THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

An absolutely gutless cop out by an organization full of pomp and ceremony with no substance (sounds like a well known wannabe head of the UN)  

Won't be watching even before this cop out 

Well that makes three of us mono.

18 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Wow. I like the way you've jumped from Robbo "intimating" that the Bombers tanked to accepting it as fact. 

he followed it up with an article in the hun today. pretty strong intimation too. The article was titled "that's a bit rich" but i can't find it online 

6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

btw.......must be close to getting a decision on essendrugs appeal in switzerland. anyone heard anything?

No idea dc but they may have been a little busy lately.

I heard there was a small story about Russia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old dee said:

No idea dc but they may have been a little busy lately.

I heard there was a small story about Russia.

Well that's just so unfair for the powers that be to focus on real foreign drug cheats rather than our true-blue Aussie victims. I think Essendon should have the lawyers draft up a request to drop this whole thing seeing as how long it's dragging on and, for God's sake haven't these boys suffered enough. I mean who knows how much damage is being done to their bodies, liver in particular, during this year of punishment.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

he followed it up with an article in the hun today. pretty strong intimation too. The article was titled "that's a bit rich" but i can't find it online 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/not-tagging-daniel-rich-was-either-poor-coaching-unlucky-coaching-or-selfsabotage-says-mark-robinson/news-story/3d607be2e2984737a1e8a7dec9793334

and use the usual ruse to get around the paywall (more like a payswisscheese)

• Like 2

some wag in the letters section of the paper pointed out that the last time essendrug won the wooden spoon  was when hitler came to power in 1933, and now approach their next wooden spoon just as trump is likely to gain power

an omen? or just another case of godwin's law?

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Wow. I like the way you've jumped from Robbo "intimating" that the Bombers tanked to accepting it as fact. 

You think they didn't ? 

37 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

You think they didn't ? 

I didn't see the game. But here's no logical reason for them to tank. The evidence of many years drafting shows that there is no significant difference in the likely success of two players picked successively, whether it's with picks 1 and 2 or picks 41 and 42.  

Just now, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I didn't see the game. But here's no logical reason for them to tank. The evidence of many years drafting shows that there is no significant difference in the likely success of two players picked successively, whether it's with picks 1 and 2 or picks 41 and 42.  

But there's a BIG difference is positive press AND it also means they get first pick in the PSD in case someone ( they may already have planned for)  conveniently drops into that category. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

They left Daniel Rich untagged Trapper Style .They stanked !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

But there's a BIG difference is positive press AND it also means they get first pick in the PSD in case someone ( they may already have planned for)  conveniently drops into that category. 

I know a few Essendon supporters. Their view is that any "positive press" from having the number 1 pick is offset and more by the negativity of receiving the wooden spoon (without any additional opprobrium from being accused of tanking to get there). As far as having planned for a player, I'm sure they've planned for more than one player and will be happy with whoever they choose whether its at pick #1 or #2.

6 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I know a few Essendon supporters. Their view is that any "positive press" from having the number 1 pick is offset and more by the negativity of receiving the wooden spoon (without any additional opprobrium from being accused of tanking to get there). As far as having planned for a player, I'm sure they've planned for more than one player and will be happy with whoever they choose whether its at pick #1 or #2.

End the "season from hell" get all their players back, turn a new leaf, get the number one draft pick. Lets see come draft day what feels more important the spoon or the excitement. 

• Like 1

I don't think that it is true that EFC or any club doesn't care whether they get pick 1 or 2 despite the fact that #2 can often turn out to be a better player.  If a club is desperately in need of a full forward and the two standouts in the draft are a mid and a full forward,  they'd care.

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

As 'Wells 11' says, the big advantage is in the PSD where if they have identified someone they can get them to walk to that draft and pick them up for nothing.

Lets say the worlds greatest footballer was out of contract and wanted to go to EFC, he could put himself into the PSD and EFC could pick him up for nix. At worst it would give them a pretty decent bargaining chip to work with and screw the other club over with.

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

They will swap pick 1 for 2 top 10 picks or a player and top pick like our Tyson deal. Then they convince a player to go in PSD and get him for nothing. 

Oh hell yeah they tanked. 

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

They will swap pick 1 for 2 top 10 picks or a player and top pick like our Tyson deal. Then they convince a player to go in PSD and get him for nothing. 

Oh hell yeah they ranked.

They have the gall to ask a player to walk to them in the PSD but won't let their WADA suspended players walk to other clubs as DFA's. 

Their double standards and hypocrisy is astounding. 

No matter how well they play in future that will always be a morally corrupt club.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

They have the gall to ask a player to walk to them in the PSD but won't let their WADA suspended players walk to other clubs as DFA's. 

No matter how well they play in future that will always be a morally corrupt club.

Very similar to the IOC LH

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Heh, that was the first thing I thought too.  Epic logic jump.

44 minutes ago, rjay said:

As 'Wells 11' says, the big advantage is in the PSD where if they have identified someone they can get them to walk to that draft and pick them up for nothing.

Lets say the worlds greatest footballer was out of contract and wanted to go to EFC, he could put himself into the PSD and EFC could pick him up for nix. At worst it would give them a pretty decent bargaining chip to work with and screw the other club over with.

I admit I missed the PSD reference. But (a) how often does a really good player end up in the PSD? and (b) how come I keep reading on here that no player would want to go to the EFC...and now there seems to be the possibility that someone might, there's been a 180 degree shift in the argument. That's Robbo logic!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

You know we are discussing Essendon, probably the most difficult club in the AFL to deal with.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I admit I missed the PSD reference. But (a) how often does a really good player end up in the PSD? and (b) how come I keep reading on here that no player would want to go to the EFC...and now there seems to be the possibility that someone might, there's been a 180 degree shift in the argument. That's Robbo logic!

I agree laughing Dee, the only compensating factor is players going to Ess are like taking Pu. You don't realise the trouble your in until it's too late.

6 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

6 hours ago, old dee said:

Very similar to the IOC LH

IOC and FIFA......birds of a feather. 

• Like 1