Jump to content

THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE


Whispering_Jack

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

From that article:

"ASADA has previously provided clear advice to the AFL that he should not be working in that role," an ASADA spokesperson said. 

Previously provided clear advice.

Previously.

So the AFL knew beforehand. Then they told the Bulldogs the complete opposite.

I don't know how I keep feeling surprised by the AFL's [censored], but I do.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Choke said:

From that article:

"ASADA has previously provided clear advice to the AFL that he should not be working in that role," an ASADA spokesperson said. 

Previously provided clear advice.

Previously.

So the AFL knew beforehand. Then they told the Bulldogs the complete opposite.

I don't know how I keep feeling surprised by the AFL's [censored], but I do.

The AFL,s ability to surprise is no surprise really choke.

Poor CEO running a poor organisation what more can we expect?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, old dee said:

The AFL,s ability to surprise is no surprise really choke.

Poor CEO running a poor organisation what more can we expect?

lol this is my point OD. I know how bad it is, but for some reason I'm continually surprised when they say and do idiotic and hypocritical things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the feeling that the AFL are trying to provoke ASADA somehow. Or trying to work out where the line is so they can continually stand on it ... like going right to the edge of a cliff but not going over it.

But for what possible gain? It's too childish to suppose they just want to irk ASADA.

Are they trying to sniff the wind to see if they can ease their way out of WADA compliance?

They've got enough issues in the game without wasting time and energy on something that they could easily take the right stand on.

It doesn't make any sense.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

I have the feeling that the AFL are trying to provoke ASADA somehow. Or trying to work out where the line is so they can continually stand on it ... like going right to the edge of a cliff but not going over it.

But for what possible gain? It's too childish to suppose they just want to irk ASADA.

Are they trying to sniff the wind to see if they can ease their way out of WADA compliance?

They've got enough issues in the game without wasting time and energy on something that they could easily take the right stand on.

It doesn't make any sense.

The plan seems to be to poke the bear multiple times, get a reaction each time and them claim that the ASADA is picking on the AFL.  Pathetic really, but will probably work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, old dee said:

The AFL,s ability to surprise is no surprise really choke.

Poor CEO running a poor organisation what more can we expect?

He's so BRAVE......   hope that 1.7 comforts him :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I think suggesting the AFL is somehow trying to pick a fight with ASADA is giving the AFL far too much credit. i think it's much more likely that the wrong advice was given to the Bulldogs through incompetence.

Incompetence that probably covers it LDC.

I seriously doubt there is some grand master plan being played out here.

The fact that the AFL failed to have a plan for the EFC players being banned for an extended period and now this stuff up just proves their inabaility to grasp the situation.

Yep Incompetence. 

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

He's so BRAVE......   hope that 1.7 comforts him :rolleyes:

$1.70 is still over paying the guy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely the AFL could employ all 34 banned players as integrity officers!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DemonFrog said:

Surely the AFL could employ all 34 banned players as integrity officers!

ASADA rules allow them be employed in drug education.

But that could mean owning up to something.

Edited by GM11
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Choke said:

From that article:

"ASADA has previously provided clear advice to the AFL that he should not be working in that role," an ASADA spokesperson said. 

Previously provided clear advice.

Previously.

So the AFL knew beforehand. Then they told the Bulldogs the complete opposite.

I don't know how I keep feeling surprised by the AFL's [censored], but I do.

It's all a misunderstanding Choke.

Early on in the saga, Dill received an email from ASADA that he wasn't quite happy with. He noticed there was a junk email button on the screen at the time, and as that's what he thought of the email he decided to click that button. Not realising however that all subsequent emails from that address would be automatically placed in the Junk email box that nobody ever looks at. So all subsequent emails from ASADA were never read until McD called to tell him they'd sent clear advice and suggested he check his Junk box. After 7 AFL technical experts had been called to assist, they located said email, and promptly advised the Dogs of the new information.

See, nobody's fault really.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

It's all a misunderstanding Choke.

Early on in the saga, Dill received an email from ASADA that he wasn't quite happy with. He noticed there was a junk email button on the screen at the time, and as that's what he thought of the email he decided to click that button. Not realising however that all subsequent emails from that address would be automatically placed in the Junk email box that nobody ever looks at. So all subsequent emails from ASADA were never read until McD called to tell him they'd sent clear advice and suggested he check his Junk box. After 7 AFL technical experts had been called to assist, they located said email, and promptly advised the Dogs of the new information.

See, nobody's fault really.

sounds like the pell excuse

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, FireInTheBelly said:

As he clicked the junk email button he was heard muttering 'It's a sad story but not of much relevance to me', or words to that effect.

Oh the burn!

If anything needed to be a meme, it's this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Counting the cost

Essendon 34: Mark McVeigh reveals doping suspension has hurt his coaching dream

Hope they all sue the club to within an inch of its existence .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Counting the cost

Essendon 34: Mark McVeigh reveals doping suspension has hurt his coaching dream

Hope they all sue the club to within an inch of its existence .

Right on cue bb!  From Chip: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-brace-for-the-first-player-lawsuits/news-story/e99e7a61aeb02a426b0cd9abca401114

'Essendon will be hit this month with the first compensation claims from footballers banned for doping, with the club, lawyers representing 34 banned players and the AFL determined to prevent the scandal from returning to court...It is understood that law firm Holding Redlich...is close to finalising some of their claims.

Holding Redlich, which has been engaged by management group Elite Sports Properties-TLA to advice its clients caught up in the doping scandal, is advising current Essendon stars Jobe Watson, Cale Hooker, Tom Bellchambers and Brent Stanton and retired players Mark McVeigh and Alex Browne...Dustin Fletcher...recently joined the Holding Redlich group despite having no affiliation with ESP-TLA.

'Chris Pollard, a lawyer who previously represented Essendon coaches in the doping scandal, is preparing compensation claims for young Bomber Dyson Heppell and St Kilda recruit Jake Carlisle'.

'A settlement of all claims would be welcomed by the AFL, which would almost certainly be pulled into any court action brought by the banned players'.

The only hope we ever had of learning the truth was for the compensation claims suit to get to court.  All would be faced with telling the truth or perjury.  Some people in high places would be in a real pickle if faced with those options. 

This will settle out of court with Fort Knox type confidentiality clauses attached! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Im gobsmacked to be honest how Jab Watcon could possibly continue at the club he is party to suing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Im gobsmacked to be honest how Jab Watcon could possibly continue at the club he is party to suing.

He will be 32 before next season starts bb

If he gets a good payout why would you bother?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, deespicable me said:

I hope Reimers sues McVeigh to within an inch of his existence for his slanderous comments at the start of the investigation.

He deserves "##### all" does McVeigh. Just another bozo I have to switch off when he comes on the tele.

Agree 

i really hate McViegh

he just lied every week

smash him

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, deespicable me said:

I hope Reimers sues McVeigh to within an inch of his existence for his slanderous comments at the start of the investigation.

He deserves "##### all" does McVeigh. Just another bozo I have to switch off when he comes on the tele.

surprises me no journo has done a follow-up article with reimers

on 2nd thoughts it doesn't surprise me at all

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

surprises me no journo has done a follow-up article with reimers

on 2nd thoughts it doesn't surprise me at all

pass on idea to Ripper Rita :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

McDevitt appears before the Senate Committee:  He says:

"The tribunal accepted that Stephen Dank made plans to use thymosin beta-4 as part of Essendon's injection program. They also accepted that the players had consented to being injected with thymosin and that injections had occurred. Despite this, they were not comfortably concerned or satisfied that the injections had actually contained thymosin beta-4 because there were no adequate records kept and because Essendon failed to carry out lab analysis of the substances. The CAS panel openly disagreed." 'http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-doping-saga-afl-antidoping-panel-simply-got-it-wrong-says-asada-chief-20160304-gnakb9.html

McDevitt is a very impressive individual.  Almost the Lone Ranger as a voice against drug taking in sport.  Cudos to him.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EFC 'gentle' warning to Sheedy for this about the suspended players:  "It's forced upon them by an organisation obviously that's out of Europe, who don't really know a lot about AFL," Sheedy said..."Their job is really to get back and sort out Russia for the Olympics."  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chief-xavier-campbell-talks-to-kevin-sheedy-about-wada-comments-20160304-gnaeeo.html

That comment is right up there for ignorance and dumbness, with the excuses Beveridge made a few weeks ago. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CONSISTENCY by The Oracle

    "I think we have got a team that can win a premiership, and if we get in this year, I don't think there is a team that is going to want to play us. This year is not a write-off, I don't concede that. Not at all." — Collingwood President Jeff Browne. I love this sort of optimism from the Magpie President after his club’s eleven goal defeat at the hands of the fast rising Hawks. It’s consistent with the fighting spirit of the club that won last year’s flag.  I only wish I could say the s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

    FEARS by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne’s worst fears about the absence of Max Gawn were realised when it received a shellacking from Fremantle’s ruckmen Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson who dominated the hit out tally in their game at Optus Stadium on Sunday by a massive 47 to 19. As a result, the 50-point deficit at the end of the game proved to be a loss that was long foreseen that was two years in the making and demonstrated a complete lack of hindsight and planning from the club. To add insult to injury, Jackson was a D

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 3

    PREGAME: Rd 20 vs GWS

    The Demons return to the MCG in Round 20 to take on the GWS Giants and will be hoping the injured Captain Max Gawn is fit to return to his role in the ruck as their season is slipping away. Who comes in and who comes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 208

    PODCAST: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 22nd July @ 7:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demonsl oss at Optus Stadium against the Dockers in the Round 19. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & C

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 38

    VOTES: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

    The injured Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Jack Viney, Alex Neal-Bullen & Steven May make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

    POSTGAME: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

    The Demons were once again outclassed, outplayed and outcoached by the Fremantle Dockers in 2024 ultimately going down by 50 points at Optus Stadium in Perth as they plummet to tenth on the ladder.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 316

    RAIN CHECK by Whispering Jack

    The Frankston Dolphins broke a run of six straight losses against their neighbours, the Casey Demons and kept their hopes for a long-awaited return to the VFL finals alive with a 27 point victory over at Kinetic Stadium. Casey was welcomed to the Peninsula by grey skies, heavy rain and angry seas with threatening white-capped waves whipped up by gale force winds. After a slow start in the opening term when they failed to take advantage of the breeze, it appeared that the Demons had decided

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    GAMEDAY: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

    It's Game Day and the Demons have a golden opportunity to stamp their 2024 finals credentials as well as make amends for their disastrous first meeting against the Dockers earlier in the season when they take on Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 910

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    DEMONLAND - Good evening, Demon fans and welcome back to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast ... before we took that last phone call from a Demonlander, we were discussing how the club overcame it’s midseason slump, the season-ending injury to Christian Petracca and the loss for a brief period of skipper Max Gawn due to a  crack to the base of his right fibula, to slowly surge up the ladder turning our detractors into believers and how it ended the year triumphant in the finals with our capta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 6
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...