2015 apparent out of contract players merged with targets at seasons end

MadAsHell

Its funny how people say that the change and a reality check is what Stef Martin needed, but the thought of getting Ty Vickery from Richmond is a horrible idea... Why couldn't the change of scenery not help Ty like it did for Stef..

Vickery certainly has more natural talent IMO.

On my way to the Richmond game, I said to two Tigers supporters on the train that I was glad Vickery wasn't playing, they laughed, I also said we would pump them, they laughed again. Then they said Watts would kill them, so then it was my time to laugh.....

Lot of laughs ...

• Like 2

I'll make sure I tell Spence that next time I speak to him, before you rabbit on, you need to remember I speak to the players

Don't worry Saty - we don't need reminding as you tell us every chance you get.

It's clear that the modern game calls for a ruckman who moonlights as a midfielder. Jamar can't do it, Spencer can't do it and more than likely Gawn can't do it. Once the ball hits the deck it's all over for them. We need to add a ruckman to the list who can offer more around the ground and bring some skills to the table. Until we do that we will continue to struggle against many of the better sides.

• Like 2

Why can't we find a ruckman who is athletic, strong and can clunk 4-5 big marks each match?

Wayne Carey mention the lack of strong marking, high possession rucks on Talking Footy last night. Most average only 2-3 marks per game, which for the tallest players on the ground, sounds pretty lame to me. They've got to be able to do more than tap the ball (in our case ineffectively).

Oh, for another Jim Stynes who could get 25 disposals regularly, ruck well, run all day and take 6-8 marks!

• Like 1

It was right at the time the rules were changed to favour athletic ruckmen over brute force ruckmen too. Baffling decision by MFC.

I was against it .

I hear Col Sylvia is out of contract. Could pick him up as a DFA and with a full preseason he could be anything.

Is this a joke????

His slack ass work ethic is why Lyon forced him to retire .. Wtf would Roos want to bring back the poor work ethic which he's trying to change!

He had almost 10yrs to show his professionalism & was found out @ a club which would not tolerate it!

Is this a joke????

His slack ass work ethic is why Lyon forced him to retire .. Wtf would Roos want to bring back the poor work ethic which he's trying to change!

He had almost 10yrs to show his professionalism & was found out @ a club which would not tolerate it!

oh dear...

• Like 3

Why can't we find a ruckman who is athletic, strong and can clunk 4-5 big marks each match?

Wayne Carey mention the lack of strong marking, high possession rucks on Talking Footy last night. Most average only 2-3 marks per game, which for the tallest players on the ground, sounds pretty lame to me. They've got to be able to do more than tap the ball (in our case ineffectively).

Oh, for another Jim Stynes who could get 25 disposals regularly, ruck well, run all day and take 6-8 marks!

Blicavs...

• Like 3

Any chance of Dangerfield .. Would be a gun to support Petracca, Bradshaw, Viney & toumpas!

According to someone earlier in the thread Roosy may already have Danger signed to the MFC

Take that with he biggest grain of salt imaginable

Some must drink a lot when posting on here, first of all we have Leuie from Brisbane and then Vickery from Richmond, we have a really good young ruck in King, another pre season into him and he will have a bit more size, Spencer has next year on his contract as well, so he will be playing next year as well, Roos gave it to him, I am so glad nobody on here has any say in the trading or delisting etc

You've gotta be kidding! King is about 5 years away.

Stynesy would love the modern game even more, & white would have this game down as well... but I hope we (the game) returns back to the harder more mongrel game of the early 2000's.

give me a Clark Keating, to came in & smash & crash his way about, taking marks & making his mids run tall.

Any chance of Dangerfield .. Would be a gun to support Petracca, Bradshaw, Viney & toumpas!

too much money from the cap, going forward. better with Sloane & a couple of others with a touch of class & toughness.

let danger slip through to the cats or pies, eating their cap $$$.

we need to add a mature class runner & another experienced back flanker who can deliver.

anyone have any suggestions of who the back flankers are we should target, who pinpoint targets?

I'll make sure I tell Spence that next time I speak to him, before you rabbit on, you need to remember I speak to the players, so I asked why he wasn't getting a run in the NAB Cup, at the same time as asking Terlich and Riley and was told that their fitness levels were not ready for game time, we do things properly now, as to why Riley has been banging on the door, because of his late start, they think he probably needs another game or two before consideration

I forgot you watch the game for mistakes and nothing else

So who do you think will be traded/delisted at the end of the year? We have to make at least 3 spots available, let's hear which players you think will get the chop.

• Like 1

too much money from the cap, going forward. better with Sloane & a couple of others with a touch of class & toughness.

let danger slip through to the cats or pies, eating their cap $$$.

we need to add a mature class runner & another experienced back flanker who can deliver.

anyone have any suggestions of who the back flankers are we should target, who pinpoint targets?

Matt Suckling's on the FA list right? I don't think he's at the top of his game atm, and the Hawks have great depth. If he falls out of favour slightly throughout the season I think we could give him a crack. The Suns got Malceski from Sydney last year.

Also Yarran's only 24, plus there's the Garlett factor. Not a shocking idea

Edited by Je Roos Salem

Blicavs...

Won't happen.

Guthrie's dad tipped off Wellsy, because the 2 have been mates since they were little kids.

The cats brought Blicavs into footy and he likely won't be going anywhere for the rest of his career.

In fact, I'd bet my left nut on it.

• Like 1

Won't happen.

Guthrie's dad tipped off Wellsy, because the 2 have been mates since they were little kids.

The cats brought Blicavs into footy and he likely won't be going anywhere for the rest of his career.

They let Pods go though. Must admit, Blicavs was brilliant v Collingwood but I still think he kicks it like a guy who's relatively new to the game

Won't happen.

I'm going to squirrel this post away just in case Machsy.

• Like 1

They let Pods go though. Must admit, Blicavs was brilliant v Collingwood but I still think he kicks it like a guy who's relatively new to the game

I'm told they often like that, because it means the player hasn't spent years ingraining bad form or habits.

His high speed endurance is beyond what is usually referred to as "elite" and he is a smart guy, picking up the nuances of the game rather quickly.

Geelong realise what they have with him, and he has no desire to go elsewhere.

I'd say he's theirs for as long as he plays footy.

• Like 1

So who do you think will be traded/delisted at the end of the year? We have to make at least 3 spots available, let's hear which players you think will get the chop.

LOL, good luck getting TDI to name players that should be delisted.

Every MFC player is a gun in his eyes

• Like 3

Mate, our list is still really poor, we don't have enough to work with as far as rucks and mids go.

Still think Max deserves a game, maybe 2, one as no.1 ruck and one as ruck/forward to assess where he's at as was the case last season, he may not be knocking the door down in the VFL but with our ruck spot uncertain now it's probably worth it if Max is to be considered in future plans

Steph Martin!
  • Like 1

I don't know why anybody bothers having an opinion, when we could just ask TDI.

I heard he's the fallback in case Goodwin turns out to be a dud as the successor.

That's what the players have told him anyway.

• Like 3