Lay off Jack Watts...

hardtack

There is a VERY easy way for Jack to get everyone off his back.......and he won't or can't do it.

7 possessions in your 100th game.

It's a pity we don't have anyone pushing up from Casey to take his place, because we will get served up the same rubbish until we do.

• Like 6

Gws: Wasn't too bad. Went missing in the 2nd half.

Adelaide: Soft and insipid.

Richmond: Another performance he would rather forget.

Freo: Worst on ground.

Time to take off the rose coloured glasses mate..

DD, just realising that he's not always the root of the problem.

Pages and pages of vitriol targeted at one player, when the club, as a whole has been rubbish for years.

What upset me today was watching poor selections on the field....VFL standard vs potential AFL premiers. Talk about road kill.

• Like 2

Pages and pages of vitriol targeted at one player, when the club, as a whole has been rubbish for years.

What upset me today was watching poor selections on the field....VFL standard vs potential AFL premiers. Talk about road kill.

I think the problem is most posters think Watts' role is a Fyfe or Dangerfield role. His best games have been when the team plays well and delivers the ball well. Today, as a whole, our delivery especially by foot was terrible. I suppose simpletons just need a target and Watts is an easy one.

• Like 2

The club has been rubbish, i get that.. but it never stop Nathan Jones and Tom Mcdonald from being the players they are today. Gotta stop going back and blaming the past. The reason why Watts is in this position is because its between the ears. Some point he has to take blame for his performance. Its not the past that stops him from going harder to the contest or putting pressure on opposition around the ground. Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 7

Yep and that is where it starts and Ends!

I have supported Watts for a long time...

It pains me to say it but I reckon we need to call it!

Time to trade Him!

Jordy Sheeit why select him and keep him as a sub??? Dreadful decision

We have a lot of NQR p[layers

You all jknow who !

But cheeezus

Freo will win the premiership on what I saw Today!!

I think the problem is most posters think Watts' role is a Fyfe or Dangerfield role. His best games have been when the team plays well and delivers the ball well. Today, as a whole, our delivery especially by foot was terrible. I suppose simpletons just need a target and Watts is an easy one.

but it begs the question...what is/can be his rolle ?

The you aren't watching. Was deplorable today. Avoids physical contact like the plague. We were a man down today.

We have always been a man down with him in the side. He offered nothing all day from HF. But hey he's great. Lets give him another 100 games. Shocker!

It pains me to agree with the vultures, but yes. Really.

I have more faith in the Pedo playing his role. I am lost as what to do with Jack. 100 games now, and nothing seems to work.

He has been given opportunities other players would dream of.

Well, opinions differ....and that's okay.

"Water boy" - thought I'd get in first.

Good question. He plays well when the team plays well and obviously fails to step up to the challenge. If he is to stay in the starting 22 I'd probably swap him out with Howe.

• Like 1

The club has been rubbish, i get that.. but it never stop Nathan Jones and Tom Mcdonald from being the players they are today. Gotta stop going back and blaming the past. The reason why Watts is in this position is because its between the ears. Some point he has to take blame for his performance. Its not the past that stops him from going harder to the contest or putting pressure on opposition around the ground.

But he's never had the taste for the contest - doesn't mean he's not valued.

He's a creator....obviously not today, as Freo completely monstered our very ordinary game plan.....and very ordinary selections.

bb He has no role at melbourne!!

He's a creator....obviously not today, as Freo completely monstered our very ordinary game plan.....and very ordinary selections.

I understand he is a creator Jumbo.. but even he isn't even that good at that.

• Like 1

I understand he is a creator Jumbo.. but even he isn't even that good at that.

Bradley was a pea hearted no go in type of player.

But boy o boy,could he get outside the pack and call loud for the hard earned footy,and then use it.

I'd put him in the middle...all game...try 2-3 weeks...if no good...cut your losses and delist.

gOLLy its gone past that unfortunately

Freo defenders parked themselves in front of him a few times on the lead. He should be making defenders earn those marks. He just glances by them. Zero aggression. The tackles he accumulates are when he's been beaten one on one and chasing the ball he should have won in the first place. The amount of one on one battles he loses, regardless of the size or height of the opponent is embarrassing.

• Like 1

Freo defenders parked themselves in front of him a few times on the lead. He should be making defenders earn those marks. He just glances by them. Zero aggression. The tackles he accumulates are when he's been beaten one on one and chasing the ball he should have won in the first place. The amount of one on one battles he loses, regardless of the size or height of the opponent is embarrassing.

He's not the only one who was squeezed by Freo's discipline and structure today.

Do you really think shaming people, or humiliating them in public, spurs them on to 'have a real crack'.

I don't.

Everything else has been tried, what would you suggest? Or maybe he just can't play.

If they have any ounce of competitiveness in them it should spur them...clearly not Jack though.

Edited by jnrmac

Well, not right now. He's a bit down on form.

And.....Freo.

We were never, ever in the hunt with all our injuries.

We have no depth.

Post of the year. Poor Jack, Lets give him another hundred games. I am sure I see something there....

Sound like the same conversations we used to have about Morton...

• Like 2

He's not the only one who was squeezed by Freo's discipline and structure today.

You keep referring to today like its his only bad performance.

He's had 100 goes at it and shown next to no improvement.

I dare say had we given Lucas Cook 100 goes at it he'd be just as effective by now.

• Like 1