GAME DAY

Freddy Fuschia

Hope we learned something from the Blues yesterday and don't go around the boundary trying to limit the damage all day. I mean it's not like we're going to miss the finals by percentage...

• Like 2

Hope we learned something from the Blues yesterday and don't go around the boundary trying to limit the damage all day. I mean it's not like we're going to miss the finals by percentage...

Agreed, no harm in letting the players run loose today and try to play offensively. Players should be feeling the freedom to take the game on, especially when finals are out of the equation and we're just playing for pride.

Carlton are an excellent example of a rejuvenated team enjoying their football when all the complexity gets stripped away.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

Agreed, no harm in letting the players run loose today and try to play offensively. Players should be feeling the freedom to take the game on, especially when finals are out of the equation and we're just playing for pride.

Carlton are an excellent example of a rejuvenated team enjoying their football when all the complexity gets stripped away.

We'll get more confidence out of losing by 10 goals but attacking and enjoying our footy than losing by 10 goals going around the boundary all day and only kicking 4 ourselves.

• Like 3

80+ points, loss coming up.

We will be physically monstered early, and wont recover.

If we take the game on, we might score 6 goals all day. Any side relying on Spencer and Concrete hands Dawes as key forwards, wont bother any AFL side.

• Like 1

I keep having Flashbacks

"The Horror...The Horror..."

I've done a number of deployments to Afghan/Iraq and a number of other lovely places and don't have PTSD at all attributed to that.

My PTSD is attributed to being an MFC supporter.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 9

Better get some of that "good stuff" that used to around in the 70's SWYL - guaranteed to ease the pain.

yep. Shovel it in Hunter S Thompson style BBO. It's the only way to cope with this yearly hell hole fixture...
  • Like 2

I'm actually looking forward to going to ikea today (cant believe i just said that).

Mate, going to IKEA today with KIDS will be a more pleasant afternoon than watching the footy.

There is no reason we cant win 36 blokes on the ground 2 arms 2 legs and 1 head each go dees

• Like 1

For anyone that cares Terry Wallace did a list comparison on who is more closer to a flag out of us and Saints and huge upside by 2018 and plough picked us.

Was actually a good assessment by Wallace who actually has a soft spot for us ([censored] down Damo Barrett when he questioned the Tyson trade?

For anyone that cares Terry Wallace did a list comparison on who is more closer to a flag out of us and Saints and huge upside by 2018 and plough picked us.

Was actually a good assessment by Wallace who actually has a soft spot for us ([censored] down Damo Barrett when he questioned the Tyson trade?

Is that the same "list manager" that picked Tambling ahead of Buddy?

• Like 2

First time poster, long time reader, massive Dees fan!

Awkward introductions aside, today I am looking for continued development in our younger blokes. I don't expect to win but I expect us to be competitive in the contest. I am excited about seeing Gawn as a stay at home forward and I would love to see Watts & Toumpas continue what I believe has been a very promising fortnight of footy. Without knowing or seeing much of Neal-Bullen at all, I am really interested in seeing how he adjusts to the pace of AFL footy after last weeks introduction.

A hard, spirited contest today will confirm my belief that we are heading in the right direction. Bail the sub for me.

Yep let's see how Watts, Toumpas, Howe, Dawes etc fare with the teams hopes on their shoulders. With several players out they need to continue their recent form to keep us in the game today. If they drop off against better opposition with the expectation on them to lead then their last month of footy will be worthless (Toumpas aside)

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

I wont be watching today.

Decided i would head out with the Mrs and actually enjoy my Sunday.

With the injuries, form and all round fitness/attitude of this team, id be suprised it we even get within 10 goals.

LOL, you'd be the only person in the world to think an afternoon at ikea was better than anything

I just go for the food, dc.

On the way down now. I was at 186, can't see it being that bad. We just have to make it an arm wrestle. If we can restrict them to 10 goals, we're a slim chance. They'll have too much class for us though. Gotta hurt Selwood early.

So the boys look like they know what's coming already:

CH_rPN5VAAAAaHC.jpg

whats wrong with these blokes,at least look interested