Changes for Queens Birthday

The selection from week to week under Roos just baffles me. All I do know is that Howe and Bail DO NOT deserve their spot in the senior team. A couple of speccies in my opinion does not make an AFL player. The problem our club continues to have is players who are bad decision makers, and devoid of effort and consistency. It's 2015 FFS we watch this putrid nonsense every year.

In - anyone who has a football brain, that will help.

It's the old story, you pick a few guys that probably aren't quite up to it, They play well, and you think.... Gee they played well last week and deserve a game

I know we are playing Port and I think I would like to play this side ( The ones which should have played ) But sheeesh these "Fringees played so well!

How can I drop them?

That's my thinking!

• Like 1

Out: titanic deckchairs

In: the same titanic deckchairs that were swapped out a week ago

Seriously though, Newton surely comes back in, we need his 1 goal a week if we want to have a chance of breaking 50 points.

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 5

Out: titanic deckchairs

In: the same titanic deckchairs that were swapped out a week ago

Seriously though, Newton surely comes back in, we need his 1 goal a week if we want to have a chance of breaking 50 points.

Gold!!

IN: Dawes, Newton, Riley, Tyson

OUT: Bail, Howe, M. Jones, Watts

FB: Fitzpatrick, Dunn, Jetta

HB: Garland, T. McDonald, Lumumba

C: Toumpas, Vince, Tyson

HF: Vandenberg, Hogan, Brayshaw

FF: Pedersen, Dawes, Garlett

FOLL: Spencer, Cross, N. Jones

INT: Grimes, Newton, Viney

SUB: Riley

EMERG: Gawn, Harmes, Michie

Team there does lack a little run, but if we can turn the game into an arm wrestle we may be ok.

It's the old story, you pick a few guys that probably aren't quite up to it, They play well, and you think.... Gee they played well last week and deserve a game

I know we are playing Port and I think I would like to play this side ( The ones which should have played ) But sheeesh these "Fringees played so well!

How can I drop them?

That's my thinking!

Translation please

• Like 1

PDVD_171.jpg

Roos: "Now its time for the easiest part of any coach's job. The cuts.

Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you.

Bail is cut. Howey is cut. Matty Jones, you're gone. Fitzy, I like your hustle. (Fitzy smiles) That's why it was so hard to cut you. (Fitzy frowns)

Congratulations, the rest of you made the team! (random sighs of relief) Except you and you (points to Watts and Toumpas)"

This is quite possibly the funniest post on here!!!!

• Like 2

Would have thought M Jones, Bail, Fitzpatrick, Howe, Watts and (IMO, anyway) Dunn ought to be the candidates to be dropped.

They won't all go, and part of it will depend on who comes in. I'd suggest Tyson, Riley, Newton and maybe Michie are in the frame.

Match committee needs to do a better job of matching us up against Collingwood; keeping Fitzpatrick in despite no Ryder was a bad move.

Edited by titan_uranus

Out M Jones and Bail

In Tyson and pigdog.

Seriously, I don't care that they do a defensive job, we need more attacking options, our backline normally does a decent job, but when your two half forwards are crap with ball in hand when they get it or can't tackle a player already on the ground without giving away frees they need to go.

They offer this club nothing for its future unless our future is to stay a pathetic cellar dwelling club...

If that's the case, bring Terlich back too.

I'd even consider Fitzy for another mid like ANB or Stretch which means Dunn plays on white.

• Like 4

I cannot believe that the Hun had Dunn amongst the best players (and no mention of Hogan)!

How do we match up against Collingwood? I would assume McDonald will take Cloke, who takes White - Dunn? Garland? And if Witts/Grundy rest forward, do we need a third tall defender (i.e. Fitzy)?

Fitzy wasn't necessary against Port and shouldn't have played, but if we need him against Collingwood maybe he'll stay.

Midfield-wise, I'd be astounded if we don't see at least two of Tyson, Riley, Newton and Michie in the side.

• Like 1

IN: Tyson, Riley, Newton, Michie

OUT: Howe, Bail, Fitzy, M.Jones

Need more run and speed. Need more clearances and ball winners. Michie rewarded for good VFL form.

Hopefully they give Michie a go and keep him in more than 1 game. Probably put him on Pendlebury (after getting Fyffe and Mitchell in his last two games)

Translation please

Ok

1 We didn't play a horses for courses team this week, Fitzpatrick surplus to needs as Rider didn't play X

2 We went with and hope Viney and Jetta can regain form and not be fatigued because of layoff's X

3 We played Bail and Jones on the basis of there games last week, but given the much better midfield this week we needed to play both of Riley and Newton but Roosy went with the ol "Deserved a game mantra" Instead of hard nosed relentless selection based on MATCH UPS X

Do you get it now??

If not then maybe you can provide some "Informed" analysis?

Edited by picket fence