• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Radio Discussion

What

Can someone please give a brief on the injury history of O'Meara and of Prestia?

Thanks

I agree that fully fit, O'Meara is the better player. How about we swap him for Howe and pick 6, and grab Dion in Free Agency next year :)

Because Prestia wont be a free agent next year, he'll be out of contract. Will still have to trade for him.

• Like 1

Can someone please give a brief on the injury history of O'Meara and of Prestia?

Thanks

Prestia tore his lateral meniscus this year, missed from round 9 onwards. O'Meara had surgery on both patella tendons in January after suffering tendinitis all through last year, then ruptured his patella tendon in his first NEAFL game back in April.

Is Prestia on his feet ? Running ? Ready for preseason ?

Carlisle for pick 5

Pretty sure essendon are still on the gear

If true, then surely Essendon must also be sending their 2nd round pick to the Filth so they ontrade Freeman to the Aints.

Pick 5 for Carlisle on his own would be massive overs!

Is Prestia on his feet ? Running ? Ready for preseason ?

Prestia is back in Gold Coast doing his Pre season program at the suns gym facilities which is why it makes me think Prestia wont leave at all this year.

• Like 1

Assuming we have a choice between Dion and Jaeger, who'd we pick?

Considering Prestia would need much less convincing than O'Meara, and he (DP) only has the year left on his contract, I'd rather pick O'Meara this year and tell DP we'll see him end of next year. Get your body right for 12 months champ and we'll see you then.

• Like 1

Bernie posted a picture with Lachie Neale on Instagram.

Conclusion- Lachie Neale is the big fish. Straight swap for Dawes.

Your logic is flawless.

As good as done.

Just like when Viney abd Petracca had that kick to kick with McStay.

• Like 2

Thanks

TheSunGod Norm Smith Medallist at Big footy

........... Both kneecaps operated on for patella tendinitis. Then Shattered knee in first game back. Unprecedented injury at AFL level, except for Chris Knights (Richmond) who had to retire due to recurring complications.

Still unknown whether JOM will get back. Meant to be ready to start running by start of preseason. Kid cost GCSuns 2 X early first rounders. Will be devastated if it's curtains on his career or if he leaves.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/a...357676002?sv=f3c54e59afd3f9b843ecdbb83a581a7f

Yes please. A quick and classy midfielder is exactly what we need.

Get it done!

• Like 1

O'Meara has been doing a lot of work behind the scenes in 2015 establishing a post-playing career. Make of that what you will.

He's buying up real-estate in multiple cities and has tangible interests in another (heavily AFL focused) industry.

Edited by Lamashtu

Yes please. A quick and classy midfielder is exactly what we need.

Get it done!

not likely ...but wouldn't mind

Im feeling uneasy about O'Meara...just me

Im feeling uneasy about O'Meara...just me

Not just you Bub.

Both O'Meara and Prestia are said to be responding slowly to their injuries with Prestia the more advanced of the two. My mail is that O'Meara would be lucky to play half a season next year unless his condition makes a rapid improvement.

Prestia, as alluded to by Dazzle is in the gym which means he's in the very early stages of his recovery. At the very best, he is going to miss most of the preseason.

The information I had came from a person previously connected with the Suns who's words to me initially were that if a club was after either of them, they should "closely examine their scans". Which of course, every club would and should do.

My guess would be that pursuing O'Meara at this point in time would be high risk, Prestia, less so but still more of an investment for 2017 and beyond.

• Like 3

Prestia's injury is a meniscus injury I've read. Whilst I'm not an expert, most meniscus injuries result in a full recovery. That's on the proviso that there has been no sever cartilage damage.

O'Meara's injury sounds a lot more nasty. The tendinitis is one thing to get over(maybe his rest during injury has helped) but a snapped patella tendon may effect his explosiveness in the future you would think.

The injuries to both players could be seen as a bargaining point from our perspective & may help us pay a lower price. There are no guarantees that any player will get over a serious injury so the club should weigh this up when they are making an offer to the Suns. It sounds like O'Meara is staying anyway but if there was actual negotiations then there is no way we should offer up the same price for O'Meara like he was fully fit. In saying all this the risk you are taking with the injury is measurable against the risk you take with someone like Harley Bennell. Sometimes the risk may be worth taking for a known quantity versus a gamble in the draft unless you were to draft an inside mid who usually develop.

It was rumoured during the year that O'Meara was looking to move to Melbourne for a career move, maybe there is a slight chance we are looking at him as well as Prestia.

• Like 2

The kind of patella tendon injuries O'Meara has are a huge concern. Much the same with chronic Achilles issues. He would be a big risk for the future, and I'd be surprised if any club would give up anything of real value for him. Prestia must have had some chondral (joint surface) damage going along with his lateral meniscal tear, on account of his continued absence. This is also concerning. How the joint stands up to repeated weightbearing can be unpredictable. Some develop intractable irritability (Clint Bartram, career over), some settle and develop medium term longevity (Luke Hodge). If MFC are really a chance for either of these two, there would have to be some very deep consideration of their likely longevity in the game, or for JOM a return to the game.

• Like 13

I can't believe some of the picks teams are considering giving up for average or unproven players

Mcarthey is talented but not worth 2 first rounders.

Yarren imo is not worth pick 12

• Like 2