The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

Just now, dee-luded said:

just a little emphasis.  'nut',  if you don't need the emphasis,  then its not intended for you.  so you don't need to feel offended.  its just text highlighted, 'nut'.

it takes a lot to offend me - its all good !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutbean said:

its like the Da Vinci code.

lets not have the northern grey suits, make keep this club so 'plaid' & so straight its boring... its just NOT proper english... oh wow!

creativity is the order of the new millennium.

Edited by dee-luded

6 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

No I didn't dd36.... we are talking about Viney roughing up TMac & he didn't like it,   so maybe he needed it.  Maybe TMac needs toughening up ???  You see Tmac didn't get injured, but just maybe his EGO got hurt???

we need the gloves off... injuries are mostly short term,,,  but soft cultures can ruin clubs for decades at one time...

No you have completely missed what i said which im not surprise.

I dont care if i juries are short term. I do NOT want to lose our best and borderline All Australian defender for a couple of weeks because his teammate thought he would be a hero and tackle him head first during a training drill. I am all for tackling and competitive juices on the training track but not trying to kill each other for "short term injuries" to improve a culture thats already on the up.

Stop livinging the 80s 'luded' footy has change and if a Tommy Mac goes down then we potentially in deep trouble.

1 minute ago, dee-luded said:

lets not have the northern grey suits, make keep this club so 'plaid' & so straight its boring... its just NOT proper english... oh wow!

creativity is the order of the new millennium.

I was about to reply then I re-read your name. Enough said.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

No you have completely missed what i said which im not surprise.

I dont care if i juries are short term. I do NOT want to lose our best and borderline All Australian defender for a couple of weeks because his teammate thought he would be a hero and tackle him head first during a training drill. I am all for tackling and competitive juices on the training track but not trying to kill each other for "short term injuries" to improve a culture thats already on the up.

Stop livinging the 80s 'luded' footy has change and if a Tommy Mac goes down then we potentially in deep trouble.

your still looking at the short-term of a handful of games (to win)... in your mind.

.... as against adopting a new attitude of aggression into our culture for the good of long term.  you seem to be one of the people who think aggression only needs to be displayed by one or two players,,,   instead of across the whole list,   that every player has to share the responsibility of being aggressive at the ball,  & at the opposition.

5 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I was about to reply then I re-read your name. Enough said.

sad reply

Edited by dee-luded

9 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

your still looking at the short-term of a handful of games (to win)... in your mind.

.... as against adopting a new attitude of aggression into our culture for the good of long term.  you seem to be one of the people who think aggression only needs to be displayed by one or two players,,,   instead of across the whole list,   that every player has to share the responsibility of being aggressive at the ball,  & at the opposition.

sad reply

Since when does 'every player' has to be aggressive at the ball? Gunston, Hill brothers, Smith, Sidebottom are just a few player are outstanding outside players but not hard and aggressive at all.

We recruited the likes of Oliver Brayshaw Vandenberg Petracca Viney Salem to build the foundation and hard culture which is already showing. They do their best work on gamedays. This culture will grow as these guys mature.

Im sorry but McDonald is someone we cannot afford to lose.

I went to a training session last year and about 30 seconds after I got there, Pedo did his ankle, or was it his knee. The forwards were doing some light marking practice and Pedo went up by himself, came down awkwardly, and that was his season.

Can happen to anyone anytime. It's just bad luck.

Yes, more likely to happen if everyone's hammer and tongs at it, but no matter what you do, you will cop some injuries at training.

Rather it be when the boys are going at it hammer and tongs. Let's see them make hammer and tongs a normal practice. I don't want their first time to be when they're getting ready to go up against Hawthorn or Freo.

I think Tommy's attitude is more revealing than JV's. "Hey man, what are you doing???" (said in slightly hysterical tones) Everyone knows JV is hard at it. Let them all be hard at it, all the time. Not in terms of throwing themselves at the ball like madmen, but in terms of being determined and unforgiving to the opposition.

• Like 4

Trenners will have to kick with that foot well before it gets stood on in a match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

Trenners will have to kick with that foot well before it gets stood on in a match.

Accidentally ....of course :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Coup Cooper said:

I just posted some footage on Twitter..

Still kicking only with the right foot, same as last week. 

However, while I'm no physio or doctor, I would think that there is more stress placed on the left foot when kicking with the right. The left bears all the weight and is being flexed, the right remains straight......so maybe the foot is actually quite strong....

• Like 1

Speaking of Dan Brown, read this excellent and very funny parody review in The Telegraph. Here's a sample:

The critics said his writing was clumsy, ungrammatical, repetitive and repetitive. They said it was full of unnecessary tautology. They said his prose was mired in a sea of mixed metaphors. For some reason they found something funny in sentences such as “His eyes went white, like a shark about to attack.” They even say my books are packed with banal and superfluous description, thought the 5ft 9in man. He particularly hated it when they said his imagery was nonsensical. It made his insect eyes flash like a rocket.

• Like 2