:

vandenBerg on the club's snapchat getting a rubdown. Looks like he'll be playing despite the rumours. Super important for us.

Snapchat account name please

7 minutes ago, watchtheeyes said:

Unfortunately not Jay, for some ridiculous reason it's only available through iPad and iPhone. I think its a licensing thing. Foxtel know that people will just get the live pass and hook their pc up to the tv... Which is what I'd love to do today, but it's the iPad for me.

Thought so ? iPad it is then... Enjoy the data usage boss! ??

1 minute ago, Maple Demon said:

Figure crowd will be around 33 000 to 35 000. 37 000 max.

20,000-22,000 I'd say. I'll be shocked if we break 25k. 

On train to the G. plenty of dees supporters. lots of nervous energy. Love round 1. Hopefully a great match and we make a statement. Rip into em boys!

2 hours ago, Ouch! said:

Watching today's games in between chores and family commitments. Hoping for a good win today and another next week, before getting to seeing the Dee's playing down here in Tassie at Blundstone for round 3... Haven't seen a live game for a few years, and with a bit of confidence, and some momentum it should be a ripper!

Be my first Dees live game since 2007. Very much looking forward to it.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, KrazyJay said:

Thought so ? iPad it is then... Enjoy the data usage boss! ??

FWIW I believe you can still screen share with a chrome cast your tablet or phones screen to a TV screen... maybe not the best quality but makes the PC to TV thing Foxtel is trying to avoid kind of redundant.