Post Match Discussion, Pontification and Prayer

Demonland

Yes but that is still less damaged than us, and they don't feel it anywhere near as badly because they actually have some depth to come in. Including Salem, Watts and Jamar we were fielding up to our 33rd best player today, obviously we are going to battle against a club who is looking at a three-peat premiership

"Battle"? Come on Curry and Beer there was none of that. Our players were witches' hats in a Hawthorn training day.

Roos should do the right thing and resign, no reason to hang in for another 30 games, he has quit albeit end 0f 2016, and so have the players, Hoo Roo Roos, and take all your old men with you, Cross, Labumba, Vince, Spudda Doors, Jamar, oh and take a ;look at the Hawks coaches box on the way out. Clarkson, Neats, Ooze Brucey, Ratten, and the other bloke, what a joke.

Roos is all about the $$$$$$

He isnt giving up his easy money

• Like 3

To 3/4 time these were the standouts

Howe 2k 9hb 3m 1tackle

Dawes 4 1 2 0

Vandenberg 5 2 0 2

Mitchie 5 5 1 3

Toumpas 4 4 0 0

Lumumba 5 3 2 2

MJones 3 5 2 3

Drop all of them.

I absolutely HATE a post like this. You know why?

How long are we going to simply blame the coach. At the end of his tenure the players let Daniher down. They let Bailey down. Neeld may be the exception to the rule, but Roos losing them? Give me a break. These players too often pick and choose when they are going to show up and when they don't it's the coaches fault. Ridiculous. Roos is one of the greatest coaches of the modern era and one who every player he has coached, respected. The players loved playing for him.

Roos isn't the problem, it's the personnel, and if you can't see that... then nobody can help you.

Don't worry I'd probably delist all except about 8 players if it was legal to do so. I'm not saying its only Roos, but he has to put his hand up and explain why there has been no improvement since 2008 when we lost to the Hawks by the exact same margin.

• Like 1

That's not a true reflection of where we are at. We gave up 20 minutes into the game, which is disgraceful, because we were scared.

We didn't play how we were supposed to and it unravelled very quickly.

Leadership is our biggest, of many, weaknesses and days like today highlight that.

Blame Dawes, Toumpas and Grimes all you like, but blokes like Tyson, Jones, Vince weren't good when it counted. We're no chance when that happens.

Sorry Melb16. It is a true reflection of where we're at. If Tyson, Jones, Vince, Dawes, Dunne et al aren't good when it counts, who is?

Of course the result is not a surprise, What is a surprise is how [censored] soft and pathetic we are. We don't tackle we don't chase we can't hit targets we can't even man up.

i really don't get it

We suck at the basics...we can hardly PLAY footy. I'm not talking about the polish that's non existent...I'm worried we just can't do the simple things. You can't build if you can't do these. Fed how many coaches,,,,how lacklustre a team what gives,

• Like 1

Rubbish post. Many of those picked today were well before his time.

And he has had two offseason periods to get rid of then

Yet they still remain

Roos has been garbage

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 3

Don't worry I'd probably delist all except about 8 players if it was legal to do so. I'm not saying its only Roos, but he has to put his hand up and explain why there has been no improvement since 2008 when we lost to the Hawks by the exact same margin.

Going back to 2008 has nothing to do with Roos. He is 1 season and 7 games into his tenure here as coach. We were mauled today by a superior team because we were abysmal in so many areas. With the injuries we had no choice but to pick 3rd and 4th rate players as we have nothing else to choose from.

Once the season is over I'm hopeful more delistings will come and we can improve upon that depth. But we can't compete with the back to back premiers with the side we fielded today, no matter who was in charge.

• Like 7

I think we are in for another serious turnover of players at years end.

We have McCartney who I consider the best development coach in the Comp, trade some of these blokes out for whatever picks we can get and rebuild through the draft and actually develop these blokes, we have a core, but as good as cross, vince, Dawes, and co have been, they aren't in our next premiership side, they're bullet shields so our young blokes can develop

• Like 4

Sorry mate, but disagree. Our issues have nothing whatsoever to do with talent. Our skills look shocking because our players are lazy, do everything at less than 100% intensity and in a generally insipid fashion and hence are always under pressure. Opposition sides look great against us because they benefit from that laziness and lack of intensity when they get the ball.

Sadly the 'talent' of Grimes, M. Jones, Bail etc is pretty evident at training.

I wouldn't describe GWS as an intensely tough team, but I'd swap my leg for their list. Why? Because it's FULL of potential talent.

Also, I never understand why Melbourne supporters are so keen to disprove the theory that we need better draft access/Priority Picks. What if i'm wrong? We gain access to the type of talent that will make us successful, or at least give us trade value. I don't see Hawthorn or Collingwood complaining about their draft concessions from the early to mid 00's. It got them flags, and then allowed those players to move on with free agency (Franklin and Thomas). It's proof the system can work.

• Like 1

Where is the Fibre that binds the club

It's just not there. The jumper means nothing...

the era of free agency I fear

Edited by 1 red eye 1 blue eye

He's worked with all of them. Could've delisted any of them last year. This ia a Roos' team now. Last year they weren't.

Are you suggesting we should have delisted more than 11 players last year?

• Like 1

Sorry Melb16. It is a true reflection of where we're at. If Tyson, Jones, Vince, Dawes, Dunne et al aren't good when it counts, who is?

tis a bitter pill :(

On a day in a FULLY complemented team they're all ok. But they aren't the real framework...they're the cloth. I'm concerned by Chunk...seems to have fallen off a cliff...captains curse...but eh...he's only human

My first child was born yesterday, he will be 4th generation Melbourne Demons. It is in his genes. My father in law is wanting to sign him up to essendon, yet I stood my ground. Then the demons go out and get smashed to pieces. Maybe I break this curse and let him follow who he wants. At least he will see a flag, my father and I haven't!

Sick to death of being the joke of the competition. How many first round picks does it take?

Don't do that. Make him go for Melbourne. It's character-building. It will also give him a sense of real appreciation when the tide turns. Unlike those kids that just jump on the bandwagon.

The loss is disappointing. The consistency is worse - consistently ordinary.

Hawthorn were woeful today and pumped us by 100. That is our reality.

The AFL can make of it what they will, but nothing has changed in my mind - MFC is a sub par list.

They weren't woeful at all. There were a few skill errors in there, but pretty much every time we turned it over, they made us pay. We just turned it over in bad areas and too often. We don't attack enough there. A couple of times today we moved the ball really quickly and low and behold, we looked dangerous.

• Like 1

Triple M give 'the worst player' votes:

Most Worst: 3 Howe

2nd worst 2 Dawes

1 Lumbumba

Looks right.

Shameful for all of them

• Like 1