Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE BOMBERS' SWISS ADVENTURE

Whispering_Jack

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

Didn't see her on the list of 34 past and present.

they only got ONE !! :mellow:

How EFC can exploit salary cap http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/06/16/how-essendon-can-exploit-salary-cap-constraints-in-2017-2020/ In  summary it says pay higher compensation (not in sal cap) and lower contracts (in sal cap).  The AFL said they wouldn't allow that...but for the sake of PR they will likely turn a blind eye.  The only losers? Any clubs hoping to poach Essendon players. (And Paul Little's bank account, apparently...:unsure:

Money talks!  And knowing where the skeletons are buried:huh:!

EFC has gone from the black sheep in recent years to the 'teflon coated favourite son'!!  Sickening! 

• Like 3

And of course they'd argue they're legitimately entitled to such a contrivance. They're the victims after all :rolleyes::unsure:

• Like 2

It seriously makes one question the morality ( let alone the sanity) of any player that could enter into such a duplicitous and Faustian deal.

They are truly testing the fwit meter !!

Questions being raised by the NY Times on what is/has been going on at WADA.

http://deadspin.com/report-wada-is-corrupt-useless-or-both-1782050787

"The thrust of the Times’ story is that WADA, which is funded by the IOC and various governments, is at best a toothless organization with no investigatory powers run by people with massive conflicts of interest, and at worst a smokescreen designed to create the illusion that the IOC cares about doping while secretly working to maintain the status quo."

The NY Times ceased being a worthy vessel decades ago.

• Like 1

WADA is the classic "finger in the hole of the dyke" story. At the moment with corruption everywhere they are struggling. Example is any typical Russian Athlete thence any typical Russian Team. Enough, thence, The whole country. And they didn't even lose their records.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 9:16 AM, old dee said:

And those Russian fools had nominated her for that farce called the Olympics.

Happy to see someone get their right whack.

Old Dee, the Olympics is no more a farce than any professional sport whether it is team based or individual. Nationalism, team sponsors, individual glory and riches, administrators, and all those who make a living out of professional sport are caught up in a web of duplicity, collusion, corruption, misrepresentation and in some cases conspiracy and fraud. It is not new. There are so many vested and conflicted interests now that make eradication nigh impossible. Perhaps it has got worse but doping in sport has been well organised and systemic since the early 1970s. There is greater awareness of the problem now and we have all become cynical and suspicious. We either choose to follow an event or a sport knowing that this dark side exists.  Although perhaps not as bad in this country, it is certainly present both at an individual and team level. The EFC and rugby league are the best examples, but it has existed well before these recent examples. No-one and no country is immune. and we may well be shocked to learn of the dark side of champion athletes that have been considered clean. I will be watching the Olympics and the Tour de France with enthusiasm and interest but with a heightened awareness that there are athletes, teams and countries that are doping. I agree that if caught, they should get their whack. Shame is a powerful force. Also, for those not caught, they have to live with the knowledge and guilt that they cheated. How many sporting heroes of our past have cheated? We will never know but my guess is that the names would fill a book.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2016 at 8:43 AM, beelzebub said:

And of course they'd argue they're legitimately entitled to such a contrivance. They're the victims after all :rolleyes::unsure:

It still pains me that they will get the number one pick in the draft.  The AFL are of the view that they have done their time.  They have been sanctioned for a systemic breach, which put in danger the well being of young men plying their trade.  They have already been found guilty of OH&S breaches.  Such an unprecedented pattern of behaviour, will, by default, be rewarded.

In the meantime, the caveat emptor rule applies to those clubs which, in good faith, drafted former Essendon player in 2015

• Like 6

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-16/worsfold-tells-demons-to-back-off-over-interest-in-michael-hibberd

ESSENDON coach John Worsfold has warned Melbourne to cease any direct talks with banned Bomber Michael Hibberd after the Demons made their interest in the half-back clear.

It is protocol for clubs not to approach players directly while they are contracted, instead dealing with their management.

"I've spoken to him (Hurley) several times and caught up with him a couple of weeks ago … I saw him on the weekend," Worsfold said.  

"I'm more than comfortable that Michael's aware of what we're building here. 

"It's not my call to make about him re-committing for the longer term (but) I'm confident that's the way it'll go." 

---

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-guilty-verdict-banned-players-advised-of-what-they-can-and-cant-do/news-story/69f4b470a62579550fcfb731270007c5

The 12 players still on the Essendon list cannot enter the club’s Tullamarine HQ and there can be no contact with coaches, club staff or players about their preparation or training while in forced exile.

--

Dancing a little close to the edges I would think and in the same breath complain about another club that clearly stated that it had been in touch with the players camp. Not the player. 

• Like 5

Hey Woosha 

2ytwu3s.jpg

What a f'n hypocrite       remind me again how you got to Essendon ??

• Like 5

To suggest PJ would not know the protocols is ludicrous.  That's why players have managers.  When PJ was asked by Ox this morning on SEN, about how far down the track were the conversations with 'Hibberd's people', PJ laughed at first and then simply confirmed the club's interest.  

Woosha was just flying the flag.  Nothing to see here.  Move on.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ManDee said:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-16/worsfold-tells-demons-to-back-off-over-interest-in-michael-hibberd

ESSENDON coach John Worsfold has warned Melbourne to cease any direct talks with banned Bomber Michael Hibberd after the Demons made their interest in the half-back clear.

It is protocol for clubs not to approach players directly while they are contracted, instead dealing with their management.

"I've spoken to him (Hurley) several times and caught up with him a couple of weeks ago … I saw him on the weekend," Worsfold said.  

"I'm more than comfortable that Michael's aware of what we're building here. 

"It's not my call to make about him re-committing for the longer term (but) I'm confident that's the way it'll go." 

---

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-guilty-verdict-banned-players-advised-of-what-they-can-and-cant-do/news-story/69f4b470a62579550fcfb731270007c5

The 12 players still on the Essendon list cannot enter the club’s Tullamarine HQ and there can be no contact with coaches, club staff or players about their preparation or training while in forced exile.

--

Dancing a little close to the edges I would think and in the same breath complain about another club that clearly stated that it had been in touch with the players camp. Not the player. 

Brilliant connection ManDee.

Lets see if any so-called journalists see this as well.

Should be major news, Hurley and Woosha violating the terms of WADA's suspension. I suspect we will hear nothing though.

Even if someone published it, I'm sure the two of them would just say "yeah but we didn't discuss training and preparation so it's ok", and the general football public would believe them.

Edited by Choke
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, iv'a worn smith said:

To suggest PJ would not know the protocols is ludicrous.  That's why players have managers.  When PJ was asked by Ox this morning on SEN, about how far down the track were the conversations with 'Hibberd's people', PJ laughed at first and then simply confirmed the club's interest.  

Woosha was just flying the flag.  Nothing to see here.  Move on.

he also outed himself for breaking WADA protocols. He's a perfect fit at Windy Hill....just full of  ..it !!

Worsfold can make contact with Hurley as long as it's not about his "preparation or training".

Under AFL laws, Melbourne can make contact with Hurley or Hibberd whenever they want, and even offer terms should they indicate they want to leave their current club. But a player cannot sign legally binding "contracts, agreements, arrangements or understandings".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

Worsfold can make contact with Hurley as long as it's not about his "preparation or training".

Under AFL laws, Melbourne can make contact with Hurley or Hibberd whenever they want, and even offer terms should they indicate they want to leave their current club. But a player cannot sign legally binding "contracts, agreements, arrangements or understandings".

and I totally trust them to adhere to this limitation...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hemingway said:

Old Dee, the Olympics is no more a farce than any professional sport whether it is team based or individual. Nationalism, team sponsors, individual glory and riches, administrators, and all those who make a living out of professional sport are caught up in a web of duplicity, collusion, corruption, misrepresentation and in some cases conspiracy and fraud. It is not new. There are so many vested and conflicted interests now that make eradication nigh impossible. Perhaps it has got worse but doping in sport has been well organised and systemic since the early 1970s. There is greater awareness of the problem now and we have all become cynical and suspicious. We either choose to follow an event or a sport knowing that this dark side exists.  Although perhaps not as bad in this country, it is certainly present both at an individual and team level. The EFC and rugby league are the best examples, but it has existed well before these recent examples. No-one and no country is immune. and we may well be shocked to learn of the dark side of champion athletes that have been considered clean. I will be watching the Olympics and the Tour de France with enthusiasm and interest but with a heightened awareness that there are athletes, teams and countries that are doping. I agree that if caught, they should get their whack. Shame is a powerful force. Also, for those not caught, they have to live with the knowledge and guilt that they cheated. How many sporting heroes of our past have cheated? We will never know but my guess is that the names would fill a book.

All you say may well be correct Ernest however this organisation is corrupt at the top and all through the country delegate system.

We can be sure that athletes at Rio will be drug cheating. Due to these factors I made the decision to have nothing to do with it.

Now I know this will achieve little but I in all good conscience I cannot support it in any way.

I have no interest in the Olympics and probably never will.

I have little interest in anything AFL with the exception of the MFC for some of the same reasons.

15 minutes ago, old dee said:

All you say may well be correct Ernest however this organisation is corrupt at the top and all through the country delegate system.

We can be sure that athletes at Rio will be drug cheating. Due to these factors I made the decision to have nothing to do with it.

Now I know this will achieve little but I in all good conscience I cannot support it in any way.

I have no interest in the Olympics and probably never will.

I have little interest in anything AFL with the exception of the MFC for some of the same reasons.

A man of principle OD. And I can't blame you. I still love sport but the medals, cup or urn are all a little tarnished.  I do agree the Olympic organisation like FIFA is heavily conflicted by politics and self interest but I will be watching the contest and cheering for the Aussies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mauriesy said:

Actually thats not quite right

2:10

Prohibited Association Association by an Athlete or other Person subject to the authority of an Anti-Doping Organization in a professional or sport-related capacity with any Athlete Support Person who:  ( and on its goes  )

note THEIR wording.. There is NO other relationship between Woosher and Hurley other than Sports related.

The club becomes effectively  OFF Limits and vice versa....thats the intention of the ban after all.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

The words I reported were paraphrased in an Age article. I don't think checking up on their general welfare or making contact just to say hello is 'sports-related'.

I took you as more adept at recognising bs Maurisey

On 6/16/2016 at 8:43 AM, beelzebub said:

Don't worry BB. I'm sure the big fella is watching this closely and will make sure that any No 1 draft pick will turn out to be an injury riddled, massive spud who will infect the club with an aggressively virulent STD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Don't worry BB. I'm sure the big fella is watching this closely and will make sure that any No 1 draft pick will turn out to be an injury riddled, massive spud who will infect the club with an aggressively virulent STD.

We had a high draft pick like that didn't we, he never succeeded with the STD from what I hear although he did try to get as many STD's as possible if the rumours are true. He ended up out west from memory.

Reckon there could be some movement at the "station" soon with "our boys" pushing their cases to further careers elsewhere.

The Age this arvo seems to think the CAS Case is stamped to be heard when Russia is out of the way which could be never.