Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE


Whispering_Jack

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, sue said:

Surely the best solution for the perplexed EFC-hating supporter (and for those who can attend free of charge) is to show up, supports the Demons, but have some sort of banner which puts the boot into the drug team.  Since none of the players on the field are convicted drug cheats, thought is needed in getting the wording right.   My suggestion is to finds words to express satisfaction that we are playing a clean team. How can any AFL Big Brother object to that.

Something like 'TB or not TB?, we know the answer!'

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I like this one,

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."    Edmund Burke
  

so...do you do 'nothing'....or do you attend ?   ( I know...I Know...I flipped it...but hey !! )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, sue said:

Surely the best solution for the perplexed EFC-hating supporter (and for those who can attend free of charge) is to show up, supports the Demons, but have some sort of banner which puts the boot into the drug team.  Since none of the players on the field are convicted drug cheats, thought is needed in getting the wording right.   My suggestion is to finds words to express satisfaction that we are playing a clean team. How can any AFL Big Brother object to that.

actually ....they are Sue...The Court  was the  Arbitrators of Sport !!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

actually ....they are Sue...The Court  was the  Arbitrators of Sport !!   

Ha. Of course I meant the players playing.  Not the banned players.  What a shameful exhibition this will be if they roll out and applaud the banned players and Hird. I fear it may get international attention.  If the AFL doesn't pull them into line, then I despair of them.

Edited by sue
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sue said:

Ha. Of course I meant the players playing.  Not the banned players.  What a shameful exhibition this will be if they roll out and applaud the banned players and Hird. I fear it may get international attention.  If the AFL doesn't pull them into line, then I despair of them.

think id throw up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

McDevitt appears before the Senate Committee:  He says:

"The tribunal accepted that Stephen Dank made plans to use thymosin beta-4 as part of Essendon's injection program. They also accepted that the players had consented to being injected with thymosin and that injections had occurred. Despite this, they were not comfortably concerned or satisfied that the injections had actually contained thymosin beta-4 because there were no adequate records kept and because Essendon failed to carry out lab analysis of the substances. The CAS panel openly disagreed." 'http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-doping-saga-afl-antidoping-panel-simply-got-it-wrong-says-asada-chief-20160304-gnakb9.html

McDevitt is a very impressive individual.  Almost the Lone Ranger as a voice against drug taking in sport.  Cudos to him.

Just get rid of all the records & we will be fine

Vlad Demetriou gave them over 24 hours notice to do this

in 2013 Demetriou made a salary of $3.8 Million...The suits of the AFL have to go...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes...vlad and co will be very happy to see things  "settled'    . God forbid anything got to court :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Something like 'TB or not TB?, we know the answer!'

How about 'we know what you did one summer?'

Or even 'every heart beat true, no suppliments required'

Or 'see the dees 'shootin up' the ladder' then in little letters 'the legal way'

Edited by Chris
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Im gobsmacked to be honest how Jab Watcon could possibly continue at the club he is party to suing.

Poor old Jobby must be deeply conflicted.

Growing up as the son of a club legend, playing for that club, captaining that club, being told by that club "you've got nothing to worry about", "you've done nothing wrong", "you'll all get off anyway", his old man bagging ASADA on the radio. "WADA don't understand AFL", "You're going to get a whack on the wrist or maybe 2 weeks."

Bang! The hammer drops and you realise it's all a tissue of lies.

It's like a cult member who escapes from the cult. It can take a long long to come to grips with what actually happened and to readjust to normalcy. And to cope with the dissonance between the cult's "truths" and society's "truths".

No wonder the bugger ran off to England to booze up at the cricket.

He must still be struggling to work out how that club fits into his life, or not, and what his relationship with it is.

But one day (it may take years), he will drop a hammer on it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone hear Kennett on SEN tearing strips off the AFL? Boy he laid into them. On their governance. On their arbitrary stands on issues, sinking the boots into the soft targets, failing to do the right thing (until forced to) re Prismall. Leaning on clubs on the teat to not make waves while letting the financially secure clubs rock the boat.

I didn't hear it all but he went on and on. Poor old Any Maher barely got a word in edgeways which is a rarity for him (he's usually gasbagging too much for guests to say anything).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Poor old Jobby must be deeply conflicted.

Growing up as the son of a club legend, playing for that club, captaining that club, being told by that club "you've got nothing to worry about", "you've done nothing wrong", "you'll all get off anyway", his old man bagging ASADA on the radio. "WADA don't understand AFL", "You're going to get a whack on the wrist or maybe 2 weeks."

Bang! The hammer drops and you realise it's all a tissue of lies.

It's like a cult member who escapes from the cult. It can take a long long to come to grips with what actually happened and to readjust to normalcy. And to cope with the dissonance between the cult's "truths" and society's "truths".

No wonder the bugger ran off to England to booze up at the cricket.

He must still be struggling to work out how that club fits into his life, or not, and what his relationship with it is.

But one day (it may take years), he will drop a hammer on it.

It's a film Ted, beautifully written...!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Anyone hear Kennett on SEN tearing strips off the AFL? Boy he laid into them. On their governance. On their arbitrary stands on issues, sinking the boots into the soft targets, failing to do the right thing (until forced to) re Prismall. Leaning on clubs on the teat to not make waves while letting the financially secure clubs rock the boat.

I didn't hear it all but he went on and on. Poor old Any Maher barely got a word in edgeways which is a rarity for him (he's usually gasbagging too much for guests to say anything).

Sorry i missed it, if anyone knows a link to it can they post it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It's a film Ted, beautifully written...!

Films, eh? Now you've fired my imagination ....

 

They trained him his whole life for this job. And he did it, no question asked. No complaints. Even the dirtiest jobs. Especially the dirtiest jobs. He asked for no thanks, no rewards. He just did his duty. But then they pushed him too far. Stallone. Jobe.

 

Or how about one styled after after the biblical Book of Job (after whom Jobby is named even if his parents may not realise it).

He had it all. Wealth. Adulation. But it was all wrenched away from him. He was pushed to the edge. But then came his greatest test of all. How can a man hold on to his faith when his world collapses? Starring Russell Crowe as Job. The Book of Job. Out this summer. bookofjobmovie.com


Or how about British style? Life of Jobe. "He's not the Brownlow Medallist, he's just a naughty little drug cheat!" Guest appearance by Fry and Lawrie as Wallis and Dank.

Or:

Carry on Vitamins. "Cor lumme, growf 'ormones? You don't need no growf 'ormones, darlin'!" "Cheeky beggar! I ain't seen my feet since I woz firteen! But you could use some growf 'ormones, if you know wot I mean!!!" "Na ha ha ha ha!!!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Films, eh? Now you've fired my imagination ....

 

They trained him his whole life for this job. And he did it, no question asked. No complaints. Even the dirtiest jobs. Especially the dirtiest jobs. He asked for no thanks, no rewards. He just did his duty. But then they pushed him too far. Stallone. Jobe.

 

Or how about one styled after after the biblical Book of Job (after whom Jobby is named even if his parents may not realise it).

He had it all. Wealth. Adulation. But it was all wrenched away from him. He was pushed to the edge. But then came his greatest test of all. How can a man hold on to his faith when his world collapses? Starring Russell Crowe as Job. The Book of Job. Out this summer. bookofjobmovie.com


Or how about British style? Life of Jobe. "He's not the Brownlow Medallist, he's just a naughty little drug cheat!" Guest appearance by Fry and Lawrie as Wallis and Dank.

Or:

Carry on Vitamins. "Cor lumme, growf 'ormones? You don't need no growf 'ormones, darlin'!" "Cheeky beggar! I ain't seen my feet since I woz firteen! But you could use some growf 'ormones, if you know wot I mean!!!" "Na ha ha ha ha!!!"

Born on the 4th of July...Just exchange Tom Cruise for Jab... :)

Carry On Vitamins Hahahaha....."I'm not a woman....I am not a woman" Kenneth Williams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Born on the 4th of July...Just exchange Tom Cruise for Jab... :)

Carry On Vitamins Hahahaha....."I'm not a woman....I am not a woman" Kenneth Williams 

What about a few good men, i am sure there would have been afew at the club at the time, surely. 

The 'you can't handle the truth' scene could be Dank screaming at McDevitt and aimed at 90% of the people of AFL land, you would need the MCG to fit them all in. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chris said:

What about a few good men, i am sure there would have been afew at the club at the time, surely. 

The 'you can't handle the truth' scene could be Dank screaming at McDevitt and aimed at 90% of the people of AFL land, you would need the MCG to fit them all in. 

Jobe in "Full Metal Jacket" being broken

"What's your name scumbag...?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Ted Fidge said:

Anyone hear Kennett on SEN tearing strips off the AFL? Boy he laid into them. On their governance. On their arbitrary stands on issues, sinking the boots into the soft targets, failing to do the right thing (until forced to) re Prismall. Leaning on clubs on the teat to not make waves while letting the financially secure clubs rock the boat.

I didn't hear it all but he went on and on. Poor old Any Maher barely got a word in edgeways which is a rarity for him (he's usually gasbagging too much for guests to say anything).

Is there a link for a replay?  Or even a transcript?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Thanks

Jeff sure put out his very reasoned opinion on the shocking governance b the Commission.  Well said. 

Totally agree. I despised Jeff as Premier but what he said during this interview was Bang On...

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Opening Round vs Sydney

    The Demons head up to Sydney to open the 2024 AFL Season against the Swans at the SCG. Who will debut for the Dees? Will Clarry be recalled to the team?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 132

    PODCAST: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Thursday, 29th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Practice Match victory over the Blues at Ikon Park. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 64

    POSTGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Demons had total control of the practice match against the Blues taking out the honours and running out victors by 38 points at Ikon Park.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 269

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 308

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 183
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...