MFC injury list - 2016

Chelly

We can cover it, why even risk him? Keep him on ice and get him ready for QB. We are always horrible after the NT match so we should be resting and rotating players heavily over the next 3 weeks to avoid another Saints disaster.

1 minute ago, SaberFang said:

We can cover it, why even risk him? Keep him on ice and get him ready for QB. We are always horrible after the NT match so we should be resting and rotating players heavily over the next 3 weeks to avoid another Saints disaster.

Last time he had a week off he had to come back through Casey. I don't think it would be as simple as not risking him this time around, the kid is probably desperate to hold his spot. Playing through niggles is a part of football. If the corkie isn't that bad he should be given every opportunity to play.

6 hours ago, doc roet said:

From the article, the two omissions from illness are back available and JKH is also ready but will have to miss out again because of the bye for most VFL clubs.

Melbourne injury list: round 10

Angus Brayshaw (concussion) – 3 weeks

Matt Jones (back) – 1 week

Jay Kennedy-Harris (hamstring) – available

Heritier Lumumba (concussion) – TBC

Clayton Oliver (corked thigh) – test

Cameron Pedersen (illness) – available

Christian Salem (illness) – TBC

Dom Tyson (illness) – available

Round 10 of an AFL season: outside of King, a developing ruck project, we essentially have a full injury-free list. This has to be a first for any team, right?

*Please note: I understand concussion is a serious condition. But you get my drift.

21 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Round 10 of an AFL season: outside of King, a developing ruck project, we essentially have a full injury-free list. This has to be a first for any team, right?

*Please note: I understand concussion is a serious condition. But you get my drift.

You don't rate Salem, Lumumba or Brayshaw? None of them will be playing this week, Brayshaw won't be back at AFL level for at least a month and Salem could be out for 3 months if the worst case scenario happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chelly said:

From the article, the two omissions from illness are back available and JKH is also ready but will have to miss out again because of the bye for most VFL clubs.

Melbourne injury list: round 10

Angus Brayshaw (concussion) – 3 weeks

Matt Jones (back) – 1 week

Jay Kennedy-Harris (hamstring) – available

Heritier Lumumba (concussion) – TBC

Clayton Oliver (corked thigh) – test

Cameron Pedersen (illness) – available

Christian Salem (illness) – TBC

Dom Tyson (illness) – available

Just trying to piece things together...Matt Jones has a back injury. Elsewhere (but perhaps not officially) I've read he has had a "dislocated rib". Should we infer that his damaged rib is at the back? 

24 minutes ago, stuie said:

You don't rate Salem, Lumumba or Brayshaw? None of them will be playing this week, Brayshaw won't be back at AFL level for at least a month and Salem could be out for 3 months if the worst case scenario happens.

C'mon Stuie. I'm sure you can find something more worthwhile to argue against. I wrote injury-free. Salem isn't injured. In fact, he picked up 25-odd possessions a few days ago in a tough VFL match. His medical condition didn't just suddenly reappear but was recently detected again and they're going to take the opportunity to address it. Then I wrote that I understand that concussion is a serious condition. I'm glad the footy department are taking a precautionary approach with Brayshaw and Lumumba which may not have happened in the fairly recent past. At this stage in their recovery, they're not traditional injuries as such. I also concluded with 'you get my drift'.  Obviously you don't. Please be aware that I won't respond to your inevitable response. 

7 minutes ago, Skuit said:

C'mon Stuie. I'm sure you can find something more worthwhile to argue against. I wrote injury-free. Salem isn't injured. In fact, he picked up 25-odd possessions a few days ago in a tough VFL match. His medical condition didn't just suddenly reappear but was recently detected again and they're going to take the opportunity to address it. Then I wrote that I understand that concussion is a serious condition. I'm glad the footy department are taking a precautionary approach with Brayshaw and Lumumba which may not have happened in the fairly recent past. At this stage in their recovery, they're not traditional injuries as such. I also concluded with 'you get my drift'.  Obviously you don't. Please be aware that I won't respond to your inevitable response. 

Doesn't matter what the injury is or how you categorize it if they're missing games. The fact is Salem, Brayshaw and Lumumba are all out and are all best 22 players.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Just trying to piece things together...Matt Jones has a back injury. Elsewhere (but perhaps not officially) I've read he has had a "dislocated rib". Should we infer that his damaged rib is at the back? 

presumably, yes

human_ribs.jpg

• Like 1

Melbourne injury list: round 11

Angus Brayshaw (concussion) – 2-3 weeks

Colin Garland (cheekbone) – 1 week

Matt Jones (back) – available

Jay Kennedy-Harris (hamstring) – test

Mitch King (knee) – season

Heritier Lumumba (concussion) – indefinite

Clayton Oliver (quadriceps) – available

Christian Salem (illness) – 4 weeks

Jack Viney (knucklebone) – 3-4 weeks

Angus - for whom the greater concern seemed to be shown - now showing 2-3 weeks but H now "indefinite" after weeks of "TBC". That doesn't sound good for him. Anyone know anything more?

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
Update: Noting some info over on Rd 11 Preview

Melbourne injury list: round 12

Angus Brayshaw (concussion) – 1 week

Lynden Dunn (hamstring) – 2-3 weeks

Heritier Lumumba (concussion) – indefinite

Christian Salem (illness) – 3-4 weeks

Joel Smith (groin) – 6 weeks

Jack Viney (knucklebone) – test

JKH is the sad story of the week and possibly the year.

Melbourne injury list: round 13

Angus Brayshaw (concussion) – test

Lynden Dunn (hamstring) – 1 week

Jay Kennedy-Harris (hamstring) – 4-6 weeks

Heritier Lumumba (concussion) – 1 week

Christian Salem (illness) – indefinite

Joel Smith (groin) – 4-6 weeks

Sam Weideman (hip flexor) – 1 week

5 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

So Cam Pedersen who wasn't selected in either the Melbourne or the Casey teams and isn't on the injured list is being rested ahead of next week's bye?

He was doing a bit of running and other work with Weed this morning at training 

Think that illness he had knocked him around more than they thought  he didn't look himself in the Casey game at the weekend

On June 17, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Chelly said:

JKH is the sad story of the week and possibly the year.

Melbourne injury list: round 13

Angus Brayshaw (concussion) – test

Lynden Dunn (hamstring) – 1 week

Jay Kennedy-Harris (hamstring) – 4-6 weeks

Heritier Lumumba (Struggling to cope with the death of Muhammad Ali) – 1 week

Christian Salem (illness) – indefinite

Joel Smith (groin) – 4-6 weeks

Sam Weideman (hip flexor) – 1 week

Updated.

• Like 6

I have done an injury ladder and have come up with the following. The number for each side represents the amount of players out for at least 1 week (from latest injury report) that are at least borderline 22.

North Melb              8

Collingwood            8

Fremantle               8

Bulldogs                  7

GC                           6

Geelong                  6

Port                         5

Brisbane                  5

-----------------------------

GWS                       5

Richmond               4

St Kilda                   4

Hawthorn                3

Sydney                   3

Melbourne              3

Essendon               3

Carlton                   2

West Coast            2

Adelaide                 1

We certainly can't use injuries as an excuse for a 6-7 record.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 1

At community training last night I arrived at the same time as Lynden. His Hammie is fine and he is available for the next match and he told me this session was a touch and greet as they all trained in a full session in the morning. Also noticed Gus and Heretier running around so assume they both just need to get match fitness. Salem took part in all the drills as well. Even Kennedy-Harris was moving around despite his hamstring injury. The only player I couldn't spot was Trengove. The only player who cannot play is Mitch King and he was wandering around in a tracksuit so I expect barring a training mishap that we will have a nearly full list next week

Was lucky enough to chat with Roos who was amazed that in the 3 years he has been with us the team is getting younger. I wonder how many of the first year players will drop off as the year progresses and the weather makes it harder?

• Like 4

On 3/23/2016 at 9:48 PM, Earl Hood said:

I was at training last week and his bandaged finger never touched a footy in flight. He took everything with his other hand. I hope that was purely precautionary but we have no way of knowing the extent of the injury. We must assume it is nothing. 

Earl with all your other activities and enterprises, you don't seem the type to attend training. I am surprised you are even in the country with all your global trades. You juggle a lot of balls my friend. Oh, I know, you were down there to supply the players with some of your magic guava paste.  

• Like 2