• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Wait  until the  fat  plodder  jab has to hand his  brownlow  back.  The squeals from the brain dead  efc fans  will be  heard in space.

Or wait till the 'request to appeal' (or whatever the right words are) is denied.  There will then be no appeal at all. 

The hue and cry about being denied justice will be deafening.  Then those 'brain dead' fans (and media, AFLPA etc) can add the Swiss Federal Tribunal to their long list of 'bad guys'!!! 

From what other posters have said the 'appeal' is part of a chess game with the insurance coy.  So presumably the players won't care if 'request to appeal' is denied.  Beginning to look like a very big, very expensive charade!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

This sums up pretty well why I question who is advising the Essendon players and what are they hoping to achieve because it won't clear the players' names - Essendon players taking a knife to a gun fight at Swiss Federal Court.

WOW...just WOW.... Someone actually knows wtf they are talking about. All the fact, no bias. Give this guy a Walkley !!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bing181 said:

"So the AFL rules did change, but can any amount of legal hocus-pocus give the players any sound basis of appeal? The short answer is, no; such an appeal will fail. The mere fact the AFL's rules did not expressly state WADA had untrammelled appeal rights does not mean WADA's rights were limited."

The rules only changed in so much as to make a relevance into a definite from an inferred. The gist of the background changed not one iota. This is the salient point either not understood by the idiots or conveniently ignored because it doesnt help their argument.  ( then again ...nothing does...lol ) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, daisycutter said:

given essendon's generous contribution to schadenfreude recently, it seems very appropriate that the cas court hearings will be conducted in the deutsche sprache

I understood that it was to be heard en francaise.

Part of EFC's long term contingency plan was to send St James, and of course his lovely high flying lawyer spouse, to Paris so that they could learn French, so that in the highly unlikely (in their distorted view of life) event they were found guilty they would be in a really strong position to fully stand up for the rights of his badly victimized boys.  What lovely dedicated people, who we have so badly misjudged. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2016 at 6:55 PM, SaberFang said:

I'm pretty convinced the appeal will never get up. Their entire argument is ridiculous.

It would take a grievous error in CAS' judgment for the appeals board to even contemplate a hearing, something as drastic as WADA using fraudulent evidence in their case. I'm not even sure new evidence from Essendon would be admissible in an appeal (not that this would ever happen, as we're endlessly reminded, "there's no proof they took any drugs!"

I suspect the biggest chance is the fact that all players were treated the same in terms of penalties. But the lack of records probs means that players can't claim they were/werent given certain substances.

Its interesting that Hal Hunter went through the injection regime but didn't sign a waiver form. Hence he was not charged. The forms are therefore likley to be the most compelling evidence..  

7 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I suspect the biggest chance is the fact that all players were treated the same in terms of penalties. But the lack of records probs means that players can't claim they were/werent given certain substances.

Its interesting that Hal Hunter went through the injection regime but didn't sign a waiver form. Hence he was not charged. The forms are therefore likley to be the most compelling evidence..  

and NONE of that is relevant to the criteria available regarding an appeal to the Swiss court regarding a CAS verdict

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

This sums up pretty well why I question who is advising the Essendon players and what are they hoping to achieve because it won't clear the players' names - Essendon players taking a knife to a gun fight at Swiss Federal Court.

Apologies for labouring the matter but this article should be required reading for anyone who follows any football code

Appeal = waste of money =  contribution to nefarious lawyers' Superannuation Fund 

13 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

• Like 1

Beveridge coming from Hawthorn and speaking as such should concern a lot of people.

Got a funny feeling someone in the media is going to come across some records of confusion. Getting near the point of no return now.

3 hours ago, M_9 said:

good pickup m9, i had a suspicion he was all over the place, but thought i may have mixed him up with someone else

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

But what if, true to form, he's still wrong?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day ...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cards13 said:

So he appears to finally have seen the light?

Or he may have seen the CAS report. Lots of people have had their mind changed after seeing factual information unadulterated by fanboy media and fanboy CEOs.

He has been duped. The media went rogue. And Senator Di Natale needs to self report to the estimates committee.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ted Fidge said:

Or he may have seen the CAS report. Lots of people have had their mind changed after seeing factual information unadulterated by fanboy media and fanboy CEOs.

He has been duped. The media went rogue. And Senator Di Natale needs to self report to the estimates committee.

Di Natale and Madigan puffing themselves up to grill McDevitt. He must be terrified.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

I thought they still did trial by ordeal over there. Something like you know, put an apple on the accused head and shoot at it with an arrow at a 120 paces. The archer hits the apple and the accused goes free. I guess an appeal would be done with the archer blindfolded.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dr John Dee said:

Di Natale and Madigan puffing themselves up to grill McDevitt. He must be terrified.

Hilarious eh. 

Might just backfire on the pollies

Shlt will fly lol

13 minutes ago, Dr John Dee said:

I recall the heady days when Kerry Packer was hauled before the senate to be hung drawn and quartered over his media practices.

I reckon some of those parliamentarians might still suffer nervous tics when they hear the word "Packer".

Reminded of that for some reason.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Hilarious eh. 

Might just backfire on the pollies

Shlt will fly lol

I don't know who else is on the estimates committee at the moment, but Di Natale and Madigan are likely to make Old Dee's wet tram tickets seem like knuckledusters.

Shortly after CAS suspensions were announced, I predicted that someone eg EFC Coteries would find training facilities for suspended players and hire a recently retired AFL/VFL coach/fitness staff. Well, it could just happen:   Malthouse to coach suspended EFC players!! http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-supplements-saga-mick-malthouse-in-talks-on-coaching-suspended-dons-20160213-gmtbil.html  Malthouse would be accompanied by his long-time fitness sidekick David Buttifant

Quote:  "There is also a question about how such a program would be funded, whether it could be paid by Essendon, the AFLPA, the AFL, the players themselves or  another method"The answer to this will be interesting an whether it violates the WADA suspension rules".

Knowing the AFL's slickness it will find a way to fund the players training and coaching. 

Not sure whether I'm glad or disappointed my prediction may come to pass.  I guess the players are entitled to keep fit and prepare for 2017.  But I believe any funding should not come from the AFL/AFLPA as that is money that belongs to the game and other clubs!

It is just so damn frustrating players are being feted by all and sundry.  They will come out of this like martyrs!!

Edit:  Here is an updated article.  http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-supplements-saga-mick-malthouse-is-the-right-man-for-exiled-dons-20160213-gmtdxb.html Pours a bit of cold water on the idea of Malthouse  coaching.  Interesting article as it lists a lot of the do's/don'ts for players while suspended.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1