Who is the 'Big Fish'?

DistrACTION Jackson

Select the Big Fish  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just saw Josh Kennedy at melbourne airport.

I'm sure that means nothing at all!

Well he wasnt at Essendon, Moorabbin or Avalon airport so we can rule out the Bombers, Saints and Cats

We must be on his short list

• Like 9

I doubt there will be a BIG FISH traded to us this year

Could put ourselves in a better position to land one next year though

Jaeger O'meara springs to mind

IMO the most important big fish is wearing #1 with us already

Need to lock him down during next year

Amazed Freo haven't thrown the kitchen sink at him already

What...no big fish..? but like no fish at all.......Haven't we got a bag of dollars? .....how does geelong get 2 or 3 big fish...collingwood one ....carlisle to St k....where's our recruiters.....? where's the A grade midfielder we were PROMISED! I want to talk to P Roos right away.!...I'm not happy! How can we be happy with this?!!

If nothing happens tomorrow I will post a really angry blog where I WRITE EVERYTHING IN BIG WRITING LIKE THIS!!!!

• Like 2

Who says we need a Big Fish! If we develop Viney, Salem, Brayshaw, Petracca, Viney and Tyson well, then we've already got some solid A Grade talent. Throw in Melksham, Bastinac, Vandenberg, Harmes and a couple more draft picks this year. We already have Jones, Vince, Hogan, Garlett, Kent. I can see real competition for spots with this spread of players. Hell, Michie might improve in leaps and bounds and Gawny is looking like a superb ruckman at the moment. Chins up fellow Demons supporters, I think we can move further up the Win/Loss ratio next year!

Who says we need a Big Fish! If we develop Viney, Salem, Brayshaw, Petracca, Viney and Tyson well, then we've already got some solid A Grade talent. Throw in Melksham, Bastinac, Vandenberg, Harmes and a couple more draft picks this year. We already have Jones, Vince, Hogan, Garlett, Kent. I can see real competition for spots with this spread of players. Hell, Michie might improve in leaps and bounds and Gawny is looking like a superb ruckman at the moment. Chins up fellow Demons supporters, I think we can move further up the Win/Loss ratio next year!

Two words:

Treng

Ove.

That is a compelling argument...

I'm sold.

Disagree, Brayshaw Self.

Disagree.

What more is there to say? It doesn't settle it at all, IMO. All it means is that we've yet to sign someone at this stage.

• Like 1

Heard from a really good source that Dangerfield is in Victoria at the moment... who knows what could happen ;)

My sources at Denpasar airport tell me that Bali are making a big move on a number of AFL players, including Howe, the Collingwood captain and coach. Essendon will be relocated there after the WADA suspensions, and they'll be known as the Bali Bombers. (Bad taste?)

• Like 4

Disagree.

So you think that Mahoney saying 'we're not able to land an 'A-grader' at this point' means we won't at all (aka 'Pretty much settles it')? I thought you were smarter than that, mate.

I have the feeling that Howe to GC is our best opportunity to land a big fish, either directly with GC or via accumulating picks to then trade to Syd or GWS who have quality academy kids (and F/S) to pay for...

Mind you, it depends on your definition of a big fish.

Is a player who comes in and within a couple of years wins our B&F a "big fish"?

If so, Vince was one... and another may not be as hard as we think.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

I have the feeling that Howe to GC is our best opportunity to land a big fish, either directly with GC or via accumulating picks to then trade to Syd or GWS who have quality academy kids (and F/S) to pay for...

Completely agree. Howe goes to GCS and we have a chance at landing the big fish. Just because Mahoney says we haven't been able to land one at this point, does not rule out the possibility of it eventuating at a later date.

Edited by AdamFarr

For mine JM is just talking the talk..as usual these blokes are very choosy about words. The ones that stood out to me were "at this point" In reality that doesnt dismiss anything. It just means exactly that.. Nothing has landed...yet.

For mine JM is just talking the talk..as usual these blokes are very choosy about words. The ones that stood out to me were "at this point" In reality that doesnt dismiss anything. It just means exactly that.. Nothing has landed...yet.

Usually by this point in October my bush telegraph is smouldering.

But there's bugger all out there this year. This is only a gut feel, but I sense something clandestine happening.

The Hamish Hartlett example shows where Melbourne are at. I heard that weeks before and was sworn to secrecy. We unearthed the chance of him walking, but when other clubs picked up on it was a feeding frenzy until Port ended it with 6 years.

Reckon we've got the cards stapled to the chest, lest the more attractive clubs roll in and bury us.

Bit to play out yet.

Edited by Chook in Perth
  • Like 11

Usually by this point in October my bush telegraph is smouldering.

But there's bugger all out there this year. This is only a gut feel, but I sense something clandestine happening.

The Hamish Hartlett example shows where Melbourne are at. I heard that weeks before and was sworn to secrecy. We unearthed the chance of him walking, but when other clubs picked up on it was a feeding frenzy until Port ended it with 6 years.

Reckon we've got the cards stapled to the chest, lest the more attractive clubs roll in and bury us.

Bit to play out yet.

Stupid clubs with their stupid wins and their stupid success

I hate all other clubs

• Like 12