• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NAB Challenge Aftermath

Demonland

50 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

On a slight side note, I just registered as a MFC member to get my assured entry to the Crazyburn game against the Bullies this weekend. Article on MFC website recommended doing this, as the ground can only hold 15 crackheads and a handful of pawnbroker shop scouts. Ticketec rort $5 for the registration and $3.50 for the privilege of printing the pass off at home. So much for free entry for club members.

There are various people employed to work at the ground, you know. I'm sure $8 won't hurt you too badly.

27 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

There are various people employed to work at the ground, you know. I'm sure $8 won't hurt you too badly.

Cheap reply. Didn't say $8.50 would hurt me (your basic maths is appalling) and the money doesn't go to the various people employed to work around the ground. It goes to Ticketek for doing SFA to earn it. The AFL promotes the games as free entry for members.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Cheap reply. Didn't say $8.50 would hurt me (your basic maths is appalling) and the money doesn't go to the various people employed to work around the ground. It goes to Ticketek for doing SFA to earn it. The AFL promotes the games as free entry for members.

Paying to print something you print in your own home

absoulute criminal behavior. 

Money for faceless shareholders...

• Like 4

Some supporters will remember that we beat Port at Renmark by a couple of points in 2013 when James Sellar kicked 5.

Have a gander at some of the other names that played that day:

Magner, Tapscott, Davis, Terlich, Evans, Davey, Strauss, Joel McDonald, Sylvia, Gillies, Couch, Tynan, Spencer, Taggert, Nicholson, Barry, Fitzpatrick and wait for it ... Nathan Stark.

The five players that remained for last Saturday's game included a very young Jesse Hogan, Pedersen, Jetta, Matt Jones and Kent.

The job of transforming our list in 3 years has been extraordinary.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Some supporters will remember that we beat Port at Renmark by a couple of points in 2013 when James Sellar kicked 5.

Magner, Tapscott, Davis, Terlich, Evans, Davey, Strauss, Joel McDonald, Sylvia, Gillies, Couch, Tynan, Spencer, Taggert, Nicholson, Barry, Fitzpatrick and wait for it ... Nathan Stark.

The five players that remained for last Saturday's game included a very young Jesse Hogan, Pedersen, Jetta, Matt Jones and Kent.

The job on transforming our list in 3 years has been extraordinary.

That is a massive enema through the very bowels of the club.   

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

Whinge. How does ticketek get involved then, do they just have a right to charge anyone for any event happening anywhere.... no,the 3.50 is ticketek's administration vig (believe it or not , they are a business too) because they are collecting the $5 (and $20 for non members) on behalf of the AFL/the clubs. Obviously there are costs associated with putting the match on so why would it be free to enter? We charge down at Casey for praccies also, and that's not through ticketek.

anyone who charges you to print out the ticket yourself  is quite frankly a theif

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

anyone who charges you to print out the ticket yourself  is quite frankly a theif

Absolutely. Some fools on here just can't see that Bub. Nor is the game free entry to members

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

Whinge. How does ticketek get involved then, do they just have a right to charge anyone for any event happening anywhere.... no,the 3.50 is ticketek's administration vig (believe it or not , they are a business too) because they are collecting the $5 (and $20 for non members) on behalf of the AFL/the clubs. Obviously there are costs associated with putting the match on so why would it be free to enter? We charge down at Casey for praccies also, and that's not through ticketek.

The AFL covers the costs of the matches, probably with help from the local governments, the local club involved and sponsors. That money comes from members buying their memberships, which are the lifeblood of clubs, which in turn are the reason the AFL exists. Plus the other stake holders then make the money back in food and merchandise sales.

Ticketek can certainly be a business but I bet you they are pocketing that $5 on behalf of organising the tickets and then pocketing another $3.50 for the processing fee. 

I've asked the MCC before about reserve seating for games which is usually $15 and they assure me the ticketing company takes almost all of it. 

They are archaic businesses set up back when computers were the size of a room and printers cost a months wages. Big sporting leagues stick with them because they do free advertising and promotion and take away a hassle, but they are an absolute rort on fans. When you go to the movies you can book the ticket online and it's often covered in the price of the movie and you can print it out yourself. 

A small cost to reserve a ticket in this case is reasonable, but not $8.50, that's how much a preseason match should cost in total, not one that's meant to be free.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

Err, maybe because the AFL declared it was free entry to members. Pointing out an inconsistent rort is the point. Go back to playing in the sandpit curry.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

To be fair, Ticketek has to (a) have software that makes sure it only sells a seat once and not multiple times; (b) safely connects to your device/PC without letting in the baddies who might go phishing, etc and (c) safely allows payment without your bank account being drained dry.

I suspect I've accounted for almost all of the first 10c they charge.

(Note: I have no idea how much any of that costs.)

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

The job on transforming our list in 3 years has been extraordinary.

I have no recollection of Nathan Stark whatsoever!

Edited by Members' Wing
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Err, maybe because the AFL declared it was free entry to members. Pointing out an inconsistent rort is the point. Go back to playing in the sandpit curry.

don't cry now

I know you nearly had a breakdown this time last year because a praccy match started late so it seems this whinge is somewhat of a tradition for you

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

don't cry now

I know you nearly had a breakdown this time last year because a praccy match started late so it seems this whinge is somewhat of a tradition for you

Nice one troll. Nothing constructive to add is your forte

18 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I'm watching the replay of the 3rd quarter. 

The standout feature so far has been smart footy outside of the packs. Not always clean and perfect, but when we've got the ball players are running to space and moving the ball on, when we don't have the ball players are finding opponents and reading the play ahead of time to cover off each other. 

It's no longer mad chooks running around after the player with the ball. Play A will move up to pressure, player B will notice this and go cover the next player in the chain and so on and so on.

Sounds simple, but it's a huge change from what we've been lacking and it comes about from having a group buy in to chase and pressure not just individuals. More overall speed certainly doesn't hurt either!

I think as well,  now we have more in-unders that win ball,  we can have players like Vince outside, from the Wing or H/B delivering the ball cleanly. also Tyson can play the role gysberts was spoken of,  that 2nd touch option off Viney/Oliver then reading directing the flow to runners outside.

..... we have quite a few options now with size at grasstop level in the packs, & distributors are coming on.   Its now those wingers/flankers that need to polish up their act.

17 hours ago, bing181 said:

Not what Misson is saying (re fitness).

Re his spot, I'd wait and see. Going on last year's form, perhaps, but it would appear that he had ongoing injury issues that couldn't have helped. He was good enough to play in a premiership, and at 29 still has a bit of mileage left, so if he can get back to something close to "in form", he would have a place. Let's remember also that the alternative is probably one of Wagner, White, Hunt or Terlich.

agreed bing... 

there is a danger in giving games to easily to kids when senior players are available...  of course talent & form must count,  but senior players have to have priority,  at this point,  to push the kids harder,  further,  to get games,  so lifting the bar on them.   lifting the standards further.

17 hours ago, thevil1 said:

They pointed it out on TV with one of boak's goals, Salem let him get goal side at the stoppage far too easily. You could tell he realized his mistake straight away, I'm sure he'll learn from it. I thought his ball use was great but noticed poor positioning a couple of times. Overall he played really well IMO and will only get better at the defensive stuff I'm sure.  

maybe he & us,  are expecting a lot out of Salem,  at this point?  he may be putting to much pressure on himself trying to force his form rather than allowing it to come & relaxing into the

season as he would perhaps normally have done?

... many players have come unstuck trying to force good form to come, instead of focusing & playing within themselves.

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

And it obviously annoys you because the reality is that his body is just about shot? 

Don't see how thats not hard to understand..

I watched the whole game and Pedersen is so far in front of Dawes its not funny. Not only was he good up forward when he gave Gawn a chop out i actually couldn't believe he was leaping over Lobbe and winning some ruck contests.

and younger than Dawesy as well.  & fitter, 

& plays taller.

5 hours ago, beelzebub said:

it just IS unfortunately.    I think Chris would need  Bradbury's luck to get a game in the seniors this year. But he might.

I rate Dawes in terms of his 'footy nouse'   . His marking does let him down.  

I think other players will pass him by.  Thats footy

I imagine 2017 will be the year for Frost.  his big arrival. 

I think he missed most of last year so to me this has held him back,  & he needs this 2016 to regain fitness & form, & confidence,  after a serious toe issue.

3 hours ago, Curry & Beer said:

Then let the people pay for drinks & food at the ground,  & only a $5 entry fee with kids free ;   & get back 5 raffle tickets complimentary,  with 50 reasonable prizes,  suitable for kids &/or parents, to be won ?

......  this is the way to make a Cragieburn practice game beneficial to footy punters.

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

To be fair, Ticketek has to (a) have software that makes sure it only sells a seat once and not multiple times; (b) safely connects to your device/PC without letting in the baddies who might go phishing, etc and (c) safely allows payment without your bank account being drained dry.

I suspect I've accounted for almost all of the first 10c they charge.

(Note: I have no idea how much any of that costs.)

Yeah...nah !!!

19 hours ago, monoccular said:

Interesting to read your observations on Salem.  Was that watching live or on TV?  Poor defensive positioning meaning wrong side of his opponent or trailing him?  

I also read that the acting captain gave them a serve at the end of the half time break.   Good to hear that there is some leadership out there.  

Was on tv. Twice he was on the wrong side and and at least once he was ball gazing well off where he needed to be with his man. He is usually very good defensively and I expect alot from him but I though his defensive work was not as I expect. 

Salem.,.very rusty....wonder why ...hmmm

On 29/2/2016 at 4:06 PM, binman said:

Speaking of highlights this is brilliant. All our goals in full, including build up. No Port rubbish. 

Thanks for sharing.

We really got a lot of luck from the umpires when you see this but we are a far more competitive team than in the past. It's the skills that still need a lot of work and will cost us a number of wins this season.

On 29 February 2016 at 6:43 PM, old dee said:

I agree with Ashley Brown.

Dawes is not best 22 anymore and will only play a few game around the middle of the year if any.

The Prince is a long way from playing in the seniors and by the time he gets to that level of fitness he will IMO have trouble getting a spot.

Petracca is a kid who has not played a game.

Then as you say the Drug Cheat is not on our playing list till 2017 

Looks fairly accurate to me.

Old Dee, would you please stop referring to Melksham as the Drug Cheat.

He is an MFC player that this club fought hard to attract. I trust Goodwin's judgement on this. Relevantly, he seems to be of very sound character.

Also - it makes you sound small minded and 'old' and bigoted, to me at least. And FWIW - I don't believe you are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Old Dee, would you please stop referring to Melksham as the Drug Cheat.

He is an MFC player that this club fought hard to attract. I trust Goodwin's judgement on this. Relevantly, he seems to be of very sound character.

Also - it makes you sound small minded and 'old' and bigoted, to me at least. And FWIW - I don't believe you are.

To be fair Ron, he's also been found guilty of being a drug cheat. i reckon it's fair enough to be bitter about what Essendon has done, and probably isn't a label that's going to wash off those players in a hurry

• Like 4

I think the Jury is still out on Frost.

Not sure if he will make round one from what I've seen, as I don't really think he has the smarts to play up forward.

id love to see him played down back for a while as he is a good runner and reads the play well when defending.

Pederson should definately be our second tall forward ruck option with Watts and Vanders as 3rd and fourth tall forward options.

Add Kent ,Kennedy and Garlett up forward with Hogan I think that's a pretty potent attack.

• Like 4