• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

rory-delap-inbred.gif

I think its a chance the singer is related to these two...

Im glad I never found my own sister attractive.

Edited by faultydet

13 hours ago, biggestred said:

http://Check out @ChrisKaias's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChrisKaias/status/706384933992820736?s=09

Saw this on twitter. Hirdy Reckons the players who weren't in the 34 lied about getting injections. Good work hirdy

Holy [censored].

New investigation on the cards from ASADA then?

If even Shakespeare himself  were alive today he could not invent nor write such a toxic tragedy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, biggestred said:

http://Check out @ChrisKaias's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChrisKaias/status/706384933992820736?s=09

Saw this on twitter. Hirdy Reckons the players who weren't in the 34 lied about getting injections. Good work hirdy

If there was the slightest doubt that the man is divorced from reality this must prove all doubt is gone

He cannot help but keep inserting himself in the public domain.

He needs some serious help.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

If there was the slightest doubt that the man is divorced from reality this must prove all doubt is gone

He cannot help but keep inserting himself in the public domain.

He needs some serious help.

"The Bus " is on it's way  !! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

If even Shakespeare himself  were alive today he could not invent nor write such a toxic tragedy.

Not sure I agree bb

Macbeth is a fairly good training.

• Like 2

Field day for ASADA here:

Double, double toil and trouble; 
    Fire burn, and caldron bubble. 
       2 WITCH.  Fillet of a fenny snake, 
    In the caldron boil and bake; 
    Eye of newt, and toe of frog, 
    Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, 
    Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, 
    Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,— 
    For a charm of powerful trouble, 
    Like a hell-broth boil and bubble. 
       ALL.  Double, double toil and trouble; 
       3 WITCH.  Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf; 
    Witches' mummy; maw and gulf 
    Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark; 
    Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark; 
    Liver of blaspheming Jew; 
    Gall of goat, and slips of yew 
    Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse; 
    Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips; 
    Finger of birth-strangled babe 
    Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,— 
    Make the gruel thick and slab: 
    Add thereto a tiger's chaudron, 
    For the ingrediants of our caldron. 
       ALL.  Double, double toil and trouble; 
       2 WITCH.  Cool it with a baboon's blood, 
    Then the charm is firm and good.

• Like 3

Hird is quite right.  Those players had no reason to lie and say they had no injections because they knew the injections were perfectly kosher.  Does beg the question - why they didn't take the injections then.

Makes sense in a parallel universe where you prove the opposite of what you thought you were proving and don't notice that you have done so.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Choke said:

14 hours ago, biggestred said:

big.  Can you summarize please

i get a phishing warning and haven't opened it

• Like 1

Finally someone in AFL land who gets it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-doesnt-deserve-to-play-on-anzac-day-says-dennis-cometti/news-story/edde9e67cd1565ba50afb3a003df759c

In short, Dennis Commetti saying the dons shouldn't even be playing this year, let alone playing on ANZAC day!

About time someone spoke out. Just wait for all the apologists to start up about how they are hard done by and Dennis is the devil incarnate!

Always did like that bloke.

• Like 9

Denis Cometti a universally liked and respected commentator speaks out:  http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-doesnt-deserve-to-play-on-anzac-day-says-dennis-cometti/news-story/edde9e67cd1565ba50afb3a003df759c 

From the article.

-Essendon has not earned the right to play on Anzac Day this season

-the Bombers should have been ruled out of the season altogether after 34 past and present players were banned for 12 months

-“But I can’t help thinking somehow this year the Bombers should have been sidelined for the greater good.

-“The club might cry double jeopardy but I find it odd no contingency plan ever saw the light of day.”

Well said Denis!

I wonder how many other commentators would speak up if they weren't beholden to the AFL and its sycophants!!

There is no reason why the AFL can't schedule another game from that weekend on ANZAC Day.  Of course they won't.

• Like 6

As usual Mr Cometti....centimeter perfect !!

• Like 8

Interesting from my view that I have not seen anyone else in the media say this which  IMO should have always been an option.

I guess if you take out the EFC loving scribes and those that are scared of the AFL it does not leave many to voice this option.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, old dee said:

Interesting from my view that I have not seen anyone else in the media say this which  IMO should have always been an option.

I guess if you take out the EFC loving scribes and those that are scared of the AFL it does not leave many to voice this option.

I think Dennis retiring at the end of the year may have something to do with it too. He is too popular for the AFL to move on (in terms of silently remove from the media landscape) and he has no need for his accreditation as of the end of the season. It would not surprise me if he gets a quiet little word in his ear about repeating the comments though. 

• Like 4

He's now  the AFL's  "Dennis theh Menace " :)

• Like 4

Uhm so one of the 4 players not suspended is a drug cheat? FFS Hird you absolute c! You have not tarnished the 4, all the bulltish about "for the good of the players" and then you do that. 

Such a sad human being. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Uhm so one of the 4 players not suspended is a drug cheat? FFS Hird you absolute c! You have not tarnished the 4, all the bulltish about "for the good of the players" and then you do that. 

Such a sad human being. 

But if he's correct in what he said, he just did a service to the game telling us that there's a drug cheat still playing.

We need to find out who he is and slap on some sanctions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Choke said:

But if he's correct in what he said, he just did a service to the game telling us that there's a drug cheat still playing.

Presumably in another club or he wouldn't have said it? (Though what he said made no real sense anyway.)

(Where is he supposed to have said this?)

Edited by sue

11 minutes ago, sue said:

Presumably in another club or he wouldn't have said it? (Though what he said made no real sense anyway.)

(Where is he supposed to have said this?)

You had me at "what he said makes no sense "

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Choke said:

So who are the 4? Zaka?