Josh Mahoney on SEN 15 October 2015

rolling fog

Is JM unhappy because the club put a lot of work into the trade of Howe & Pick 6 to the Suns in return for Prestia, before Howe threw a spanner in the works with nominating the Pies

Just a thought

• Like 3

We may as well force Howe into draft. And tell Kennedy to do the same and get him with our last pick rather than waste in on a earlier trade value. We will get him for nothin anyway. Show some balls dees. We get nothin for Howe either way, but we get Kennedy at last pick anyway.

Kennedy's contracted, don't think he can just go to the draft.

• Like 3

Is JM unhappy because the club put a lot of work into the trade of Howe & Pick 6 to the Suns in return for Prestia, before Howe threw a spanner in the works with nominating the Pies

Just a thought

Or pick 3 to get so we can get the super talented Parish!

We HAVE to stick fat with this, If JH doesn't want to move interstate then he does not have to. Guess what Jeremy - you already have a Victorian club - us! Your manager said it's not about $$$ (snicker) but about having a set position to play each week. Hmmm.......so Collingwood have obviously said we will play you where you want to Jeremy because it's all about you sweetheart. We will play you as a (insert whim here) until you tell us you want something else. FFS Jeremy, if you want this then go back as playing coach of the obscure team, in the most isolated state in the world, that we recruited you from so it can be all about you. It's such a selfish attitude from a bloke that his current coach said this year played the best non possession half he had ever seen, yet you apparently feel unloved and under utilised. You have F'd us around all year and waited until well into trade period to pick your team. Well JH, it's not your call! A player with 10 times the ability you have (Bennell) ultimately had just one club willing take the risk with him because of his selfish attitude. Your not in his class and you will be found out very quickly at your new club. Gold Coast will be more forgiving as your MO of mark of the day followed by instant turnover will be tolerated more in a non AFL state. I will miss your one trick but not your attitude. We are better off without you. 'Bye!

Edited by Palace Dees
  • Like 2

Gut feel is JM is [censored] off because pick 3 was to be used for something big. Howe's change of mind has thrown other plans into disarray. No idea how Collingwood can better, let alone match what GC had offered. Particularly with Treloar and Aish in their plans.

They send Ben Reid to Gold Coast in place of Howe?

I don't think it was mentioned, but Mahoney said on SEN that the reason Howe had nominated the Pies as his preferred club was because he did not want to move interstate.

Means his unlikely to take his chance with the PSD, especially if both Lions and Suns are interested.

Funny from a bloke from Tassie hey?

It was mentioned by his manager on SEN a few days back that his mother in Hobart has some health issues and that he wanted to stay close - staying in Melbourne was preferred because there are direct flights at most hours, GC was acceptable but not ideal as most flights to Tassie are via Melbourne, Freo was ruled out because the flight is too far.

It was mentioned by his manager on SEN a few days back that his mother in Hobart has some health issues and that he wanted to stay close - staying in Melbourne was preferred because there are direct flights at most hours, GC was acceptable but not ideal as most flights to Tassie are via Melbourne, Freo was ruled out because the flight is too far.

Someone should let him know Melbourne is in Victoria.

Reminds me of the story of a worried Scully returning to Oz from the China trip early because of his sick sister.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

The moment a thread mentions "Prestia is a certainty" I decide silly season is open and anyone can have a go.

So...

Pick 6 and Howe for Sidebottom? (Just because it would be hilarious)

In other madness, I wonder if the possible Carlisle-Hawthorn trade would squeeze a decent player out due to salary cap? We'd be doing well if we grabbed one of the Hawks speedy sabres.

Reminds me of the story of a worried Scully returning to Oz from the China trip early because of his sick sister.

I took it at face value, was sometime between 10-11am on Tuesday, KB mentioned that Freo was reportedly interested and his manager trotted that out - just highlighted that the longer flights and airport stopovers are inconvenient if he wants to make a day trip.

The moment a thread mentions "Prestia is a certainty" I decide silly season is open and anyone can have a go.

So...

In other madness, I wonder if the possible Carlisle-Hawthorn trade would squeeze a decent player out due to salary cap? We'd be doing well if we grabbed one of the Hawks speedy sabres.

Sidebottom would be a good target - surely Collingwood couldn't offer him anything near what we could $$wise.

Cloke, Pendlebury, Swan, Greenwood on 500k+, the likes of Varcoe, Adams, Elliot, Reid and Toovey would also be on decent wages add in Treloar and Howe and they have to be paying close to the full cap.

So...

More likely to be Pendlebury, he supported Melbourne don'tcha know......

• Like 1

Hale, Lake and Anderson might create room

Edited by Moonshadow

I'm sceptical but you've got a few runs on the board GNF. Thanks for sharing.

His average got hammered when he claimed Jake Lever was a lock at pick 3 and that we offered pick 2 and 3 for Dangerfield...

• Like 1

Club going all out for Prestia... Pick 3 would have sealed the deal. I understand the frustration.

Dees still very confident he will be in red and blue 2016.

Pick 3, part of a larger complicated trade. Obviously not going back to GC.

Was wondering when you would join the party, you seem to be making it up on the run again 'GNF'.

I prefered GNF's puzzles and riddles : two birds will fly before us, one from a northern lake the other featherbin black, roosting to the west.

Remember when Dangerfield AND Kennedy were going to join the club, and Roos would apparently end up looking like the biggest genius in the history of the AFL?

Those were the days.

• Like 2

Josh Mohoney isn't up for the job. Why the [censored] do we wait halfway into trade week for a decision by Howe? Other clubs force players to choose early meanwhile we fluff around and sit on our hands while his in Bali kicking back with the Pies wel into trade week.

To be honest we should have forced his hand as soon as he put off contract talks to end of season.

• Like 1

So...

How about:

GCS - give pick 3 to Pies & Prestia to Melb

Melb - give pick 6 to GCS & Howe to Coll

Coll - give Sidebottom (or player of similar value) to GCS

So:

GCS - get pick 6 & Sidebottom (or ...) for pick 3 & Prestia

Melb - get Prestia for pick 6 & Howe [what we originally wanted?]

Coll - get pick 3 & Howe for Sidebottom

Not sure that Sidebottom is quite the right player here, but you get the idea. Maybe Witts or Grundy is a better fit - would have to be good enough so that if Pies want Howe and pick 3, it's going to have to hurt.

Note that GCS come off better than they would if it was just a direct trade of pick 6 & Howe for Prestia - whichever Collingwood player they pick up would be far better than Howe.

And we end up getting Prestia for pick 6 & Howe - what we always wanted.

Find that a bit hard to swallow given he was willing to leave MFC for GC.