Great to have this bloke (McCartney) at the club

Chris

This video was posted on the club website today, it is the first interview with McCartney since he joined the club. Makes me think the club is in even better hands than I already thought.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-09-04/mccartney-opens-up

• Like 5

My impression was he is calm, collected, knows what he is doing and where the club needs to go, and confident in his own abilities. Probably my favorite part was the bit about the young enthusiastic coaches and that he sees the older heads being the ones to ensure the path they take is considered and leading us to sustained success.

Has me all exited about the club again!

• Like 2

As we know there is a thread on here about Roosy, with some questioning his record at the MFC. What he has said and the way Macca has said it makes me believe that collectively, behind closed doors, the coaching staff are heading in the right direction. What Macca said is something I have been wanting to hear come out of the MFC for a long time. Thanks BM. You're what the Dees should be all about. Long overdue!!!!

Edited by iv'a worn smith
  • Like 4

We've seen it all before

Actually string a few wins together, that will impress me

I get the feeling you wont be happy until we go through a whole season undefeated, and even then you would probably say we need to do it next year too!

I also don't think I have seen this before, I don't think we have been in such measured and stable hands as we are with Roos and McCartney. If McCartney is half as good at communicating with the kids as he appears to be in this video then he is a great asset and we are in good hands.

• Like 5

I get the feeling you wont be happy until we go through a whole season undefeated, and even then you would probably say we need to do it next year too!

I am so sick of people at this club saying all the nice things

I want to see something tangeable happen on field

The fact is that the last 4 weeks we have played teams all over the ladder and lost them all by an average of 9 goals

Worse, we have done it in a way that looks like the team is not particularly interested in what's going on

In fact, you could easily argue that since the bye we have regressed to being the worst side in the comp again

No amount of platitudes from the staff, admin and players will make any impression on me while this is happening on the field

• Like 7

I am so sick of people at this club saying all the nice things

I want to see something tangeable happen on field

The fact is that the last 4 weeks we have played teams all over the ladder and lost them all by an average of 9 goals

Worse, we have done it in a way that looks like the team is not particularly interested in what's going on

In fact, you could easily argue that since the bye we have regressed to being the worst side in the comp again

No amount of platitudes from the staff, admin and players will make any impression on me while this is happening on the field

Seems the veil has gripped you so tight it now looks like lycra!

I do get where you are coming from though but I have more faith it what I ma hearing form the club than I think I have ever had, for once they seem to really know what they are doing and aren't looking for the quick fix.

Figured I should watch it before I judged...

At first I was just ready to drum my fingers at the usual statements that began to wear thin quite a few years ago.

But there is something very sincere about him. Little phrases like "losses that take you to a dark place" aren't quite normal and suggest that the thought really belongs to himself, not an automatic blather.

Maybe I'm just in a good mood now because of the highlights shown in the video.

• Like 2

Does Ellie McKenzie still work at the MFC? At least she had a bit of personality and vibrancy when she did interviews, Burgs puts me to sleep

I actually like it when interviewers are in the background and give the interviewee time and space to express themselves properly.

More often than not its all about them.

Matts questioning style was spot on and helped make the encounter the success it was.

Give credit where it's due.

• Like 3

Does Ellie McKenzie still work at the MFC? At least she had a bit of personality and vibrancy when she did interviews, Burgs puts me to sleep

Trust me Ellie would not have been able to pull off a good interview like that where its open and honest.

I also don't think I have seen this before, I don't think we have been in such measured and stable hands as we are with Roos and McCartney. If McCartney is half as good at communicating with the kids as he appears to be in this video then he is a great asset and we are in good hands.

McCartney sounds like an impressive man, but so did Neil Craig went interviewed..All these coaches are clever people

But the last 4 weeks is very worrying to me, so like Curry a few others i need to see a few wins before i can fully endorse the above

We have been through so many false dawns...We need to see solid results building...