Brownlow Medal count 2015

Moonshadow

I think Fyfe would've copped it from us given how skinny he was when he was drafted. He might not have reached this potential with us not to mention the WA factor

The body he has now is ridiculous though. I wonder what the hard-work/genetics/good-training-methods ratio is there.

• Like 2

Howe a bit stiff to miss mark of the year but it was always going to go to the human highlight reel, Nic. Nat. But in pure athleticism, Howe got up there without assistance and from the side. Degree of difficulty quite high I thought.

Howe a bit stiff to miss mark of the year but it was always going to go to the human highlight reel, Nic. Nat. But in pure athleticism, Howe got up there without assistance and from the side. Degree of difficulty quite high I thought.

It is rather ironic that a big man like Nic Nat wins the mark of the year when he took just 30 marks in 20 games for an average of just 1.5 per game.One and a half marks a game for a ruck man is rather puny to put it mildly. No doubt his athleticism gained him the award in this case. Howe was superior with his effort. By the way, big Maxy took 57 marks in just 13 games at an average of 4.3.
  • Like 2

JPK fourth in the count but couldn't get a gig in the AA side.

And second in the AFL coaches award I think...what a disgrace

The AA selectors are, and always have been pathetic. Remember when Yze couldn't get in despite winning/top placing in multiple media awards? The nuffies said " oh, you have to do it over a number of years.." honestly they are all a joke, the Rising Star, the Brownlow the AA side etc.

It is rather ironic that a big man like Nic Nat wins the mark of the year when he took just 30 marks in 20 games for an average of just 1.5 per game.One and a half marks a game for a ruck man is rather puny to put it mildly. No doubt his athleticism gained him the award in this case. Howe was superior with his effort. By the way, big Maxy took 57 marks in just 13 games at an average of 4.3.

The media are in love with NicNat. Great highlights reel but thats about it for mine.

• Like 1

I think Fyfe would've copped it from us given how skinny he was when he was drafted. He might not have reached this potential with us not to mention the WA factor

Actually go and watch his under 18s video.. its actually quite bad! Lol

But it also proves how hard he has worked to get to where is now. Probably skinnier then what Jack Watts was and is now one of the beast midfielders of the competition.

• Like 4

Actually go and watch his under 18s video.. its actually quite bad! Lol

But it also proves how hard he has worked to get to where is now. Probably skinnier then what Jack Watts was and is now one of the beast midfielders of the competition.

He fact he used to match up on Cale Morton in the backyard says it all.

His kicking still isn't THAT great. He's just so explosive and strong through the core, it seems like others simply can't tackle him.

He's an outright champion. Priddis is a great story but Fyfe is more the type of player you think of when you think Brownlow medal winner.

Great winner, humble and down to earth. Very composed despite Bruce creaming himself with every cringeworthy question.

It really has become a midfielders medal. Top 10 were mids before Goldstein. Bit ridiculous that players like Tom Mac and Heath Shaw didn't poll a vote. The umps really need to start taking notice of players outside the centre square!

• Like 1

Great winner, humble and down to earth. Very composed despite Bruce creaming himself with every cringeworthy question.

It really has become a midfielders medal. Top 10 were mids before Goldstein. Bit ridiculous that players like Tom Mac and Heath Shaw didn't poll a vote. The umps really need to start taking notice of players outside the centre square!

I had a pretty good laugh when Fyfe suggested that Bruce would win a Brownlow with Sandilands hitting it down his throat.

• Like 1

what gun Fyfe is. played the second half of the season on one leg and missed 4 games and still won. he would have cracked 40 votes if he stayed fit

on another topic, I think they should officially exclude defenders from the brownlow. its [censored] ridiculous. obviously the umpires have no appreaciation for the skill involved in being a good defender. they just vote for whoever gets the ball the most

T Mac gettin no votes and Scarlet hardly polling over the years when he was one of the best players of the past 30 years sums it up.