THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Interesting Twitter exchange between Mark Robinson and James Magner here.

Good get...it is worth spelling out the exchange:

jamesmagner @jamesmag23 5h5 hours ago

@BMcLean_Ally @Robbo_heraldsun cheeky voicemail left by him yesterday sniffing around for a story on the dees! #writearealstory

biQJ9Vtf_bigger.jpegMark Robinson @Robbo_heraldsun 22m22 minutes ago
  • @jamesmag23 cheeky? Why go to Twitter and not ring me back. All I was going to ask was: did you get injections in the stomach...

What a low act by Robbo...Hirds 'ambulance chaser'?

Is Robbo so dumb that he needs to ask Magna: 'Why go to Twitter and not ring me back'

Well done for Magna for exposing this low act!

• Like 7

Rofl! Robbo is such a nob.

Trying to push the demons angle as far as he can to distract from Essendon, thinking he can get into an ex-player who may be disgruntled.

Jimmy saw right through it. You ripper Jimmy.

Also the comment from Brock was good too.

• Like 6

WADA weren't involved in the Armstrong case. USADA.

USADA is the local offshoot of WADA in the U.S., just as ASADA is in Australia. In my book that makes them involved as both are operating under WADA protocols. I'm sure you may differ. I'm happy to concede your point. For me, it is the process and the outcomes that are important.

It is fairly clear that Dank did some work around our club but I doubt he would have started off with the standard service plus all the extras like he did at Essendon. He just got sacked for this at Essendon. He would have known by then that he was under scrutiny and would have been sure he was arse covering. Perhaps once he got well rooted in he may have tried to peddle the extra services.

Not only has the tide turned there is a tsunami building against Hird:

-On SEN with KB Waldron said Hird has lost all his coaches, including Harvey!!

-Clearly he has lost the players!

-As noted in my post #2618 yesterday Bomber, Tim Watson, Lloyd and the Essendonians have jumped off his band wagon.

-He has no friends at AFL.

-Little is hardly a fan.

That leaves only EFC members and fans left to support Hird.

I can see a tug-of- building for the hearts and minds of fans and members.

All the recent leaks are probably Hird's way of shoring up their support.

But the fans have to be won over before deposing the golden boy.

So would expect a subtle anti Hird campaign from those club legends above (who are all in the media) to soften up supporters.

This tug-of-war will be played out in the media!

Yep, a tsunami is building! :cool:

A tsunami isn't selective about who gets drowned. It wipes out everything. If HIrd goes, the collateral damage could be massive.

Let's think about the implications of that.

If there's anybody who knows everybody's involvement, it's got to be Hird. EFC's problem is that if they dump him, however gracefully, without his consent, what if he tells everything he knows?

The damage to EFC, not to mention the AFL and therefore all the other clubs, could be massive.

• Like 1

A tsunami isn't selective about who gets drowned. It wipes out everything. If HIrd goes, the collateral damage could be massive.

If there's anybody who knows everybody's involvement, it's got to be Hird. EFC's problem is that if they dump him, however gracefully, without his consent, what if he tells everything he knows?

The damage to EFC, not to mention the AFL and therefore all the other clubs, could be massive.

Since I doubt he'd ever dob himself in, the question is, does he have dirt on others which doesn't implicate him. And these people have nothing on him. Sounds unlikely. So I reckon he'll only spill the beans if he is taken down and wants to bring others down with him.

I think Essendon hope the pressure will build enough so that he will resign. The involvement from Essendon notables questioning his competency could be a play for this end. Problem is, Hird still holds a significant part of the board and legions of supporters in his spell.

Knowing a little about IT, when a document -- any document -- is accidentally deleted, there is very rarely a circumstance where nothing at all can be recovered.

(And let's assume that Essendon, with their myriad laptops that you can see on TV on any game day, were not so primitive and backwards that they dealt exclusively with pen-on-paper documentation.)

Usually there's a hard copy somewhere. An older version on someone's desktop. A memory stick with some version of it.

On the backup devices!

At last resort, a forensic data recovery will extract at least a partial version from one of the above, even if garbled.

For a document to go missing from all of those sources is a very very unusual occurrence. A bit like how winning Tattslotto is a very very unusal occurrence. What are the chances?

Bit hard to recover data when computers go missing......

Rofl! Robbo is such a nob.

Trying to push the demons angle as far as he can to distract from Essendon, thinking he can get into an ex-player who may be disgruntled.

Jimmy saw right through it. You ripper Jimmy.

Also the comment from Brock was good too.

He is not a [censored] he is a slimy disgusting piece of work. Deliberately targeting Magner as he had appeared to have left the Dees unhappy and then quickly dropped in to Ess this preseason. Horrible muck racker trying to push this story off onto others.
  • Like 6

He is not a [censored] he is a slimy disgusting piece of work. Deliberately targeting Magner as he had appeared to have left the Dees unhappy and then quickly dropped in to Ess this preseason. Horrible muck racker trying to push this story off onto others.

I recall that he also strongly pushed the tanking issue regarding Melbourne, whilst barely mentioning, and certainly not doing any real investigation about Carlton. I formed the opinion that he saw us as a soft target or he had a particular beef against the club.

There is no doubt that he is trying to deflect attention from Essendon now and he pushed the same issue two years ago when it was first mentioned that there was some sort of Dank involvement at Melbourne.

The other part of the Magner - Robbo tweet, if you haven't read it, was Magner's response to the question, "Did you get an injection in the stomach?"

Answer "No".

Edited by xarronn
  • Like 1

I recall that he also strongly pushed the tanking issue regarding Melbourne, whilst barely mentioning, and certainly not doing any real investigation about Carlton. I formed the opinion that he saw us as a soft target or he had a particular beef against the club.

There is no doubt that he is trying to deflect attention from Essendon now and he pushed the same issue two years ago when it was first mentioned that there was some sort of Dank involvement at Melbourne.

The other part of the Magner - Robbo tweet, if you haven't read it, was Magner's response to the question, "Did you get an injection in the stomach?"

Answer "No".

He should have old him to go f himself.

There's got to be a mini-series, or at least a book in this, and when it materialises one would hope that the weasels who peddle biased lines promoting their favoured protected species are exposed as the unreliable witnesses that they really are.

Let's hope News Corp is not in charge of production.

There's got to be a mini-series, or at least a book in this, and when it materialises one would hope that the weasels who peddle biased lines promoting their favoured protected species are exposed as the unreliable witnesses that they really are.

Let's hope News Corp is not in charge of production.

Nothing is more certain than Tird already having lined up a tell all book contract in the 6 to 7 figure mark.

Answer "No".

Robbo is a bloody disgrace. Sounds and looks as if he is drunk on stage. How does someone as professional as Gerald Whatley even bear to appear with him.

And congratulations to James Magner for his responses. Well done.

• Like 3

In my view it is imperative that Hird tells everything he knows, but the problem with him it would be so slanted by his sociopathic personality, that it would be impossible to tell the truth from fiction. Maybe when it all gets to the civil courts which it must in some form or other, that some form of plea bargain may put some quality control on the information forthcoming.

It is definitely time after the CAS hearing and its aftermath that all the major actors: Hird, Evans, Vlad, Little, Reid, Thompson, Dank, McLaughlin, Watson, Charter tell everything they know - and truthfully. Unfortunately, pigs might fly!

• Like 1

In my view it is imperative that Hird tells everything he knows, but the problem with him it would be so slanted by his sociopathic personality, that it would be impossible to tell the truth from fiction. Maybe when it all gets to the civil courts which it must in some form or other, that some form of plea bargain may put some quality control on the information forthcoming.

It is definitely time after the CAS hearing and its aftermath that all the major actors: Hird, Evans, Vlad, Little, Reid, Thompson, Dank, McLaughlin, Watson, Charter tell everything they know - and truthfully. Unfortunately, pigs might fly!

Will only happen if the players take them to court as Jess suggests they should. I truly hope they do as to date the AFL & EFC have done all in their power to keep the truth from coming out.

I can't believe the BS Robbo was talking the other day about how it was a disgrace that Robinson was paid out a mill...yes it was but part of the reason was they didn't want Robbos subpoena to hand over all of the documentation he had received from the Hird camp to be carried out. That would have made interesting reading.

Funny Robbo also thinks all this leaking is a disgrace and is pointing the bone at everyone but those that have been feeding him with info for the past few years.