• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2015 apparent out of contract players merged with targets at seasons end

MadAsHell

Saw Max King walking from Fed Sqr to the G on Saturday night to watch the game. I know he's still young, but my god he's a beanpole, he struggled to stay upright in the wind on the pedestrian bridge. I reckon I could have manhandled him to the ground with ease, and I'm neither young nor in great knick. Hope he beefs up and learns how to use it over the next couple of years, because we are crying out for a good ruck option.

Yarran would be a perfect fit and addition for us.

Skills, pace and a seriously good player when at the top of his game and when in the right mindset.

He's a player who like Garlett (needed), needs a change and I'd love him.

A genuine A-grade mid would be the priority as well as an AFL standard Ruckman.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 3

Skills, pace and a seriously good player when at the top of his game and when in the right mindset.

Mindset is the thing, I don't think Yarran has got anywhere near his potential to date. The question is can he.

Not sure where we get the A grade mid but reckon we will get the ruckman.

• Like 2

Mindset is the thing, I don't think Yarran has got anywhere near his potential to date. The question is can he.

If we could get him for a cut rate price if Carlton pull a fire sale then he would be worth the risk. But I have a feeling that if they want to trade Yarran they will ask for something ridiculous in exchange that no-one will come to the table with.

If we could get him for a cut rate price if Carlton pull a fire sale then he would be worth the risk. But I have a feeling that if they want to trade Yarran they will ask for something ridiculous in exchange that no-one will come to the table with.

It will be interesting to see how they play it.

SOS really is an unknown, you can't get a line on him from his GWS days as everything was in their favour and Gubby was pulling a lot of strings.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how they play it.

SOS really is an unknown, you can't get a line on him from his GWS days as everything was in their favour and Gubby was pulling a lot of strings.

I think we have to hope they stink it up for the season and just decide to do a major cull of the list - they will want plenty for some players (Murphy, Gibbs) but if Yarran has an average season then they might just be happy to ship him off somewhere and cut their losses. We won't get him in a Garlett type deal but I'd be happy to cough up a third rounder for the risk he may bring with him in terms of his consistency on the field.

• Like 1

It's obviously a similar scenario to Garlett's...

When a player is in an environment where they're happy, enjoying footy and have confidence they'll be playing to their potential and we've seen the best of Garlett and Yarran over the years. And their best is extremely exciting and attractive football.

I hope we go for him. Great Matt Jones replacement. Roosy would get the best out of him and we're in dire need of footskills. The amount of marking opportunities he'd create for Hogan would be phenomenal.

As for the gun Mid. We'd just have to try our best to entice one of Treloar, Shiel or Danger. Crossed fingers.

An established Ruckman wouldn't be too hard.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

Coz I speak to people, don't necessarily put it all on here, because frankly some posters don't deserve it

For your info both Hames and King were given one year rookie contracts

Of course Georgiou is a different case, he doesn't fit into your argument

Well he is a completely different case because he was drafted to serve a different purpose. Harmes and King are skinny development types who if they showed development potential were always going to get an extra year. Georgiou was a ready-to-go player who the club could always make an accurate assessment of. As it happens they didn't think he was good enough or they felt he wasn't compliant enough at the end of his first season. As youd know the club would have preferred Joel Tippett and flew him over for an interview without paying his airport cab to the MCG precinct, but theyd committed to Harmes shortly after the National Draft and missed out on him and got the Cypriot as an afterthought.

Need more Salems Stretches brayshaws vineys

We do have another Christian joining us next year. Said to be quite good.

Dangerfeild is the big target.

Wouldnt be surprised if PR has that deal done already.

The first training reunion vs his old mate Bernie would be interesting to watch :-)

SEN suggesting R. Sloane to stkilda at the end of the year (obviously just rumour & i missed the start of it), but if he was going id be very keen to get (even though we have bad blood over not drafting him originally and taking bennel).

• Like 1

#1 watts > carlton; yarran > Roosy's Demons?

#2 watts + pick > carlton; Henderson > Roosy's Demons?

#1 dawes & pick > carlton; Henderson > Roosy's Demons?

#2 dawes, & watts & pick > carlton; Henderson & yarran > Roosy's Demons?

#1 howe + pick > GWS; Shiel > Roosy's Demons?

#2 howe + pick > GCS; Prestia > Roosy's Demons?

#3 howe & pick > carlton: Henderson > Roosy's Demons?

am I too opti-mystic ? :cool:

then he'll leave them.

It's obviously a similar scenario to Garlett's...

When a player is in an environment where they're happy, enjoying footy and have confidence they'll be playing to their potential and we've seen the best of Garlett and Yarran over the years. And their best is extremely exciting and attractive football.

I hope we go for him. Great Matt Jones replacement. Roosy would get the best out of him and we're in dire need of footskills. The amount of marking opportunities he'd create for Hogan would be phenomenal.

As for the gun Mid. We'd just have to try our best to entice one of Treloar, Shiel or Danger. Crossed fingers.

An established Ruckman wouldn't be too hard.

yep, & i think yarran would love to join garlett, jkh & the 'Jet', with Roosy & Goodwin & the rest of the young men of the team.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

I wouldn't even consider trading watts for yarren, people forget how good watts good is because he's so inconsistent with his efforts, and I don't really rate yarren

You could say exactly the same thing about Yarran, and most people would say that Yarran has been more damaging across his career so far than Watts has.

• Like 6

You could say exactly the same thing about Yarran, and most people would say that Yarran has been more damaging across his career so far than Watts has.

I think it would be a win/win for both boys. unrealistic pressure & club cultural issues dogged both, when they started out. change of environment & enter that new environment at a time of renewal & maturity at their new clubs.

I don't rate Yarran all that highly either but I do think he'd be a better player under Roos than Watts has managed this far.

Still got big hopes for Max. Reckon there's no rush just yet. But we need a number 1 ruckman so he can develop properly for a while.

He's 23 and in his sixth year on the list. Has had bad injury luck, but I think he's got to improve this year to sure up his future. Ruckmen can take 5-6yrs, such as Sandilands before he was really dominant, or even Jamar (although they both played a lot more footy early on)

There is still a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go this season. Who and what we target depends on so many variables between now and then, that identifying targets now is dumb.

If GWS make the finals, why on earth would Dylan SHIEL leave them to come to us? Save the picks, develop the right young blokes and continue to build a team.

While we have had our ups and downs so far this season, we have realistically had only 2 games that we would have expected to win, and won them both. If we get to 8 wins this season, that is a massive improvement to where we were. We will still have some high draft picks. Roos will use them wisely. Then our list will have changed dramatically again.

While we are nowhere near the top teams yet, and really, not anywhere near the finals, let's not look for an overnight fix. Continue to draft top talent, and keep them. Develop a culture, and then, as we look like finishing somewhere near the finals, we target a good free agent. Timing is everything.

I'm happy with Lumumba, Vince, and Garlett so far. They aren't A graders, but they have fitted in well and are better than what we had.

Do we need to make big deals yet? No, this needs to wait until our kids develop a bit. Once we have 50 games or so into Brayshaw, Hogan, Stretch, then go for it. Timing is everything.

You say some good things. Timing is everything, I agree, but timing and big deals aren't mutually exclusive concepts. The right A-grader could make us a 2-4 goal better side instantly.

Sinclair is the one that is gettable. Third in line at WCE, melb boy, wouldn't cost a heap.

I heard third hand that he was told in his season review that he wouldn't be traded, but was free to look elsewhere as his opportunities might be limited, quite possible that he's back in Melbourne next year.

Having a couple of stars gives passengers a place to hide, but having a full group of serious AFL players means that everyone on the list must either face your deficiencies or don't play AFL.

Let's just say I wouldn't cry if Pendlebury joined us, but I'd rather have the double of David Swallow and Bradley Hill for about the same price.

In fact, come to think of it, David Swallow and Bradley Hill would be a sensational couple of pickups for us.

The idea would be to replace the passengers with stars. We have a lot of role players who do their roles well, but no real game breakers. We don't have that many passengers playing regular footy.

Also, I'd suggest that Brad Hill and David Swallow would cost a fair bit more than Pendlebury. Unfortunately none of them are realistic pick ups though =/

Of course Georgiou is a different case, he doesn't fit into your argument

Georgiou is different because he was significantly older than Harmes and King. He was a practicing engineer and took a significant pay cut to join the club as a rookie. If my memory is correct he walked out on the club, or it was a 'mutual agreement'. 50k or so on the rookie list vs an engineers income + the income he gets from playing SANFL + the lure of going back home and he's now the captain of the SANFL team he won a premiership with.

SEN suggesting R. Sloane to stkilda at the end of the year (obviously just rumour & i missed the start of it), but if he was going id be very keen to get (even though we have bad blood over not drafting him originally and taking bennel).

Bernie calls him every week to tell him how good Melbourne is, trying to get him to join the dees.

• Like 1

Bernie calls him every week to tell him how good Melbourne is, trying to get him to join the dees.

Well it's previously worked with both Tex and Danger.

Let's hope it fails on this occasion.

• Like 1

He's 23 and in his sixth year on the list. Has had bad injury luck, but I think he's got to improve this year to sure up his future. Ruckmen can take 5-6yrs, such as Sandilands before he was really dominant, or even Jamar (although they both played a lot more footy early on)

Both Sandy and Jamar were a fair bit older than 23 before they started to dominate, but yeah he would want to show some signs this year and I think he has started to in his marking. He's barely played in the ruck so hard to know there, but if he can sort out his kicking he'd be smashing the door down for a forward spot.

• Like 1